PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LIV Golf

Yea not a big fan either but they are making improvements. My daughter's BF just got a job there as a cart/bag boy.
To be fair to the place, I played there at its worst im guessing. 2019 Mass Fourball...30 degrees, hail, greens were punched. I personally just want to see if they Pros have as much of an annoying time off the tee as I did!

To be fair to the place, I played there at its worst im guessing. 2019 Mass Fourball...30 degrees, hail, greens were punched. I personally just want to see if they Pros have as much of an annoying time off the tee as I did!
Yea that's rough. They let it go the past 10 years. Last I played it was 2017 I think the Oaks. I played Pines maybe 2015.

The BF says they are asking $30k for new members fee and $7k annual dues.

Yea that's rough. They let it go the past 10 years. Last I played it was 2017 I think the Oaks. I played Pines maybe 2015.

The BF says they are asking $30k for new members fee and $7k annual dues.
That sounds about right. Its something Id never pay because you can get a similar deal at a place like Worcester, etc etc...But im eager to see what it looks like today. I could forgive course conditions because I know all places go through things, minus the spectacular places...But I simply hate the layout on both courses. Id like to see how many guys hit it OB that weekend. Realistically its probably not many and I just suck!

That sounds about right. Its something Id never pay because you can get a similar deal at a place like Worcester, etc etc...But im eager to see what it looks like today. I could forgive course conditions because I know all places go through things, minus the spectacular places...But I simply hate the layout on both courses. Id like to see how many guys hit it OB that weekend. Realistically its probably not many and I just suck!
He said Oaks is in very good shape and hes accustom to good golf as his dad is a member at a local club to me in Central MA.

Worcester CC is hilly but nice. I'd certainly have no issues being a member there.

Guess Trollin is covering the event this weekend. Lol

@RobertWeathers you still going this weekend?
Not sure i'll have the time.

Playing here Fri and Sat

Moving in my oldest back to college on Monday.

Thought about getting a day pass for Sunday but don't think I'll have the time.

Reactions: sb1
Bumping this so it shows up in the front of the forum bar at the top.

Total BS how Varner III is being treated. Pathetic.

God forbid someone wants to make a living and do more for those less fortunate.

• Agree
I mean, a lot of guys that joined have earned tons of money. Phils Net worth is over$400 Mil
When we look at it that way it means that Phil was offered a 50% increase of his net worth just for joining a different tour. No matter what tax bracket you're in that's a tough offer to refuse.

Personally I'd watch both tours if I could. I caught something quickly that the PGA is having some tourneys now that resemble the LIV tour events.

Another reason why Tiger wants to stay on the PGA Tour is that Tiger is currently tied with Sam Snead for the most PGA tour wins of all time (82). So if he wins one more tournament, he takes that crown probably for good.

He is still 3 majors behind Nicklaus (15 to 18), years ago it was a forgone conclusion that Tiger would past Jack in that category. I remember Lee Trevino getting murdered when he was asked "what would stop Tiger from passing Jack" and he said "a woman".
Great stories like that one from Trevino are a thing of the past. Sad but true.

I remember talking about Tiger many years ago and how the only thing that would stop him from passing Nicklaus would be injuries. Well, here he is unfortunately.

One thing that surprises me about Tiger's latest problem with his car accident is that there hasn't been any comparison between that and the almost identical situation that occurred with Ben Hogan. Can anyone figure out why that gets hardy any mention at all during telecasts? It strikes me as odd in a game where history seems so important.

This is not surprising. Koepka has always had an issue with the Tour and it's restrictiveness.
After watching the Netflix documentary Full Swing I now think that Koepka made the move because he and his wife saw the handwriting on the wall and knew that he may be on the downside of his game. I think they decided to take the money and run.

After watching the Netflix documentary Full Swing I now think that Koepka made the move because he and his wife saw the handwriting on the wall and knew that he may be on the downside of his game. I think they decided to take the money and run.
I loved Full Swing.

Koepka said hes somewhat healthy now but still not anywhere close to where he was as he was +1 in the LIV tourney last week.

I really don't blame the older guys going to LIV- especially guys like Pat Perez, Ian Poulter who are pushing 50. Whatever.

The new Tour elevated events changes are interesting. Amazing how disruptive LIV has become.

Not sure i'll have the time.

Playing here Fri and Sat

Moving in my oldest back to college on Monday.

Thought about getting a day pass for Sunday but don't think I'll have the time.
I really enjoyed visiting schools with my kids. We visited schools in Baltimore, Boston, Worcester, Dartmouth MA, Georgia and Indiana over a few years and had a blast. One of the odd things is that we went to a chain restaurant in Atlanta called Maggiano's Little Italy and found out that there was also one in Boston and one in Indianapolis and we ended up going to all three eventually. Ahhh, the good old days.

I loved Full Swing.

Koepka said hes somewhat healthy now but still not anywhere close to where he was as he was +1 in the LIV tourney last week.

I really don't blame the older guys going to LIV- especially guys like Pat Perez, Ian Poulter who are pushing 50. Whatever.

The new Tour elevated events changes are interesting. Amazing how disruptive LIV has become.
Money talks and there's a lot of that with the LIV tour.

I read earlier that Greg Norman may have an agenda with the PGA tour. Any ideas on what that's about?

I kind of liked DJ's attitude in Full Swing. He knows that he's proven himself on the PGA and he doesn't care what anyone thinks about the move.

Btw, did you end up going to the LIV tour at the International as you were planning last year. Now that the PGA tour left MA I should have gone to see them.

Money talks and there's a lot of that with the LIV tour.

I read earlier that Greg Norman may have an agenda with the PGA tour. Any ideas on what that's about?
It's all right here. Decades old.

I kind of liked DJ's attitude in Full Swing. He knows that he's proven himself on the PGA and he doesn't care what anyone thinks about the move.
I had no issue DJ doing it either. I like DJ!

I thought Morikawa was a little bland.
Btw, did you end up going to the LIV tour at the International as you were planning last year. Now that the PGA tour left MA I should have gone to see them.
I didn't. Interesting though my daughter's BF worked the event (works at the Int'l). He said he drove DeChambeau and DJ around in golf carts (car to clubhouse, to range to tee, etc) Said they were good guys. Both slipped him a $20 for the day. He said the vibe was very "party-esque" (not like Waste Mgt - that's insane) and fun. I think i'd go.

When we look at it that way it means that Phil was offered a 50% increase of his net worth just for joining a different tour. No matter what tax bracket you're in that's a tough offer to refuse.

Personally I'd watch both tours if I could. I caught something quickly that the PGA is having some tourneys now that resemble the LIV tour events.
The money is huge, it’s quite frankly the only reason the guys switched tours. You can watch though LIV is on the CW now
Great stories like that one from Trevino are a thing of the past. Sad but true.

I remember talking about Tiger many years ago and how the only thing that would stop him from passing Nicklaus would be injuries. Well, here he is unfortunately.

One thing that surprises me about Tiger's latest problem with his car accident is that there hasn't been any comparison between that and the almost identical situation that occurred with Ben Hogan. Can anyone figure out why that gets hardy any mention at all during telecasts? It strikes me as odd in a game where history seems so important.
Tigers back injury and his comeback from that was compared to hogan quite a bit. This one I think people realize is not a realistic injury to come back from

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back