PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Mike Trout baseball card sells for 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gonna buy it Upper Crust? How bout dropping $20 on the forum before you do.

Evidently Ian hit the lottery and supporting the site is "Totally unnecessary"

then contribute to ol' Unca Joe Kerr's retirement and nursing home fund....:excited:

12 year old me thought a ton of 86 Donruss Jose Cansecos were going to pay for my college education....

12 year old me thought a ton of 86 Donruss Jose Cansecos were going to pay for my college education....
You can probably use them to cut some lines though.

I grew up in the Pittsburgh area until my family moved to upstate NY when I was 12. A neighbor had given us the original cornerstone from Forbes Field, the Pirates stadium before Three Rivers. It was over three feet tall and weighed over 50 pounds. It had Forbes Field 1909 amongst some other info engraved on it. I begged my parents to bring it with us but I was shot down as it weighed to much, so we left it. I wonder what it would be worth today...

I grew up in the Pittsburgh area until my family moved to upstate NY when I was 12. A neighbor had given us the original cornerstone from Forbes Field, the Pirates stadium before Three Rivers. It was over three feet tall and weighed over 50 pounds. It had Forbes Field 1909 amongst some other info engraved on it. I begged my parents to bring it with us but I was shot down as it weighed to much, so we left it. I wonder what it would be worth today...
1909 Pittsburgh Pirates "Cornerstone"

I have 3 or 4 89 upper deck Griffey Jr rookie cards. Two of them look flawless to me but with professional grading you never know. When I got out of the card collecting hobby there was no professional grading, now grading is a business unto itself

I have 3 or 4 89 upper deck Griffey Jr rookie cards. Two of them look flawless to me but with professional grading you never know. When I got out of the card collecting hobby there was no professional grading, now grading is a business unto itself

You can send them in (psa, for example) for grading and restrict it to a minimum grade. if it doesn’t meet the minimum grade you request, they’ll send it back to you ungraded....

"Mike Trout’s the best modern-day baseball player that we’ve ever seen. We’ll probably never see another player like this again."

In his 9 seasons, he has led his team to playoffs once and helped lead his team to a record of 742-716.

So MLB defines the "best modern-day baseball player" as the player with the most MVP awards? Is that how it works now?
That's pretty much how it has always worked in baseball because baseball is a sport where one single superstar has much less of an impact on his team's fortunes than, say, a basketball player would.

Mike Trout is far and away the best player in baseball over the past decade. His current career trajectory could result in him being mentioned among the best of all time. The fact that the rest of his team sucks does nothing to change that.

that’s why i said “listed”...
Yes, and "listed" is a completely worthless concept. I have a Brady card worth about $5,000. I could go list it right now for $4 million if I wanted to.

Yes, and "listed" is a completely worthless concept. I have a Brady card worth about $5,000. I could go list it right now for $4 million if I wanted to.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove here...we all know the difference between listed and sold. The fact that there are 647 watchers of that particular card on ebay tells me that it is generating a ton of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back