PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: March Madness?

The goal should excellence and not mediocrity

I get it that the end game is ncaa tourney titles but winning your conference 18 of his 21 years as a coach is anything but mediocre. He’s a top 5 coach in the game. One down year where they still get a 4 seed won’t change my mind. Illinois hasn’t sniffed the tourney in 6 years. They have a long way to go just to get back to mediocre much less the level they were playing with self as HC.

I can't watch it anymore and haven't for years.
You haven’t missed anything. While Seth Curry and Klay Thompson are phonomal players and without question the best outside shooters of all time, they have ruined the NBA. Every team in the NBA are so threatened by them they have to copy them. Teams won’t play defense anymore so they can save their energy jacking up more 3 pointers. Nobody has their own unique schemes to gameplan for. I feel like no matter what team you watch, they look like the Warriors imposters.

I get it that the end game is ncaa tourney titles but winning your conference 18 of his 21 years as a coach is anything but mediocre. He’s a top 5 coach in the game. One down year where they still get a 4 seed won’t change my mind. Illinois hasn’t sniffed the tourney in 6 years. They have a long way to go just to get back to mediocre much less the level they were playing with self as HC.

The Pats are not the Pats without the hardware.

Mike Tomlin is another Bill Self who cant close the deal although the table is set and I can assure you from visiting Pittsburgh for the last 3 NE vs Pitt games that the city and its fans expect better because the bar it set high for that franchise. Just like the Patriots.

Created On:
03/31/2019 at 02:15 PM
PICK DETAIL
03/31/2019 at 05:06 PM | WIN
[691] MICHIGAN STATE +6-105 (B+4)
PICK DETAIL
03/31/2019 at 02:21 PM | WIN
[693] AUBURN +8½-105 (B+4)

Created On:
03/31/2019 at 02:18 PM
PICK DETAIL
03/31/2019 at 02:21 PM | WIN
[693] AUBURN +185
PICK DETAIL
03/31/2019 at 05:06 PM | WIN
[691] MICHIGAN STATE +130

The Pats are not the Pats without the hardware.

Mike Tomlin is another Bill Self who cant close the deal although the table is set and I can assure you from visiting Pittsburgh for the last 3 NE vs Pitt games that the city and its fans expect better because the bar it set high for that franchise. Just like the Patriots.
I don't who Bill Self is, but I agree Tomlin has drastically underachieved in Pittsburgh. I was watching the 2010 match up with the Steelers and Pats and couldn't believe at one point in time the Steelers had these guys on offense: Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Hines Ward, Antwan Randel El, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, and Rashard Mendenhall at RB. They eventually replace him with Le'Veon Bell. :eek:

2010: Super Bowl because Pats lost to the Jets
2011: Lost to Tim Tebow's Broncos in the WC game
2012 & 2013: Did not make playoffs
2014: Lost WC game again
2015: Won WC game, lost Divisional game to Broncos
2016: Won WC & Divisional game but got their a** kicked in the AFCCG against ours truly.
2017: Lost Divisional game to Jags at home.
2018: Didn't make the playoffs

I have no idea how Tomlin is still there.

So? I mentioned pro and you compared him to Tatum.

You think Zion can shoot the 3. Numbers show he can't. Not sure what you want to debate over? Potential?

Sure he can.....he shoots 33.8% better than can’t

Who's everyone picking? I got UVA and Michigan State...

Virginia is such a boring basketball team. Their pace is like watching grass grow.

National Championship Game: UAB/MSU

Last edited:

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-6_20-1-7.jpeg
    upload_2019-4-6_20-1-7.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1
Virginia is for lovers!

I feel bad for Auburn but that was not a controversial call.....it was a foul

They missed the double dribble and then called a borderline call. I feel cheated for having watched that game after that ending. I’ll root for whoever wins the other game in the final.

I feel bad for Auburn but that was not a controversial call.....it was a foul
Yeah but that was also a double dribble before that. Should have been a turnover. That’s where Auburn got screwed. The foul on the 3 was definitely a foul but it should have never come to that.

Auburn seems like a team of destiny right now.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
They missed the double dribble and then called a borderline call. I feel cheated for having watched that game after that ending. I’ll root for whoever wins the other game in the final.

Yeah but that was also a double dribble before that. Should have been a turnover. That’s where Auburn got screwed. The foul on the 3 was definitely a foul but it should have never come to that.

The ref is trying to decide whether to call the foul here, as the Auburn player grabs the UVa ballhandler, in a deliberate attempt to foul (which they'd been doing and clearly wanted to do again.)

Maybe there was a reason he dribbled off his foot (a snapshot of the action just prior to that dribble): Uncalled foul.jpg

The ref is trying to decide whether to call the foul here, as the Auburn player grabs the UVa ballhandler, in a deliberate attempt to foul (which they'd been doing and clearly wanted to do again.)

Maybe there was a reason he dribbled off his foot (a snapshot of the action just prior to that dribble): View attachment 23090

Then call the foul. That still doesn't excuse the missed double dribble call. This crew, for both teams, was really inconsistent. There were some obvious hacks they missed and then some other not as bad they called. That foul at the end was minor compared to a bunch of no calls they had tonight.

I have no skin in this game. The only team in the final 4 I didn't want to see win was Michigan State and even that was only because they've won it before.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back