PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Jets players rip Sanchez, say he's lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Eyes

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
NFL.com news: Jets players rip Sanchez as 'lazy' amid dreams of Manning

If the Jets dont make a serious move to bring in another QB then we really dont have anything to worry about, if a franchise QB needs external motivation in order to drive him then that franchise isn't worth much.

They would be STUPID not to take a chance on a guy like Hoyer...but then again they're the Jets:D

No fun. I want names! Let's get a real meltdown going, not some anonymous beefs.

It is painfully obvious to any outsider that Sanchez lacks the drive to be a real contender in the NFL. I am not sure why the jets and their fans can't see it. Schotty was never the problem. The problem was the fact that Sanchez doesn't prepare for games the way someone like Brady does. He isn't able to play the chess game out there against the defense. He can't even able to manage the clock! And it isn't because he is stupid. It is because he isn't learning. Sanchez is too busy partying through his NFL career to realize it is slipping away.

Loving life in the NFL right now.......

Here's the link to the NY Daily News Article, on which this blurb was based and which was on the FRONT PAGE of the paper this morning and not the back, where this stuff usually goes, especially in the week leading up to a Giants playoff game. This is big news down here and the drumbeat to get Peyton (which won't happen IMO) is building.

Concluding, and devastating, lines of the article: "The hope for some players this offseason is that the Jets will pursue Manning if he is healthy and available. Of course, there is no guarantee that Manning would choose them even if owner Woody Johnson and Ryan put on an all-out blitz. 'I don’t think that he’ll come here,' a member of the Jets organization said. 'We have to change the perception of our organization. We’re not the organization that players said they wanted to play for a year or two ago. We’re starting to come across a little flaky. We talk the talk. We don’t back it up. We’re out of control. There’s no discipline. It’s a mess right now.'”

Read more: NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away - NY Daily News

This all ends up in the ample lap of Wrecks and his complete lack of discipline, IMHO.

Last edited:
Here's the link to the NY Daily News Article, on which this blurb was based and which was on the FRONT PAGE of the paper this morning and not the back, where this stuff usually goes, especially in the week leading up to a Giants playoff game. This is big news down here and the drumbeat to get Peyton (which won't happen IMO) is building.

Concluding, and devastating, lines of the article: "The hope for some players this offseason is that the Jets will pursue Manning if he is healthy and available. Of course, there is no guarantee that Manning would choose them even if owner Woody Johnson and Ryan put on an all-out blitz. 'I don’t think that he’ll come here,' a member of the Jets organization said. 'We have to change the perception of our organization. We’re not the organization that players said they wanted to play for a year or two ago. We’re starting to come across a little flaky. We talk the talk. We don’t back it up. We’re out of control. There’s no discipline. It’s a mess right now.'”

Read more: NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away - NY Daily News

This all ends up in the ample lap of Wrecks and his complete lack of discipline, IMHO.

Although Rexy certainly deserves his share of the blame I think the lion's share of the blame should go to 'Tanny', he's the one making the personnel decisions.

It is painfully obvious to any outsider that Sanchez lacks the drive to be a real contender in the NFL. I am not sure why the jets and their fans can't see it. Schotty was never the problem. The problem was the fact that Sanchez doesn't prepare for games the way someone like Brady does. He isn't able to play the chess game out there against the defense. He can't even able to manage the clock! And it isn't because he is stupid. It is because he isn't learning. Sanchez is too busy partying through his NFL career to realize it is slipping away.

Eh... Tom partied, and he studied but he mostly worked on improving his game because he was held accountable here and because he had to in order to have even a shot at getting here via Michigan. Things came too easy to all the USC QB's except the one Pete never did let start. Then at the next level they either won't be told and in Mark's case can't be because his psyche is quite fragile and his ego not as overly developed. He needed to sit a year at this level and he couldn't because of where and why he was taken.

Now it's just going to get worse. The rats on his ship are turning on him. Not that they aren't correct in their assessment, just that it's the GM and HC as much as the QB who is responsible for what he's becoming, another excuse for the SOJ's. Looking like he's in an already fragile state emotionally and overwhelmed by the pressure on and off the field, he's going to become the pawn in an even more dynfunctional threesome as Tannenbaum pairs a guy under fire in his first HCing job with two guys who just got fired from theirs whose goal is going to be to land another shot...all pulling the strings on the bewildered QB who had been led to believe he was the Franchise/Sanchise and captain of the good ship Tubby Rex where all that matters is what Rex tells us to believe...

