PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Matt Ryan

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Not that he has a strong HoF case anyway but I can’t imagine being on a crap team the last few years is helping his case much.

He sucks and is a reason they’re a crap team. If the first read isn’t there, it’s painful to watch him. Any time he pump fakes or moves in the pocket, you know a sack or INT is there. The Patriots have a lights out defense, but he didn’t help himself either. Just throw it away.

He is a talented quarterback that is clearly washed up at this point in time. Never a hof even if he had won the superbowl. He is done but who would want to walk away from that kind of money?

He sucks and is a reason they’re a crap team. If the first read isn’t there, it’s painful to watch him. Any time he pump fakes or moves in the pocket, you know a sack or INT is there. The Patriots have a lights out defense, but he didn’t help himself either. Just throw it away.
He's good enough not to cut him but not good enough not to cut him...if the make sense.

He’s had a better career than Eli Manning other than Manning’s two super bowls. I know it’s hard to separate Manning from two throws in those two big games, but other than that I would confidently say Matt Ryan has had the better career and is more hof worthy.

as a side note I really hope Manning doesn’t get in. He would be the modern joe Namith. Getting into the hof despite a mediocre overall talent and career

Last edited:
Sadly for Matt, his legacy won't be yards or touchdowns, it will be blowing a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl. The sack he took to push them out of field goal range killed him and the team mentally. They've never recovered as a group of players or a franchise.

Ryan looks injured and defeated a shell of him former self.. after 14 years he has been durable, but over 100 sacks in the past three years takes its toll on a team that has had more "misses" than "hits".

Sadly for Matt, his legacy won't be yards or touchdowns, it will be blowing a 28-3 lead in the Superbowl. The sack he took to push them out of field goal range killed him and the team mentally. They've never recovered as a group of players or a franchise.

Yeah, that was a series of plays where he didn't step forward and take charge, and should have. The Atlanta coaches were actively blowing that game with bad play calling and a veteran QB should have redirected it.

Other than that, he had a very good game, if QB rating is a measure at all.

Yeah, that was a series of plays where he didn't step forward and take charge, and should have. The Atlanta coaches were actively blowing that game with bad play calling and a veteran QB should have redirected it.
The ridiculous catch by Jones should have nailed our coffin shut. Some safe plays and kick a FG. Game probably over. The penalty was bad enough but the sack was dumb piling on top of dumb. Just horrible.

He’s 8th all time in TDS and passing yards. He’ll make the HOF even though he doesn’t deserve it.

He’s had a better career than Eli Manning other than Manning’s two super bowls. I know it’s hard to separate Manning from two throws in those two big games, but other than that I would confidently say Matt Ryan has had the better career and is more hof worthy.

as a side note I really hope Manning doesn’t get in. He would be the modern joe Naismith. Getting into the hof despite a mediocre overall talent and career
Joe Naismith ?

He’s 8th all time in TDS and passing yards. He’ll make the HOF even though he doesn’t deserve it.
I've not paid much attention to the HOF over the years. However, I used to think it was for absolute legends of the game. Nowadays it seems to be opening up to players with decent stats and no rings. Seems wrong.

as a side note I really hope Manning doesn’t get in. He would be the modern joe Naismith. Getting into the hof despite a mediocre overall talent and career
Other than two Super Bowl wins? Yeah, that’s sort of a big deal. Winning vs. losing big games matters.

Last edited:
Ryan is basically Drew Bledsoe 2.0. You can win football games with a guy like that but he won't carry you all the way to the top.

The Falcons are way better than they would have been if they didn't have him though. That much is beyond debate

Superbowl destoyed him. Up until that game he was probably headed for a borderline case with his MVP. But that game ruined all of them.

As a former Falcons fan, I really do believe Matt should make the HOF. The reasons that Matt hasn't won more is not all due to Matt, it is mostly due the horrible organization that is the Falcons.
1. They never built an OL for him except the year he went to the SB and won the MVP.
2. GM, Thomas D. made some of the worse picks in the history of the NFL and owner kept him around year after year of just horrible 1st round picks.
3. Even after he picked these terrible 1st rounders, he gave them 2nd contracts, think Vic Beasley who was a bust and remained a bust but got a huge 2nd contract.
4. Due to all spending huge amounts of $$ on a few select players, the Falcons have no cap space, Falcons still own 15 mil this year and next on Julio who isn't even playing for them.

Matt showed how tough he was last night. Many QBs in this league would have turtled up and left game way before he did. If he had been drafted by the Pats or another winning program, Matt would have several SBs. I feel bad for him as a person and a really good guy in the Atlanta community.

Last night I was a Pats fan, but felt sorry for Matt.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back