PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT NBA Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading the pick for someone like Butler of George would be a mistake that would haunt this franchise forever. You make the pick and its Fultz.

I think George is going to LA as a FA, not the biggest fan of butler. I'm good with having Bradley at the 2 or 3 and have Fultz/Ball

Epic!!! I would take Fultz but I think Ball will also be good... either player would be a hell of a get. Incredible to think the Celtics are already in the conference finals and now get the top overall pick too. Ainge is the gift that keeps on giving, and Stevens has been great. Been a really exciting few years for a Celtics fan and it'll only get better!

I think George is going to LA as a FA, not the biggest fan of butler. I'm good with having Bradley at the 2 or 3 and have Fultz/Ball
Lakers would be very dumb to offer the Pacers anything of value for George. I'd offer Deng and a late first, take it or leave it. You have to be greedy to win a title in today's NBA. Keep Ingram, Russell, pick ect. and try to add George to that. You play it safe and you won't win ****.

I'm in the minority here, but i take Ball. His game is suited to the NBA and he makes players around him better. I think his vision and basketball IQ make him to good to pass up.

Either way if we take Fultz or Ball, the question is what do we do with Thomas.
Except for the whole part where he launches his shots from chest level and he's going to get the **** back in his face when he's playing with men instead of boys.

trade the pick! The baggage with Ball is too much and Fultz won like 9 total games against garbage teams last year which i think is an extremely underrated red flag. Not to mention all we do is draft guards and we need to get bigger

I say trade for a legit rim protector, sign hayward and try to keep bradley, call it an offseason

No . . . Fultz is ridiculously good. He's got a lot of James Harden/Healthy Brandon Roy to his game already and he is still improving. Fultz is a no-brainer of a pick for the C's. I will be sick if they trade him for Jimmy Butler or 1 year of Paul George.

Karl-Anthony Towns and Porzingis play for terrible teams too. The T'Wolves and Knicks are loaded with lousy NBA players, but that doesn't change the evaluation of Towns and Porzingis. Similarly, Washington was loaded with terrible D-1 college players. Why is that a red flag against Fultz?

Danny needs to fawn and gush over Ball so much that the Lakers & Magic Johnson throw in a future 1st to trade up to #1, swapping for #2. Then after they take Ball, the C's take Fultz, who they wanted anyway!

No . . . Fultz is ridiculously good. He's got a lot of James Harden/Healthy Brandon Roy to his game already and he is still improving. Fultz is a no-brainer of a pick for the C's. I will be sick if they trade him for Jimmy Butler or 1 year of Paul George.

Karl-Anthony Towns and Porzingis play for terrible teams too. The T'Wolves and Knicks are loaded with lousy NBA players, but that doesn't change the evaluation of Towns and Porzingis. Similarly, Washington was loaded with terrible D-1 college players. Why is that a red flag against Fultz?

There is literally no way to exaggerate how bad Fultz's team was this year. And that includes the coaching staff. It isn't close to being on Fultz.

Danny needs to fawn and gush over Ball so much that the Lakers & Magic Johnson throw in a future 1st to trade up to #1, swapping for #2. Then after they take Ball, the C's take Fultz, who they wanted anyway!
Naaaaah, I don't think you do that. This isn't the NFL draft, it's not worth it to trade back when you have a stud like Fultz available. I wouldn't trust them. Just take the beast.

Well its about FUC*ING time the Pats caught a break in the draft lottery. Here's the problem. These kids come out in the draft so young that even the best of them will never make an instant impact. Brown is a perfect example. He had a decent rookie year, but that kid is at LEAST 2 years away before we see the kind of player we hope to get.

It seems like all the Celts will eventually have on their team is guards. That being said Fultz and Ball seem like the 2 clear picks. If I were the Celts, I'd take the guy who will be the best defender of the two (sounds like Fultz). IT is an amazing player, but he sucks on defense and if the Celts are going to take the next step they are going to need to put a lot of good defenders on the floor to make up for Thomas' liability.