Over on Gangreen the early euphoria at Schottsie's demise is turning into a West Side Story rumble between the brainless true believers and the distraught disbelievers. It's priceless.

How much of this is attributable to Sanchez and how much has to do with the culture instilled by Rex "Loud Mouth" Ryan?

Although Rexy certainly deserves his share of the blame I think the lion's share of the blame should go to 'Tanny', he's the one making the personnel decisions.

True, personnel and coaching ever since he landed Mangini. The real fool remains Woody, for hiring them all and/or signing off on their performances thereafter...

And the media has noticed that he's been noticably MIA since the schit started hitting the fan...

How much of this is attributable to Sanchez and how much has to do with the culture instilled by Rex "Loud Mouth" Ryan?

50/50 since it was a bad choice meets a bad match. Although 100% of the credit could also go to Tannenbaum since both the choice and match were his brilliant ideas. As were Mangini and Schottsie and Favre and Santurdio.

There are multiple parties who share the blame here. The most important is Sanchez, next would be the coaches, and finally his teammates. Sanchez hasn't improved, which shows he is what he is or he isn't practicing/studying hard enough to progress at this level. The coaches are also responsible to hold him accountable for his actions or inactions. There is no threat of Sanchez losing his starting role because they have no capable backup at this point (I don't consider brunell capable anymore) . Rex has threatened sanchez to be benched but they are hollow threats since he hasn't followed through.

The playes ar responsible too, they should be encouraging him to get in the film room an on his ass if he's just going through the motions in practice. Instead they wait until the season falls apart and then rip him in the media. Ther are no leaders on that team and that includes the coaches.

Sanchez, Lazy...

Racists!!!!

Attachments

• fat_lazy_mexican_by_plainblandman-d39taka.jpg
    fat_lazy_mexican_by_plainblandman-d39taka.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 423
There are no leaders on that team and that includes the coaches.

That's an understatement. When your HEAD COACH weeps at the season's final team meeting and pleads for the players to become unified, you know there are serious issues. Maybe the Green Beans can hire Tony Robbins as a consultant or assistant coach.

One guy who could be one of the players mentioned is Greg McElroy. He's already made statements about Holmes. I would love for the Green Beans to part ways with him and have the Pats bring him in if Hoyer were to leave.

One guy who could be one of the players mentioned is Greg McElroy. He's already made statements about Holmes. I would love for the Green Beans to part ways with him and have the Pats bring him in if Hoyer were to leave.

McElroy HAD TO KNOW, that he was not coming back to the Jets before he went on the radio and said those things. I find it hard to believe that he thought that he could say that and then go back there. I was all for drafting McElroy (late) as the 3rd QB unitl Mallett fell. I think that someone will make a plya for Hoyer in the off season, and that Mallett will be elevated and the Pats will need a developmental QB/ arm for practice/scout.

The Jets can't really complain as their team DID make the playoffs this year.

(even if its only in pepsi commercials...its still the playoffs)

Loving life in the NFL right now.......

Yeah, it's almost sinful to go to the Jets' board now...they're coming apart at the seams and it's so easy to tweak them and get them even madder.

The Jets can't really complain as their team DID make the playoffs this year.

(even if its only in pepsi commercials...its still the playoffs)

and you forgot how they won the Super Bowl in April!

The blame for Sanchez is probably on him since Rex had just joined, but I doubt that he brought Santonio on without Ryan's (enthusiastic) support. The NYTimes article today, less inflammatory than the Daily News piece but still very critical, suggests that the locker room problems started with and around Holmes. He's a bad apple; even the Steelers, which tolerated Rapistberger, didn't cry when he left.

Last edited:
"Amid dreams of Manning"

Yeah, that's all they can do. Dream, because it ain't gonna happen. Manning will play next season then will hand over the reigns to Luck when he retires at the end of next season. Until I hear Manning say he doesn't want to play in Indy next year or wants to be released, I won't believe a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe