PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Marvin Lewis Interviews With Houston

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Last edited:
Beggers can't be choosers. This is a franchise that had to give BoB the keys to the kingdom to satisfy him. Though I do agree. Lewis is the epitome of a lateral move. He'll make you respectable but it's all bark and no bite. No threat of making playoff waves.

Houston's always had a problem though. Early this decade they were one of the most talented teams in the league but they had no QB. Then they got a QB but BoB started screwing up and the talent around the team started lacking.

I'm not a fan of this. I feel like that franchise - while competitive during his tenure - was undisciplined and a mess and their failures in the postseason are obviously well documented:

Can't even imagine them considering hiring him...? :confused:
If you’re going to hire an old black coach, Jim Caldwell would be much better. Look at what happened in Detroit after he was fired.

Roman is a good fit there. So is Bienemy.

Would be insane. Sounds like a Rooney-rule-compliance. Any team that hires this man as their HC is telling their fans that winning isn’t important.

Would be insane. Sounds like a Rooney-rule-compliance. Any team that hires this man as their HC is telling their fans that winning isn’t important.
If they're choosing a black guy to interview specifically because they don't expect him to get the job, that pretty much illustrates everything wrong with the Rooney Rule.

If they're choosing a black guy to interview specifically because they don't expect him to get the job, that pretty much illustrates everything wrong with the Rooney Rule.
I fear it’s the case more often than not.

I do, however, understand the idea of « the opportunity has its own merits » and that it may push more owners to see competent individuals from different backgrounds.

There are many angles to this, but too often discussing them leads to bad paths on online forums.

Especially an old retread.

If you’re going to hire an old black coach, Jim Caldwell would be much better. Look at what happened in Detroit after he was fired.

Yep...Unless another team offers him a better deal, then I really believe that Detroit will hire Eric Sleeping with Bienemy, in no insignificant part as a make-up for firing Caldwell in order to hire the disastrous Fatt Matt...

It's a conundrum. Because without it, you see a bunch of old white owners being ethnocentric. That's what happens without it (look at college football)

lewis Doesn’t have a winning pedigree, unless you go all the way back to his ratbirds days.

They're going to allow Marvin to wreck another NFL franchise?

A mediocre head NFL coach might be the worst curse a team can have.

For as much as nobody cares for guys like Lewis or Caldwell, I wonder if the fans of Cincinnati and Detroit miss the days of getting to lose a playoff game now and then instead of going 3-13 every year.

Same for the Houston fans going forward without BOB.

Were I Houston I'd go after Eric The Enemy as a HC candidate. He probably wouldn't be interested though.

It's a conundrum. Because without it, you see a bunch of old white owners being ethnocentric. That's what happens without it (look at college football)
If hiring was motivated by race then rqcii is at owners wouldn’t hire black head coaches by being forced to interview one. It’s a stupid rule that is nothing more that a pr stunt aimed at solving a problem that doesn’t exist.

Maybe they can bring Dungy out of retirement?

/s

i think he did pretty well in Cincy considering he was working for mike brown, a notorious cheapskate of an owner...

surprising they are interviewing coaches prior to replacing the gm though... unless easterby is already priming for that position

i think he did pretty well in Cincy considering he was working for mike brown, a notorious cheapskate of an owner...

surprising they are interviewing coaches prior to replacing the gm though... unless easterby is already priming for that position

No way. His teams were always a hot mess, undisciplined, unprepared, and making mental mistakes left and right.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back