2 out of the box thoughts.

1. Because IT is such a defensive liability, maybe it would be best NOT to sign him to the LT deal and go with a good defensive backcourt of Fultz/Smart/ Bradly/Rozier. Decent enough offense, but what they'd lack in offense they'd make up on D.

2. Another thought is find a great defensive big man. Clearly that is a big missing piece on this team. I'm not a big college basketball follower anymore. Is there a preminent big man who is a great defender among the top 10. or maybe one we could pick up in FA

So maybe the strategy should be to trade down to a spot where they can pick up that missing piece and keep IT long term.

Well its about FUC*ING time the Pats caught a break in the draft lottery. Here's the problem. These kids come out in the draft so young that even the best of them will never make an instant impact. Brown is a perfect example. He had a decent rookie year, but that kid is at LEAST 2 years away before we see the kind of player we hope to get.

It seems like all the Celts will eventually have on their team is guards. That being said Fultz and Ball seem like the 2 clear picks. If I were the Celts, I'd take the guy who will be the best defender of the two (sounds like Fultz). IT is an amazing player, but he sucks on defense and if the Celts are going to take the next step they are going to need to put a lot of good defenders on the floor to make up for Thomas' liability.

2 out of the box thoughts.

1. Because IT is such a defensive liability, maybe it would be best NOT to sign him to the LT deal and go with a good defensive backcourt of Fultz/Smart/ Bradly/Rozier. Decent enough offense, but what they'd lack in offense they'd make up on D.

2. Another thought is find a great defensive big man. Clearly that is a big missing piece on this team. I'm not a big college basketball follower anymore. Is there a preminent big man who is a great defender among the top 10. or maybe one we could pick up in FA

So maybe the strategy should be to trade down to a spot where they can pick up that missing piece and keep IT long term.
I doubt it'll be a trade down, Fultz is clearly the best player. You gotta take him. Plus IT is 28 and his game likely doesn't age well. We won't compete with the Dubs during IT's prime. Develop Brown and Fultz and be a super team in a few years.

I'm in the minority here, but i take Ball. His game is suited to the NBA and he makes players around him better. I think his vision and basketball IQ make him to good to pass up.

Either way if we take Fultz or Ball, the question is what do we do with Thomas.
sign him when his contract is up. simple.

I doubt it'll be a trade down, Fultz is clearly the best player. You gotta take him. Plus IT is 28 and his game likely doesn't age well. We won't compete with the Dubs during IT's prime. Develop Brown and Fultz and be a super team in a few years.
Still need that big man. You can't be an all guard team......or can you these days.

Still need that big man. You can't be an all guard team......or can you these days.
What they need way more than anything else is an elite scorer who can get his own shot. That's Fultz. That he can handle the ball and take pressure off of IT is a bonus.
Zizic is coming next season. Possibly Yabasule as well. That will upgrade the bigs.

What they need way more than anything else is an elite scorer who can get his own shot. That's Fultz. That he can handle the ball and take pressure off of IT is a bonus.
Zizic is coming next season. Possibly Yabasule as well. That will upgrade the bigs.
And just who are Zizic and Yabasule, and why should I be happy they are coming? ;)

We deserve this.

And just who are Zizic and Yabasule, and why should I be happy they are coming? ;)
Both are guys they had stashed overseas. Zizic is a 7 foot rebounder who can play some defense and has a decent low post game. Yabasule is more of a power forward who can also shoot the 3.

So who do they take?

Edit to note that I know very little about BB and like Hockey watch it during the playoffs or a big game during the season.
100% Fultz. To trade the pick would be a massive mistake. Sign a forward (Hayward), bring up Zizic/Yabs and possibly sign another big man.

Who out there is worth trading the pick for? I would take Anthony Davis for #1 and some other assets but I don't see it happening. Guys like Butler and George in their late 20s are not nearly as valuable as a 18-19 year old future franchise player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes