PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: NFL Suspends Donks DB Kareem Jackson 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Jackson was ejected for a second time this season in the donks/green bay game... guy is a 14 year veteran... he should know better by now...

has laid out a few vicious hits this year

vs las vegas (jakobi meyers on the receiving end)

vs washington

vs green bay

4 games for a hit to the shoulder area....league is a joke

Those are some old school, big boy hits. I love them. Wish there were more of them.

damn... i gotta say i thought they were out of bounds... and those hits are classic illustrations of head hunting

its not like the penalty for leading with the helmet hasn't been on the books in some form since 1996

I think the Jakobi and Thomas hits are more clearly targeting, both are brutal. The hit yesterday doesn't seem as bad to me. I don't think he should be suspended though, just keep fining him if you have to. But that's the rules that the no fun league put in place.

I think the Jakobi and Thomas hits are more clearly targeting, both are brutal. The hit yesterday doesn't seem as bad to me. I don't think he should be suspended though, just keep fining him if you have to. But that's the rules that the no fun league put in place.
Fines didn't seem to work before. My guess is that missing four game checks will get his attention.

If he did that to Kelce it would send all of the Swifties into an absolute tizzy!
conspiracy time...

suspicious tin foil GIF by The Cooligans

The NFL only suspended Kareem Jackson because the donks play the cheefs next week and they want to protect travis from his hits because taylor swift might play the super bowl next year...

now someone with tweeter needs to go tweet that out into the interwebs

You can usually read intent with a hit if you’ve played football at any level, or even if you haven’t played football before. Generally speaking, if the dude is leading with his shoulder, there’s no malicious intent. Just a big hit. The game happens in milliseconds and sometimes helmet-to-helmet contact is just a part of it.

You can usually read intent with a hit if you’ve played football at any level, or even if you haven’t played football before. Generally speaking, if the dude is leading with his shoulder, there’s no malicious intent. Just a big hit. The game happens in milliseconds and sometimes helmet-to-helmet contact is just a part of it.
I agree, but with the Logan Thomas hit specifically he leaves his feet to target the head with his shoulder pads.

EDIT: his reaction, to me say guilty AF, like "oh **** i think i killed a man"

I agree, but with the Logan Thomas hit specifically he leaves his feet to target the head with his shoulder pads.

EDIT: his reaction, to me say guilty AF, like "oh **** i think i killed a man"
Yeah, that was one where you can tell there was intent. I don’t think the one against Green Bay yesterday had intent, but the NFL has seen hits like the Thomas one and he was ****ed.

when it happens once, you might have a point...

when it happens over and over? Its deliberate.

when it happens once, you might have a point...

when it happens over and over? Its deliberate.
Unless you’re prepared to make an argument that every tackle he registers has malicious intent, that’s clearly not true at all. Malicious intent can happen on variable basis. See my follow-up post to @TheBeers. The one against Green Bay wasn’t dirty, had zero indication of intent, and certainly didn’t deserve a suspension by itself. The one against Thomas? Much more difficult to make that point.

Unless you’re prepared to make an argument that every tackle he registers has malicious intent, that’s clearly not true at all. Malicious intent can happen on variable basis. See my follow-up post to @TheBeers. The one against Green Bay wasn’t dirty, had zero indication of intent, and certainly didn’t deserve a suspension by itself. The one against Thomas? Much more difficult to make that point.
i saw your post. I disagree. and apparently, so does the league.

its pointless to argue with you. as you said "I love them. Wish there were more of them." pretty much says it all.

i saw your post. I disagree. and apparently, so does the league.

its pointless to argue with you. as you said "I love them. Wish there were more of them." pretty much says it all.
An appeal to authority (the league office, of all people) followed by an ad hominem? You might be right. It is pointless to argue with me if that’s how you’re starting things.

Go ahead and argue that every tackle has malicious intent. Can’t do that? Then how can you argue that every big hit of his has intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.