PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Mookie Betts seen feeding homeless at 1am after WS Game2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a likeable player and what a likeable team.

Betts lauded for feeding homeless after Game 2

Hours after winning Game2, Betts seen quietly unassumedly feeding the homeless at 1am in Boston. Love this dude.

I work in that area all the time & it's unbelievable how many homeless people live in that one area. Sometimes you'll see 30-40 people sleeping right out in front. Mookie seems like a great dude, good for him.

What irks me most are those people whoseem to want face time or great PR whenever they do something "charitable". Betts isn't one of them, thankfully. He does it the right way: By seeing a need and filling it as best he can. Quietly, unassumingly.

I have volunteered at our local soup kitchen. I just do it when I can. However, no matter how often we ask for help, it never gets a response UNTIL Thanksgiving, or Christmas, etc. Then folks come out of the woodwork to volunteer. I hate those types, but it is whatitis.

Kudos and many thanks to Mookie Betts for his efforts.

Very impressive gesture(s) for Mookie, perhaps it can be contagious for other players to be part of this unassuming effort...

What irks me most are those people whoseem to want face time or great PR whenever they do something "charitable". Betts isn't one of them, thankfully. He does it the right way: By seeing a need and filling it as best he can. Quietly, unassumingly.

I have volunteered at our local soup kitchen. I just do it when I can. However, no matter how often we ask for help, it never gets a response UNTIL Thanksgiving, or Christmas, etc. Then folks come out of the woodwork to volunteer. I hate those types, but it is whatitis.

Kudos and many thanks to Mookie Betts for his efforts.

“So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”
- some guy

Amazing how many people hear this constantly but don’t seem to understand it. Personally I need to do a far better job in everything, including the praise aspect. Glad that Mookie seems to be both on the right path in general, and understands and lives this particular message.

Good job, Mr. Betts. Hopefully we're looking at the face of our franchise for the next 10+ years, great to know that face has a good heart behind it.

Seems like a really great kid. Huge part of the Red Sox puzzle with his abilities, but every interview I have seen and stuff like this makes him look to be very much the sort of "actions speak louder than words" guy you want in any sport.

Also he hits home runs, fields his position as good as any, and can bowl a perfect game.

Nice story. I cringe at the thought of some of the anti baseball posters reacting. :eek:

The amazing people do it without the need for cameras around them while they do it.

Kudos to Mookie.

Time for Mookie to get a leadoff homer.

This is not the first time Betts has done a similar good deed for a hungry stranger. In 2015, he told NESN that he and catcher Blake Swihart gave pizza to a homeless man in New York City, an act of kindness that Betts credited for his subsequent two-home run game against the Yankees.

''Me and Blake, yesterday, we got to eat, and had [a piece of pizza] left and he said the night before, he had given it to a homeless guy and he hit two home runs,'' Betts said. ''So I had a pizza. So I gave it to a homeless guy and hit two home runs, so maybe, pass it on to the next person.''

It takes a supernatural force for Swihart to be able to get two hits never mind two homers. So there's definitely something there.

Nice. Another thread that has nothing to do with the Patriots, let alone football.

Nice. Another thread that has nothing to do with the Patriots, let alone football.
p_101528432.jpg

You’re avatar is some random man holding a baseball bat. Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back