PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Monday Night Football - Giants at Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were Parcells I would put T.O. in at QB ... let him face the music.

The Parcells press conference might be the most entertaining part of the night. I'm sure ESPN news or NFL network will carry it.

PatsRI said:
Or teams will gameplan for him and really expose his flaws.

yeah, that may be true, but I still think Romo gives Dallas a better chance at winning than Drew will. Romo's mobility prevented several sacks when he was in, whereas if Drew was in, the Giants could be having a 10 sack night.

edgecy said:
yeah, that may be true, but I still think Romo gives Dallas a better chance at winning than Drew will. Romo's mobility prevented several sacks when he was in, whereas if Drew was in, the Giants could be having a 10 sack night.
I think their screwed either way. Add TO to the mix of Parcells and JJones, an unproven QB and it could get ugly.

Last edited:
"They outcoached us"? From Parcells? Didn't he once ream a reporter saying "that's a dumbass question" because he asked if Parcells outcoached Pete Carroll.

Well he won't answer the question and commit tonight, but on a short week he has to make his decision by tomorrow. Tougher on Drew than Romo, as he should be. Said Drew made too many mistakes and too much improvision. Guess that goal line INT occurred on a play designed to go to the other side...yeesh. That's the gunslinger who can't think quickly on his feet with clarity and he overthinks himself into a mistake.

People ***** when Tommy throws it away...that's the smart money move unless there is a safe play to be made. That's why he grabbed his head and hung his head on the TD to Gabriel - his WR bailed him out (as they should once in a while). He'll have a brain fart every once in a blue moon - for Drew it's always been once or twice a game, minimum.

Will be interesting to see or hear Drew's reaction. He looked crushed for most of the second half, but was starting to look pissed towards the end.

Parcell's has a real mess on his hands.

Strahan - what a maroon - we are talented but tonight we played up to it. LOL That is why they will never win a championship. He says they've gone from being labled hapless to being a good team in two weeks. Thinks tonight was a statement game. Yeah, you fool, the statement was Dallas doesn't have a QB (and I'm not so sure you do either).

MoLewisrocks said:
Well he won't answer the question and commit tonight, but on a short week he has to make his decision by tomorrow. Tougher on Drew than Romo, as he should be. Said Drew made too many mistakes and too much improvision. Guess that goal line INT occurred on a play designed to go to the other side...yeesh. That's the gunslinger who can't think quickly on his feet with clarity and he overthinks himself into a mistake.

People ***** when Tommy throws it away...that's the smart money move unless there is a safe play to be made. That's why he grabbed his head and hung his head on the TD to Gabriel - his WR bailed him out (as they should once in a while). He'll have a brain fart every once in a blue moon - for Drew it's always been once or twice a game, minimum.

Will be interesting to see or hear Drew's reaction. He looked crushed for most of the second half, but was starting to look pissed towards the end.

Parcell's has a real mess on his hands.

Strahan - what a maroon - we are talented but tonight we played up to it. LOL That is why they will never win a championship. He says they've gone from being labled hapless to being a good team in two weeks. Thinks tonight was a statement game. Yeah, you fool, the statement was Dallas doesn't have a QB (and I'm not so sure you do either).

Terry Glenn is the receiver Bledsoe is most comfortable with and he had one on one coverage. The DB jumped the route, which happens. Sometimes it works for the quarterback and sometimes it works for the DB. Ask Donovan McNabb about it, since it happened to him twice this past week and both went for touchdowns. And, it's funny, but I noticed Romo getting picked and sacked more than apples from a tree tree. He was sacked twice and had to run to avoid several others, on top of 3 picks which could easily have been 6 given how often the Giants were right around the ball on his throws.

This loss is on Parcells. Of all the stupid moves you can make, pulling your quarterback at the half like that when you're within a touchdown is right up at the top. Bledsoe was sacked 4 times in the first half and 3 of them were with players completely untouched. Instead of spending money on Owens, this team should have signed an offensive lineman who can pass protect.

Or, as Strahan Put it:

"I thought after the last few weeks, and the way we rushed the passer, they would've protected a little bit more than they did in the first half. I'm glad they didn't,"

Deus Irae said:
Terry Glenn is the receiver Bledsoe is most comfortable with and he had one on one coverage. The DB jumped the route, which happens. Sometimes it works for the quarterback and sometimes it works for the DB. Ask Donovan McNabb about it, since it happened to him twice this past week and both went for touchdowns. And, it's funny, but I noticed Romo getting picked and sacked more than apples from a tree tree. He was sacked twice and had to run to avoid several others, on top of 3 picks which could easily have been 6 given how often the Giants were right around the ball on his throws.

This loss is on Parcells. Of all the stupid moves you can make, pulling your quarterback at the half like that when you're within a touchdown is right up at the top. Bledsoe was sacked 4 times in the first half and 3 of them were with players completely untouched. Instead of spending money on Owens, this team should have signed an offensive lineman who can pass protect.

Or, as Strahan Put it:
Parcells probably thought pulling Drew was gonna be something like when Drew went down when he was with the Pats and Tom came in to make it a good game against the Jets and we all know what happened from there...This time having Drew on the sidelines,injury or not is not gonna bring out a Brady type guy in Romo,His interception pass at the 15 at the end of the game was as bad and almost exactly as Drew's against Philly - Lets face it,Dallas has no championship caliber Quarterback-PERIOD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes