PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LAC registered 5.5 local ratings..2nd lowest? 11.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
11.8 for a game that went about 4 days and we all saw the Chargers stadium. All red aka all Chiefs fans. They haven't had a home game in maybe 10 years?

Why they went to LA...beyond me.

They went because its the 2nd largest (NY beats it, right?) Tv market in the country. The fact its also among the worst sports cities, and certainly the most front running, didn't matter to the nfl. They just needed to pitch that they have teams in this area to the networks.

I agree it's an asinine decision to put 2 teams there.

It would be awesome to see the Rams and Chargers begging St. Louis and San Diego to take them back after losing a zillion dollars.

Yea I think the Raiders move to Las Vegas is the only one that won't back fire, the LA will only be good for away team fans in the future imo, I don't believe in the Rams.

I live in Vancouver but have been in the L.A area all week (Disneyland with the family). Haven’t seen 1 Chargers shirt or hat. A few Rams. Tons of L.A Dodgers, by far the most represented sports team. Top NFL team gear is the Raiders. I’ve actually seen more people wearing Pats gear then either L.A NFL team.

I live in the LA area and the low ratings doesn’t shock me because nobody cares about the Chargers.

Because there’s so much to do here, the team better be good in order to get our attention. LA is a Lakers/Dodgers town. People will jump on the bandwagon if the Rams are good but fans also wanted the Raiders here - not the Chargers. There would’ve been major hype if they came back. But if the Chargers turn out to be good (highly doubt it), people will jump on the bandwagon as well.

The Chargers were kind of in an awkward position. Not even the people in San Diego cared for them. Anybody ever been to a Chargers game? It’s freaking hilarious as nobody cares!

Lakers will always #1. Jerry Buss was a visionary giving the Lakers that “showtime” mentality. There was a great line on the show “Ballers” last week as a Rams executive told the GM that nobody cares if you win but they care when you win with style.

Last edited:
secede already..that way Goondell can claim he's expanding globally and sucker the owners into an 80 million $ a year contract.

There was a very good reason why the LA Rams moved to St. Louis and it was not because of the weather.. it always is about money and funding for facilities.. and bottom line.

Did the fan base from 1995 remember when Georgia Frontiere fought very hard to move her crap team to another city, first Baltimore then to St. Louis??.. James Orthwein also made an effort to move the Pats to St. Louis, fortunately that did not happen...

Pity and vey sad...i really di not understand 2 franchises in LA expecially for the Bolts...every time looks like the Chargers are playing a road game...

Where will they ultimately go?

I live in the LA area and the low ratings doesn’t shock me because nobody cares about the Chargers.

Because there’s so much to do here, the team better be good in order to get our attention. LA is a Lakers/Dodgers town. People will jump on the bandwagon if the Rams are good but fans also wanted the Raiders here - not the Chargers. There would’ve been major hype if they came back. But if the Chargers turn out to be good (highly doubt it), people will jump on the bandwagon as well.

The Chargers were kind of in an awkward position. Not even the people in San Diego cared for them. Anybody ever been to a Chargers game? It’s freaking hilarious as nobody cares!

Lakers will always #1. Jerry Buss was a visionary giving the Lakers that “showtime” mentality. There was a great line on the show “Ballers” last week as a Rams executive told the GM that nobody cares if you win but they care when you win with style.

One of my sons has been living in China and is moving back to the USA next year, but to LA instead of here in the Boston area. Is there anything I can tell him about LA that will make him change his mind and move closer to the rest of his family?

One of my sons has been living in China and is moving back to the USA next year, but to LA instead of here in the Boston area. Is there anything I can tell him about LA that will make him change his mind and move closer to the rest of his family?

I guess it depends on where he will live. There are some beautiful areas here. I come here every few years, there’s a lot to like. Sun, beaches, lots to do. There’s also some pretty run down areas also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back