PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link OT: Metcalf’s tackle vs Ben Watson’s

Links to cool things
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metcalf’s was really good but Watson’s was just something else. He came ACROSS the entire field as well. There is an angle that shows his whole route to Bailey. I think Metcalf ran a straight line.
Not to mention Champ Bailey is faster than Budda Baker. And Watson is not as fast as Metcalf. :oops:

Yep, Metcalf’s effort was incredible! However, Watson’s was more impressive (bias aside), due to the fact that he’s a larger player AND he ran across the field AND he caught Champ Bailey who I’m sure was faster than Baker. I was just schooling my younger brother about this last night. Just MHO..

Not to mention Champ Bailey is faster than Budda Baker. And Watson is not as fast as Metcalf. :oops:
I still have no idea how Watson didn’t run out of gas. 255 pounds in that Denver air running from the opposite end zone horizontally across the field. Not to mention 99% of players would have not even put in the effort considering how far away he was and the fact that Bailey was one of the fastest players in the league.

It was an incredible play. A 14 point swing nullified when Arizona couldn’t even score off the turnover.

What was imprressive is how he was able to track him down so early. That was power mixed with speed.

Watson was incredible because it was Champ Bailey who also had 4.3 speed. Everyone who watched the game except Denver fans know that was a Touchback.

1603728581332.png
According to an article that calculated the Watson and Bailey distances run:
Watson ran 99-102 yds
Baily ran 100-102 yds

Yep, Metcalf’s effort was incredible! However, Watson’s was more impressive (bias aside), due to the fact that he’s a larger player AND he ran across the field AND he caught Champ Bailey who I’m sure was faster than Baker. I was just schooling my younger brother about this last night. Just MHO..
Metcalf reached Baker with 10 yds to spare
Bailey let up with 10 yds to go
Watson and Bailey essentially ran same distance (see earlier post [102 yds each])
Metcalf (89 yds) and Baker (88 yds) essentially ran same distance as well(both started at 2, Metcalf was 10 yds away at the 2)

I don't care about who was faster or ran farther. He easily could have jogged or gave a half hearted effort and no one would have noticed or said a thing. Instead he showed heart to go along with his tremendous amount of athleticism and took off in a full on sprint to help his team. Wide receiver is a lot of times a diva position but everything I have seen or read about Metcalf he is an all around good guy off the field as well. As hard as it is to root for him knowing what could have been here I still cant help but root for him as he is so much fun to watch.

I don't care about who was faster or ran farther. He easily could have jogged or gave a half hearted effort and no one would have noticed or said a thing. Instead he showed heart to go along with his tremendous amount of athleticism and took off in a full on sprint to help his team. Wide receiver is a lot of times a diva position but everything I have seen or read about Metcalf he is an all around good guy off the field as well. As hard as it is to root for him knowing what could have been here I still cant help but root for him as he is so much fun to watch.
And he could have been a Patriot :(

I still toss and turn in my sleep mumbling "that was a touchback"

This just makes me more mad that we took Harry. Rough Monday to say the least.

Saw this pop up on Twitter and figured I’d share it. Still a tremendous effort by Watson looking back all these years later.

What makes Watson's even better is the amount of ground he had to make up. Might never see that again. And he got the ball back to his team (even though the NFL didn't allow it.).

I'm still taking Watson

Watson's play had a higher highlight payoff in the hit caught Champ Bailey COMPLETELY by surprise to the point where he had already 'let up and was celebrating his soon-to-be TD.'

Metcalf's play had a higher game payoff in that it actually saved points (Cardinals had a failed 4th down attempt).

Watson's play had a higher highlight payoff in the hit caught Champ Bailey COMPLETELY by surprise to the point where he had already 'let up and was celebrating his soon-to-be TD.'

Metcalf's play had a higher game payoff in that it actually saved points (Cardinals had a failed 4th down attempt).
Watson's play was also a points saving play. The refs just refused to call it correctly.

Watson play was simply incredible...one of the best ever...but i have to admit Metcalf was really good too...he is a fantastic playier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back