PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MrsPFnV has passed away

Sorry for your loss. I am not sure anything I can write would provide much comfort, but I have been through the loss of close love ones several times. So I have an idea what you are going through. Hang in there and focus on the good times you had with your wife and try to move past focusing on the times she was sick.
She bore so much with so much grace, and tried so hard to make it easy to be the caregiver, that looking back that's what I see from the illness. The magical part of a passing, I guess, is that I think we naturally look back at the good things. I watched an illness take her body but I watched her fight for and keep her mind the entire time. I don't want to romanticize it. She had a cruel (but really common) disease but she looked it in the eye, dictated her terms, and left on those terms. They say the last thing to go is your hearing... I tried to make sure she heard "I love you" as much as possible to the end. When I'm not being a big boo-hoo on a message board, I think I'll romanticize that part. Part of me thinks she's reading over my shoulder and laughing at my over-writing.

So I guess as relates to her being sick, I'll remember it, but I am sure the inner editor will "push away the unimaginable" and I'll mainly have good times left (unless I get morose and go looking for the horror. I think I'll try not to.)

I'm very sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed chatting with her in the political forum. I'm sure she looked up Harry Boy and the two of them are mixing it up as we speak.

Peace to you and your family.

Just saw this... so sorry for your loss, my good man.

May the good Lord rest her and keep her, and comfort all those who love and mourn her.

So sorry Mr. P. I enjoyed her and respected her debates as well as her passion for helping people with her job in health care. She helped me change my mind on more than a few thing we discussed. This news makes me miss her.

So sorry for your loss, your family is in my prayers

Some of you got to know MrsPFnV through the old PoFo, or just around the boards until a few years ago. She passed away yesterday morning after a long illness. She always looked for the best in all of us. She'd deny it, but she was the best of us. For those who remember her, let her memory be a blessing.
So sad to hear this PFIV, i remember her well from the days of the political forum. My sincerest condolence

Some of you got to know MrsPFnV through the old PoFo, or just around the boards until a few years ago. She passed away yesterday morning after a long illness. She always looked for the best in all of us. She'd deny it, but she was the best of us. For those who remember her, let her memory be a blessing.

Oh man I'm so sorry. :-(

I wasn't one to do the political forum much , but I knew she had a great following. Maybe, just maybe, given how politics sometimes bleeds into football side, Ian might wand to reopen the old one to give a place where that kind of talk can go to. And Maybe, just maybe, we could name it after your wife, and hold ourselves to HER standard of discourse,

Condolences, been there. It ain't easy, In December it will be 43 years ago, and it still hurts at times. But it does get better.

Sorry for your loss, PFIV. May she be in God's rest and protection. May He give you comfort.

I wasn't one to do the political forum much , but I knew she had a great following. Maybe, just maybe, given how politics sometimes bleeds into football side, Ian might wand to reopen the old one to give a place where that kind of talk can go to. And Maybe, just maybe, we could name it after your wife, and hold ourselves to HER standard of discourse,

Condolences, been there. It ain't easy, In December it will be 43 years ago, and it still hurts at times. But it does get better.
I could not impose those naming rights on her memory LOL... it would be a hopeful gesture, but my God, what an invitation to make fun of the dead. Plus, I couldn't stay away if they reopened it, and the types that pull that stuff would be explaining all about how only one side gets banned because of the other side's departed wife LOL... come on man

Very sorry for your loss. My wife and I send our condolences to you and your family during this tough time..

Very sorry to hear this news, my condolences PFIV. She was a force in the political forum but never crossed the line. She had her convictions and arguments to back it up and stuck to that. I have no doubt that she was a great person outside of this forum as well. Rest in peace.

I could not impose those naming rights on her memory LOL... it would be a hopeful gesture, but my God, what an invitation to make fun of the dead. Plus, I couldn't stay away if they reopened it, and the types that pull that stuff would be explaining all about how only one side gets banned because of the other side's departed wife LOL... come on man
Well it was just a thought......one that clearly wasn't thought through. But I miss a good politics discussion sometimes.

James Woods the actor, before his mother passed, was a frequent visitor to Foxwoods, and he and I couldn't have been FURTHER apart politically.....on the surface at least. But because we both were fair mined we often found many more areas of agreement and usually left our discussions closer together than when we started.

That is what GOOD political discussion is SUPPOSED to do. But that assumes facts have a place in the discussion. It assumes people are willing to listen. When I saw Shows' quote from the Federalist papers, I could have summarily dismissed it as either BS or propaganda. But what he posted made me curious. When I looked up #46, I had no idea that the ACTUAL quote would support my position, not his. But I was willing to give him credit for his position and and at least look it UP.

AND it gave me a chance to get "in front of a "class" again. At any rate that is the way your wife approached it, IIRC. The guy who yells the loudest rarely has the correct opinion on ANYTHING.

Hope this distracted you, for a few minutes.

Is it me or is it dusty in here today?

Ave atque vale, Mrs. PFinV.

My deepest condolenences, to you @PatsFanInVa

I took care of my wife 2019-2022 through kidney failure, then cancer, dialysis, and 6 surgeries in 13 months. Not fun.

But she came through it, getting a transplant last January. I can't imagine enduring all of that and losing her on top of it.

Raising a glass to her right now. She was smart. And the epitome of what I would call being "curious, not judgmental".

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That's soul ripping, man...

I used to hate myself enough to spend time in PoFo, especially in the offseason, but she was always a very bright spot there. She may not have always agreed with me on the issues, but I felt on a personal level we got along swimmingly. How could it be otherwise? She was a gem of a person, gracious and kind, and not afraid of a good, long discussion on whatever. She definitely lives on in the memories of many here, including me.

Definitely will raise a glass for her.

Well it was just a thought......one that clearly wasn't thought through. But I miss a good politics discussion sometimes.

James Woods the actor, before his mother passed, was a frequent visitor to Foxwoods, and he and I couldn't have been FURTHER apart politically.....on the surface at least. But because we both were fair mined we often found many more areas of agreement and usually left our discussions closer together than when we started.

That is what GOOD political discussion is SUPPOSED to do. But that assumes facts have a place in the discussion. It assumes people are willing to listen. When I saw Shows' quote from the Federalist papers, I could have summarily dismissed it as either BS or propaganda. But what he posted made me curious. When I looked up #46, I had no idea that the ACTUAL quote would support my position, not his. But I was willing to give him credit for his position and and at least look it UP.

AND it gave me a chance to get "in front of a "class" again. At any rate that is the way your wife approached it, IIRC. The guy who yells the loudest rarely has the correct opinion on ANYTHING.

Hope this distracted you, for a few minutes.
It's all good. I am so proud of her for the many, many people who could enjoy exactly what you describe because of her fairness, and kindness, and intellect, and amazing perseverance. And your idea is so complimentary of her, but you know how it goes.

If I ever saw her gloat when she won, I can't remember it. She probably should have been a teacher, but then all the people she helped on ambulance calls or in ERs would have been SOL.

My condolences sir.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back