PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kraft buys Hamptons mansion for 43 million

It is an investment, mostly. Real estate tends to always go up (until it crashes like it did in 2007).

He, or his estate, will probably be able to re-sale it for a nice profit at some point.
he better sell it before it's underwater in 2050

Hamptons... OMG he's moving the team to Long Island.
The Big Bang Theory Reaction GIF

I don't understand the need for anyone to pay $43M for a SUMMER home...he's not even going to be there 9 months of the year.

I think it is ridiculous how much the really rich has, but Kraft is worth what $7 billion? Kraft spending $43 million is the equivalent of you or I spending like $5k on a summer home.

Summer home in the Hamptons and not Cape Cod? What can we make of this.
He has/had a house in New Seabury across from Cotuit on the Cape.

Lets say you have a net worth of a $1 million. Which would still make you a pretty well off American.

The equivalent would be spending $6,231. So its basically what the equivalent of paying cash for a 10 year old used car?:haha:
Funny, the mental math I did before I read your post led me to conclude "second-hand Kia".

His net worth is 6.9 Billion dollars so while he's not Bezos rich or anything.. still pretty dang rich. What's the equivalent of this for the average American? buying a sandwich? a new TV? a car?
Going by median net worth, a TV (~$1000).

Hmmm.. I see Manhattan to the Hamptons just under 100miles. What have they stopped prosecuting in Manhattan lately? Hm...

Nantucket not posh enough for Bobby K?
Bill has Nike patrolling the Nantucket shores keeping undesirables away. Felger slipped in when Nike was taking a dump

He has/had a house in New Seabury across from Cotuit on the Cape.
Interesting. We vacationed in New Seabury many, many years ago. A lot of expensive homes, but not the atmosphere of old money like Osterville or Chatham. Of course, the Hamptons are the big leagues of summer residences by the ocean.

Interesting. We vacationed in New Seabury many, many years ago. A lot of expensive homes, but not the atmosphere of old money like Osterville or Chatham. Of course, the Hamptons are the big leagues of summer residences by the ocean.
Oyster Harbors (Osterville) is known for its money (Duponts, Mellons, Koch). Across the bay from the Kraft's is Cotuit, which has a number of estates . Billy "****" Sullivan owned a house there. Although, it's not the Hamptons.

pays $43 million for a hamptons mansion, but slums around in florida for cheap handy Js lol

god bless him

He should waited another 8 months.

NYC is turning into a ghost town.

I wonder if it's anywhere near George Constanza's place....

I can’t imagine how much time he’s going to spend cleaning it? He will be scrubbing the toilets with the Pats on the radio.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back