PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Johnny "Foosball" Manziel Missing In NYC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably in a brothel somewhere in NYC like Lamar Odom.

In a professional assessment on Manziel's NFL career

Apparently he has been found, but it is interesting to note his father said he wouldn't make it to his next birthday or something like that.

Apparently he has been found, but it is interesting to note his father said he wouldn't make it to his next birthday or something like that.

His father has been saying that since his last year at Texas when he tried to warn the NFL about his sons' demons. As a matter of fact, I think he's even gone as far to say that he fears for his life about once every 6 months or so. What a shame.

"Tombstones in his eyes Manziel"... sooner rather than later when the money runs out, then things might change.. until then he will just keep on partying.

Hopefully his family will not enable him more.. if they do see him on a slab with a toe tag.

He's a friggen car wreck. Wasted youth and talent.

I new he would bust badly. This badly I didn't see though. He had neither the skill set nor the maturity to make it in the NFL.

"Tombstones in his eyes Manziel"... sooner rather than later when the money runs out, then things might change.. until then he will just keep on partying.

Hopefully his family will not enable him more.. if they do see him on a slab with a toe tag.

Not sure on the family blame though. He's a grown man.

Easier to blame the parents for how the child turns out, as that gives you the satisfaction of making a logical inference (A caused B). They are responsible to an extent, but the ugly truth is pretty much that you can never live another person's life for them. There are countless examples of model families with self-destructing offspring(s) and kids from drug-ridden broken families that grow up to be quite successful.

Talented and athletic. But just really good talented, not highest level talented. Combined with the fact the he doesn't seem to have the work ethic or competitive drive necessary to survive at the highest level, it isn't surprising that he's gone off the rails after getting a bunch of his own money.

What I would like to know is how he was able to con the Browns into taking him that high. Any other reason than it's the Browns?

I think @PP2 breaks it down perfectly in terms of the old nature vs. nurture debate. In the case of Manziel, the parents and family are certainly to blame on some level for the way they raised him. They didn't just place a silver spoon in his mouth. They practically jammed it down his throat.

As you mention, he's now a grown man--or at least something close to it. Unfortunately, some people (mostly men) take longer to mature than others, and studies have shown a fairly drastic change once one hits their late 20s/early 30s. I fell into this category myself to some degree, but my circumstances were obviously much different from someone who has tons of fame and money. In the case of Manziel, he has substantial financial resources that will likely continue to enable his addiction until he reaches a breaking point, and there's probably a decent chance that his breaking point could be fatal.

Someone showing a complete lack of remorse and desire to change (or even admit to any issue) PLUS MONEY usually doesn't equate to anything good, as we've seen time and time again. I think he's a mega-douche, but I hope he receives the help/maturity that he needs to free himself from his demons.

It's really sad to see a person self destruct the way this kid has, and he really needs a stronger support system around him. With that said, I knew he wasn't going to be sh*t in the NFL, whether it was on the field or off. He looks like the type that was never held accountable for anything in his life. This hardly surprises me.

Last edited:
I met one of his A&M coaches in Houston, Tx and he told me that JM came from money and would not listen to anybody. JM surroinds himself with yes men and free loading enablers.

He went on to say the worst possible scenario would be for JM to play in the NFL right away.

Hopefully the Jets will sign him - he would be a great locker room addition :D

I saw him at Bounce with Von Miller and Justin Bieber.

Update on Johnny NoBrainsziel....Dallas police have located him...

Dallas police: QB Johnny Manziel reports hit-and-run crash

Dallas P.D. reports no accident report filed....Johnny Goofball says he DID file one...

SURVEY SAYS................!

rUm9nhSJRGeqO9HN7DIc_Steve%20Harvey%20Face%204.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back