PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: My mother is doing better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers sent. Truly hope they figure this out. There's only one mom and it sounds like you got a winner. God bless her.

Just in time for the holidays. Ever since we got her back after the internal bleeding, she's felt bloated and weak, come to find out that she WAS bloated and weak. Something is filling Mom's abdomen with fluid to the point that she has needed 02 at a couple points because it gets hard to breathe.

No idea what's causing this, but they've already tried draining her system once, took out 5 liters of whatever the hell this stuff is, and the fluid buildup keeps coming back.

And she still managed to do hand drawn Chrismas cards. I have no idea how. but she could really use some prayers that the doctors can figure out what's causing this problem and shut it down.

I’m very sorry that you and your family are going through this, especially around the holidays.

The fluid is called ascites and it can be a complication of many conditions. I don’t want to speculate what is causing the ascites in your mother’s case in a public forum, especially without more information. Determining the etiology is usually not difficult, using the combination of an imaging study (most of often a CT scan) and a simple analysis of the fluid.

Hang in there. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery and return home.

Sending positive thoughts for your mum!

Keep pressure up on the doctors, never assume they know what they are doing, get 2nd, 3rd opinions where possible.

A surgeon almost killed my Dad a few years back on a routine op - sliced open his bowel by accident, wouldn't admit the possibility of error - it was only the fact that my sister is a nurse at the same hospital that got my Dad a 2nd opinion - and he was rushed in for emergency surgery.

All the best.

Her name is Carol A. Peterson. Mine, which I've shared before here, is George A. Peterson.

There, now you can steal my identity and take all my college debt for yourself

She's an incredible mother and has been the backbone of our family for as long as it existed.

You’re all in my prayers. Congrats on being 4th in rushing TDs.

Your mom and your family are in my prayers. May God's blessings envelop you all.

Wishing your Mom, Carol a speedy resolution to this ailment and return to good health. Thoughts with you guys.

Sorry to hear shes back in, shes in good hands though don’t worry. Ill be saying a prayer for Carol.

Best wishes and prayers to your mother and your family.

God speed in her recovery. Blessings sent to her and your family.

Sending out heartfelt strong wishes to you and your mom, Simpleton!!!!!!

George no offense but Sammy is also dealing with tough health situation himself...that was a bit harsh my friend ....in my experience....having a persons name in prayer circles is more PERSONAL, effective and sincere....and can be repeated weekly....prayers to you and mom
Sorry, I forget that my unique brand of humor doesn't come through in text sometimes

And I know Sammy's battling cancer. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to your Mom for a speedy recovery.

Prayers for your Mom and your family.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and also for your mother. Spend some quality time with her- you only have one mother.

Wishing mom a speedy recovery. Spend as much time as you can with her.

I lost my mom last month. She was a very healthy and active person but fell sick and died within 10 days. I flew half way around the world to see her but she couldn't see or talk to me. She didn't even know I was there. She passed away the very next day. She is the one that holds our family together and I can't say how much we miss her. I am still unable to process that she isn't there for us. I just wish I had spent more time with her.

I feel your pain and will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hope mom will get healthy and be back home soon. We all look forward to hearing a positive update from you soon.

Last edited:
Her name is Carol A. Peterson. Mine, which I've shared before here, is George A. Peterson.

There, now you can steal my identity and take all my college debt for yourself

She's an incredible mother and has been the backbone of our family for as long as it existed.
She's raised a son that knows right from wrong, that's clear from you rocking a JEST meme.

I wish her much healing in her near future!

Sorry to hear that. Your family is in my thoughts. Wishing your mom a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back