PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: More Bad News For Buffalo

No it isn't... Unless you like watching whiny, entitled, jumpy punk f/maggots wearing "no contact" jerseys flip-off the spirit of the game because chicks dig the long ball dontcha know...
**** Mahomes. Brady 2-0 vs him in postseason

I don't think losing Crowder will make any difference and Shakir is one of the reasons why. I also liked him in the draft, Buffalo probably got a steal with him in the 5th round. Buffalo is pretty well stacked at WR... Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir... they'll be fine, especially considering their quarterback.
There is zero evidence thus far to support this.

Last edited:
WR’s didn’t make Brady. Brady made WR’s.

WR’s don’t make Allen. Allen makes WR’s.

To be honest, Crowder barely played. It was a little surprising how little we used him.

Yep, 1 catch for 13 yards on 3 targets (he is my FF flex) and he dropped the 2 incompletions. Production like that would get him run out of town by this board if he was a Patriot.

You know he’s hurt… right?

To be honest, Crowder barely played. It was a little surprising how little we used him.
Uh, Brady had some pretty sketchy years without WRs. 2019 is one. I get your point about top QBs making WRs look good, but then there are times when the whole team suffers when WRs don't pan out.

Guys like Welker, Amendola, Edelman, Moss, Cooks, can play with many other QBs. Brady made Reche Caldwell and Chris Hogan look better than they did anywhere else. Brandon LaFell looked good too.

But we had years where even Brady couldn't make egg salad out of the bad eggs.

Josh Allen got Diggs and suddenly become a superstar.

There is zero evidence thus far to support this

I don't think losing Crowder will make any difference and Shakir is one of the reasons why. I also liked him in the draft, Buffalo probably got a steal with him in the 5th round. Buffalo is pretty well stacked at WR... Diggs, Davis, McKenzie, Shakir... they'll be fine, especially considering their quarterback.
Ya Shakir is apparently pretty good. They used him for first time last game and he made some plays. I imagine he'll get even more playing time now. I think he's a slot guy anyway. Crowder was their 5th receiver I believe so I doubt they'll miss him much.

Let's pull that over-hype bus over to the side of fanboy turnpike, shall we?

Allen is unquestionably a top 3 QB in football. He has had Diggs in his 1+ exceptional years of QB play. When exactly has he overcome a bad WR core to warrant the description above? I'll wait until he actually wins a Super Bowl much less make one before any comparisons with Brady move from really stupid to just plain stupid.

Allen may even be the best QB right now. Even recent NFL history has shown QB's who had seasons like Allen then gave way to the next big thing. I don't think that will happen to Allen, to be honest. But let's see what happens. His accomplishments thus far haven't earned him the title of "Maker of WR's"

Let's pull that over-hype bus over to the side of fanboy turnpike, shall we?

Allen is unquestionably a top 3 QB in football. He has had Diggs in his 1+ exceptional years of QB play. When exactly has he overcome a bad WR core to warrant the description above? I'll wait until he actually wins a Super Bowl much less make one before any comparisons with Brady move from really stupid to just plain stupid.

Allen may even be the best QB right now. Even recent NFL history has shown QB's who had seasons like Allen then gave way to the next big thing. I don't think that will happen to Allen, to be honest. But let's see what happens. His accomplishments thus far haven't earned him the title of "Maker of WR's"
I really have no idea what you’re responding to here

I really have no idea what you’re responding to here

I quoted what I was responding to.

In my opinion, the statement and comparison made about Josh Allen is unfounded and premature.

Ya Shakir is apparently pretty good. They used him for first time last game and he made some plays. I imagine he'll get even more playing time now. I think he's a slot guy anyway. Crowder was their 5th receiver I believe so I doubt they'll miss him much.

2 catches for 23 yds is not exactly an impact performance. My original point still stands, that at this point there is no evidence to indicate that he is going to be “a steal”. That may change with time but if Bill had drafted him I can guarantee that wouldn’t be such optimism about him.

The first three WRs taken in the draft all look pretty damn good so far... London, Wilson and Olave. Jameson Williams will be a stud. The 5th WR taken, Dotson, has also been very good. I'm keeping my eye on Pickens, Pierce and Moore who were all taken shortly after Thornton in the 2nd round. Moore's playing time has been limited so far. Pierce is averaging 20 yards per reception over the last two weeks. Pickens has been productive considering the WR depth in Pittsburgh and the lousy quarterbacking. Shakir is worth keeping an eye on too, I can see his usage going up in that explosive offense.

Obviously it's not a good sign that Thornton, with his skinny frame, got injured with the very first hard tackle he took. He'll be way behind much of the WR rookie class by the time he gets back on the field (with probably a limited role).

The first three WRs taken in the draft all look pretty damn good so far... London, Wilson and Olave. Jameson Williams will be a stud. The 5th WR taken, Dotson, has also been very good. I'm keeping my eye on Pickens, Pierce and Moore who were all taken shortly after Thornton in the 2nd round. Moore's playing time has been limited so far. Pierce is averaging 20 yards per reception over the last two weeks. Pickens has been productive considering the WR depth in Pittsburgh and the lousy quarterbacking. Shakir is worth keeping an eye on too, I can see his usage going up in that explosive offense.

Obviously it's not a good sign that Thornton, with his skinny frame, got injured with the very first hard tackle he took. He'll be way behind much of the WR rookie class by the time he gets back on the field (with probably a limited role).
Ya and it wasn't supposed to be a great draft for WR's. I think Pickens has a chance to be really good if Pickett is the real deal. Olave looks really good as well. He's leading all rookie receivers in yards early on.

I can't wait to see Williams when he's healthy and ready to play. He's a game changer for sure.

2 catches for 23 yds is not exactly an impact performance. My original point still stands, that at this point there is no evidence to indicate that he is going to be “a steal”. That may change with time but if Bill had drafted him I can guarantee that wouldn’t be such optimism about him.
I said he made some plays and he did. He had a great catch at the sideline and kept his feet in bounds for a big first down. He only had two targets and made the most of them. I'm sure once Allen trusts him more, he'll get more opportunities. He's gonna be a good player.

*Coughs* the Jets look like they have good one in Garrett Wilson.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back