PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LAC registered 5.5 local ratings..2nd lowest? 11.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my sons has been living in China and is moving back to the USA next year, but to LA instead of here in the Boston area. Is there anything I can tell him about LA that will make him change his mind and move closer to the rest of his family?
I guess the question is why does he want to move there? If he’s always wanted to live in LA, it would be hard to talk him out of it. Like all cities around the US, there’s nice areas and then there’s bad areas. If he can afford at least $2,000 a month for rent, he’ll be in a nice area. Although I think the restaurants are overpriced and the food is terrible, there’s a lot of cool places to go. However, the traffic on the freeways are awful at peak hours. Oh, and not only is it hard to park your car but you can’t park anywhere in LA without paying. It’s ridiculous. With that being said, because I’ve lived in the area my entire life, I’d be lying if I said someone shouldn’t live here.

It would be awesome to see the Rams and Chargers begging St. Louis and San Diego to take them back after losing a zillion dollars.
Seems pretty obvious to me that LAC will not make it in LA. I'd say they try 1-2 seasons in Rams Stadium, it becomes blindingly obvious that LA can't support two teams and they are the odd man out, and they end up looking for another home city. The big problem with that scenario is that the NJFL put a "flip tax" in place that means selling out for the first ten years gives the NJFL owners a big slice of the transaction, up to 20% ( ref: Spanos Isn't Selling the Chargers and the Team's Not Moving Back - Voice of San Diego ). Yet the Spanos family doesn't have the funds to ride things out if it's a disaster.
This is why the Rams have gone all in.

They’ve realized that there’s really only one strong market in LA, so by being the first team to be successful, with a bunch of big name players, they will win the Fans In LA.
Yep, the Rams realize it's all about star power. They showed up with Gurley and Goff and now have Suh and have resigned Donald and don't give a bleep about the beating they're going to take against the cap. They look like they have a good shot at building a fan base and selling the PSLs they need to finance the stadium. In the end, though, it doesn't matter since Kronke is filthy rich and he won't let them fail, and neither will Jerruh and the NJFL.
This article from January 2017 - before the move - is the best thing you’ll ever read about it.

Chargers Owner Dean Spanos Screwed San Diego, and L.A. Is About to Screw Him
Nice piece. I'm sure Spanos comes across as the rich guy's son, but the problem is that he's not rich by NFL standards, and as the article says, "If you’re not rich enough to build a football stadium, then you’re not rich enough to own a football team". Basically he's paying rent to Kronke. I think it's only a matter of time before they get to the point of deciding they're better off selling the team to some truly rich out of towner who is so filthy rich they'll pay Spanos what he wants plus pay the NJFL flip tax too.

They’ve realized that there’s really only one strong market in LA, so by being the first team to be successful, with a bunch of big name players, they will win the Fans In LA.

Is there one strong market? They had no team for a while and they didn't seem to be demanding one. It's the marketing geniuses at the NFL.

Could you imagine how humiliating it would be to be second fiddle in the SAME city as another team? That scenario must not exist anywhere else in the NFL because that team would be the saddest, most pathetic wannabees in American sports. They probably wouldn’t even get their own stadium.

Bring them back to Sd

Last edited:
LA people are too busy acquiring clout.
How much does a good bag of “clout” go for, these days? I’m tired of that schwag-ass “status.”

Raiders were the one team that would have done great in that market and they didn’t allow it because of spite.

The worst part, I'm pretty sure St Louis hasn't learned. I bet St Louis would foolishly take them back with open arms.

Could you blame them? It's business...the city would be better off with an NFL team than without one.
I can't imagine being a 45+ year old St. Louis native who has lived through losing TWO franchises.

How much does a good bag of “clout” go for, these days? I’m tired of that schwag-ass “status.”

A good bag? You don't want to know. The worst **** unlocks at 10k followers.

Could you blame them? It's business...the city would be better off with an NFL team than without one.
I can't imagine being a 45+ year old St. Louis native who has lived through losing TWO franchises.

Yeah that theory is being tired out. The city will be worse off economically. Especially with what a team would ask for. Ridiculous.

No city should be giving any team from the big 4 north american sports league a single dime. ****ing ridiculous how people won't stand up to this crap.

One of my sons has been living in China and is moving back to the USA next year, but to LA instead of here in the Boston area. Is there anything I can tell him about LA that will make him change his mind and move closer to the rest of his family?
You mean besides the obvious reasons?

In his defense, moving from China to LA is coming closer to his family.:D
But in all seriousness, I think it's simply: If your job/profession is similar in both cities, then do you want to see your family 3 times a year or regularly?
Does he have kids or planning on it? Having family close by makes raising kids so much easier and fulfilling.
The weather, "vibe," or "mojo" or whatever today's young people are chasing just don't register on my traditional radar.

The skiing is better in New England.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back