PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Nick Foles to Jax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiefs are definitely our biggest threat. Jags still have a lot to prove.

Jacksonville can have him. As long as the running back from LSU keeps breaking down, that offense is going to be bad regardless of qb.

I would love Blake Bortles here behind Brady for Two maybe three years. Would teach him a thing or two.

Yeah, no. I think I would rather have Jordan Richards back.

Jacksonville can have him. As long as the running back from LSU keeps breaking down, that offense is going to be bad regardless of qb.
They need to go RG/RT and RB, in that order, in the draft. Their wideouts are actually pretty good fits for the same scheme Philly runs so long as Lee can stay healthy.

They need to go RG/RT and RB, in that order, in the draft. Their wideouts are actually pretty good fits for the same scheme Philly runs so long as Lee can stay healthy.

If they are bringing in Foles, they'd better find themselves a high level receiving TE.

If they are bringing in Foles, they'd better find themselves a high level receiving TE.
Agree. Especially considering that they only have one true possession guy on the team and that guy is coming off of a torn ACL. If they’re going the FA route, I’d suspect Eifert. But they may be cash strapped after Foles and going after a TE in the first, when the right side of their OL is a sieve, would be a mistake IMO.

Agree. Especially considering that they only have one true possession guy on the team and that guy is coming off of a torn ACL. If they’re going the FA route, I’d suspect Eifert. But they may be cash strapped after Foles and going after a TE in the first, when the right side of their OL is a sieve, would be a mistake IMO.

We obviously don't know how they'll burn their FA cash, but they've got an extra pick in the 3rd, meaning they've got 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. Coughlin will have to read the tea leaves on this, but I'd suggest to him that, if they haven't gotten a TE via FA, they draft TE first, then go by BA for their needs at 38, 69 and 98.

But that's just me reading Foles' use of Ertz, and trying to translate that to this year's draft without having the FAs already done, and I can definitely see where you're coming from with your preferences.

Think he’s a definite upgrade to Bortles. Seems like a pretty laid back guy who doesn’t break under pressure easily. Wins the superbowl, without a scene goes back to the bench. Comes back in after another Carson Wentz injury and takes his team from the abyss back into the playoffs. 1 game away from the NFC Championship. Had **** for a running game, a good wr and a great TE. Think he is good move by the Jaguars if they go that route.

Jax are not in a good shape. They almost have no cap space; have to cut some of the defense players and must get ready to extend Ramsey. I cannot wait to have our double revenge.

Nick Foles played so far above his ceiling that Playoff run...that was a once in a lifetime run for him. I dont see him making the Jags all that much more dangerous
Not really. Look at his 2013 season. He won the starting job in week 5, went 8-2 ( threw for 428 yds 3/1 in one of the losses) and had 27/2 TD/int ratio. They lost to New Orleans in the playoffs on a last second field goal and played then like he did in last year;s playoffs...

Foles is good with good protection. They should fortify their OLine and get him a good receiving TE

Jaguars still the 3rd best team in Division and Foles the 3rd best QB in division.

He's unproven outside of Philly and the offensive weapons in Jacksonville are horrible and Fournette is going down the Trent Richardson route.

Foles best run was his 2013 season, so his playoff run in 2017 was not a one-off. He was good in 2018, too. The question is whether his high level play is something he can sustain at this point in his career, or is something more along the lines of the Flacco/Eli lightning strikes.

You mean his run in 2017 was not a 1/2 - off.

He's never started more than 9 games in a row, so I'd say durability has been a question, not just at this point, but his entire career.

You mean his run in 2017 was not a 1/2 - off.

He's never started more than 9 games in a row, so I'd say durability has been a question, not just at this point, but his entire career.

That's a very misleading stat. Foles started off behind Vick. He's been behind Wentz in his return to Philly. He's only had 2 seasons where he was the unquestioned starter week one and could have had full seasons. In the first, he had his team at 6-2 before suffering a broken collarbone. In the second, post-trade to St. Louis, his missed games were because the coaching staff benched him, not because of injury.

Great move for the Jags, assuming his contract isn’t insane. Foles is better than Keenum, Flacco, Cousins, and the other desperation QBs that have come on the market. I think the Eagles are making the mistake here. This is Foles team and the chemistry works...they could trade Wentz for a big return. I don’t see Wentz as anything close to a long-term elite QB.

Gotta win that Division first... You can argue all 4 teams are play off contenders

And they'll hopefully be taking bites out of each other's records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing