PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Monday Night Football - Giants at Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyisGod

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
For those who want to discuss...

Annoying note of the day, why do they constantly make excuses for Eli? Every time they talk about Eli it's "he's only in his 25th start". Tonight they said, "please remember that this is only Eli's 31st start"

Pretty soon, you can't use that anymore.

Well it was cool to see we made it on jacked up except for the one where Brady was getting hit. I didn't see many highlights of our game, which supports the idea in another thread about how the media views the Pats as boring.

BradyisGod said:
For those who want to discuss...

Annoying note of the day, why do they constantly make excuses for Eli? Every time they talk about Eli it's "he's only in his 25th start". Tonight they said, "please remember that this is only Eli's 31st start"

Pretty soon, you can't use that anymore.

They are still making excuses for his horse faced brother, what do you expect? :D

Nice play by Burress on that ball, he continues to make Manning look great on those hail marys.

I don't like either Manning, but that TD was impressive. Moving out of the pocket to avoid the rush and then Burress plucks the ball out of the air with heavy coverage.

Well old Eli is trying reverse psychology on them tonight. Tuna is likely pissed - he thought Drew or TO was his problem...instead it's Eli and the zebras.

Why can't we get WR's like Plexiglass - oh wait, I remember. For every one of those there are several that make you want to punch him instead of hug him.

anyone else glad that the pats play only one monday night game...this coverage by ESPN is annoying and takes such a long time to start the damn game itself...seems its gone worse once it moved from abc..

MoLewisrocks said:
Why can't we get WR's like Plexiglass - oh wait, I remember. For every one of those there are several that make you want to punch him instead of hug him.

Well those are the type of balls that Chad Jackson should be catching, hopefully without all of the drops that Plex mixes in.

I don't like the espn coverage either. I like Tony K., but his work on MNF is terrible. The devil analogy and comparison to TO was overly dramatic.

tiki barber now talking about manning's maturity...this sh**t never ends yr after yr...same as vick...maturing maturing

Hey where can i watch this game through the internet?
is there a site that is playing this on internet tv?

Not that we need another running back, but Tiki would be a good Patriot. Classy and a hard worker. If we needed him, BB could make another call and see if he wants out of retirement for a SB. As for Tiki backing Manning, what do you expect him to say? Bash his team like TO?

Krazy Koz said:
I don't like the espn coverage either. I like Tony K., but his work on MNF is terrible. The devil analogy and comparison to TO was overly dramatic.
i think all 3 are bad..theismann never stops talking, Tony K just says its good for his fantasy team, asks dumb questions like what can be done if a refree interferes with a the play...reminds me of those international nfl broadcasts where every thing is explained like a teaching tool..tirico just trys to play along with ESPN to promote the hype.
say what you want about al michaels and madden, they were still bearable...

Krazy Koz said:
Not that we need another running back, but Tiki would be a good Patriot. Classy and a hard worker. If we needed him, BB could make another call and see if he wants out of retirement for a SB. As for Tiki backing Manning, what do you expect him to say? Bash his team like TO?
iam not talking about tiki backing up manning, just the overall coverage of the game is hyped around eli manning and how he has "matured"...its expected from ESPN.. but still annoying...

Oh the irony - the horse collar rule is also known as the "Roy Williams" rule. Funny how the officials completely failed to call that penalty on Williams' tackle of Barber. You can't find a more textbook example of the horse collar than that.

Get rid of the rule or enforce it.

ok compared to the cowboys, we have the greatest Oline in the history of the NFL.

Couple of observations:

Eli is as mature as Tiki is successful on the ground. Two mistakes so far but the Cowboys can't capitalize. Now a sack. Loved that line about how he and Plex spend Friday's together working on their game and improvising some stuff maybe they can use in games. BB would love that. It's lack of discipline and consistency that will bite you in the ass every time.

Poor Drew is getting killed before he does much of anything to deserve it. Not that he wouldn't do it, just he's getting jumped out of the gate tonight. They said in the pre show that Tuna was now saying Romo is now as ready as a guy could be.

I feel tonight like I will next week when Indy meets Denver. Wish there was a way both teams could lose.

desi-patsfan said:
ok compared to the cowboys, we have the greatest Oline in the history of the NFL.
i always felt O line is about coaching adjustment which the pats are the best at with dante...it surprises me all these coaches and analysts keep blaming the offensive line like arizona and dallas and yet there are no adjustsments ..every team cant have 7 elite o linemen and the pats are one of the teams which realize that....the pats panthers SB was a great example where they rolled out brady to help the o line a few times

MoLewisrocks said:
Couple of observations:

Eli is as mature as Tiki is successful on the ground.

So are you saying that Eli is mature? becasue Tiki is doing pretty well on the ground, 4.8 per carry.

poor bledsoe..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots