PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kraft lost a huge chunk of money in the FTX scam

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Kraft had over 600k shares. Don't know when he got them but I hope he didn't go in with Brady back when Brady dove in. The Brady commercial was announced in Sept. 2021 when each FTX share was worth $73. Brady bought a huge stake around that time, 1.8m shares with Gisele, but part of it was his signing bonus for the commercials.

Hopefully, Kraft jumped in much sooner than that.

Because if he came in around the time that Brady bought in, that could be a loss of $44 million for Kraft.

Kraft had over 600k shares. Don't know when he got them but I hope he didn't go in with Brady back when Brady dove in. The Brady commercial was announced in Sept. 2021 when each FTX share was worth $73. Brady bought a huge stake around that time, 1.8m shares with Gisele, but part of it was his signing bonus for the commercials.

Hopefully, Kraft jumped in much sooner than that.

Because if he came in around the time that Brady bought in, that could be a loss of $44 million for Kraft.

Guess that explains his bargain basement condo purchase in FL

I have a very strong feeling the hedge funds took much more of a bath on FTX than any individual investor, but it doesn't generate as many clicks when your headline says BlackRock and Temasek lost money. You sure do get the clicks though when you talk about Bob Kraft, Steph Curry, and Brady/Bundchen.

Thought it was funny until I realized he pays the players and coaches of the only sports team I care about.

Thought it was funny until I realized he pays the players and coaches of the only sports team I care about.
and think...how does this affect the loyal fans that support this monstrosity?....guess a DD iced coffee will be 10 bucks this season...and the sausage and pepper sandwiches will be replaced with kocktail hot dogs on tooth picks.

Curran said on the radio today that it’s closer to $30m
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

:eek:Yikes with the recent results yeah this year have to be the final straw.

Can't wait for the Netflix documentary on that company. That weirdo kid fleeced tons of very smart people for billions of dollars.

Can't wait for the Netflix documentary on that company. That weirdo kid fleeced tons of very smart people for billions of dollars.
Guess it depends on your definition of smart. I’d have used the words ‘greedy’ or ‘gullible’.

If you haven't seen the one on Bernie Madoff, I highly recommend it. Now those investors are ones I feel sorry for. Madoff wasn't some overnight sensation. The man's reputation was impeccable and he passed several investigations before the house of cards came crashing down.

If you haven't seen the one on Bernie Madoff, I highly recommend it. Now those investors are ones I feel sorry for. Madoff wasn't some overnight sensation. The man's reputation was impeccable and he passed several investigations before the house of cards came crashing down.
I watched that one and it made me sick. All those poor people relying on that money in retirement and that snake took it all.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Back