PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- Jets @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Do the Jets win this game and grab the 6th seed or do they blow it and hand it to the Steelers? I think the Jets pull out a close one and grab that last wild card spot setting up a great game @Cincinatti wich could go either way. What do you guys think?

Todd Bowles is a better coach than Mike Tomlin. I would personally rather see the Steelers in the playoffs. Tomlin plays checkers and Roethlisberger just put together the most overrated season in NFL history with 18 TDs and 14 INTs. Jets are a much more complete team and will get to Brady.

I think the Jets win this one and the next one to setup a showdown at Foxborough in two weeks. As they would be legitimate SB contenders at that point, the Patriots could finally serve them a cold dish of postseason revenge.

I don't think it will matter as I believe the Steelers will lose to the Bungles.

Edit: Whoops thought they were playing Cincy not Cleveland.

Last edited:
Todd Bowles is a better coach than Mike Tomlin. I would personally rather see the Steelers in the playoffs. Tomlin plays checkers and Roethlisberger just put together the most overrated season in NFL history with 18 TDs and 14 INTs. Jets are a much more complete team and will get to Brady.

I think the Jets win this one and the next one to setup a showdown at Foxborough in two weeks. As they would be legitimate SB contenders at that point, the Patriots could finally serve them a cold dish of postseason revenge.
Roethlisberger has more SB titles than any QB not named Brady in the NFL right now. I don't want to face that when Fitzpatrick is the alternative.

Not looking forward to that.

The team Goodell loves vs the team that Goodell hates.

What could possibly go wrong?

I think you are right in everything you say, but still hope sexy rexy has a little smidgen of pride and pulls a rabbit out of the hat to win one against the former team that fired his sorry blowhard azz.

Just cause they're the jesters and it would be sweet to laugh at their sorry fans after they choke away a playoff ticket.

Otherwise. . . really could care less if squeelers or jesters are 6 seed. At end of day comes down to health of OL, edeldude, Amendola, and hightower. If they all good, we beat either.

Roethlisberger has more SB titles than any QB not named Brady in the NFL right now. I don't want to face that when Fitzpatrick is the alternative.

And in the two SB's he's won, and the three that he has been to how many times did he face the Pats to get there? Manning has as many as Big Ben.

Facing those two teams present different problems. Pittsburgh's offense is explosive but their defense is pure trash. The Jets defense is the real deal and their offense is just functional enough to get the job done.

I would prefer Pitt over the Jets. Poor coaching, no defense, an offense prone to turning the ball over and who has a terrible history vs BB and Brady led Pats.

I don't know if the Jets go to Buffalo and beat a depleted Bills team missing LeSean McCoy or not, but the fact that we're even discussing it tells me all I need to know.

I'm guessing they get out of Buffalo, but then go on the road and lose to a tougher Bengals team that people are giving credit to.

Last edited:
And in the two SB's he's won, and the three that he has been to how many times did he face the Pats to get there? Manning has as many as Big Ben.

Facing those two teams present different problems. Pittsburgh's offense is explosive but their defense is pure trash. The Jets defense is the real deal and their offense is just functional enough to get the job done.

I would prefer Pitt over the Jets. Poor coaching, no defense, an offense prone to turning the ball over and who has a terrible history vs BB and Brady led Pats.

And the NFL not completely in their back pocket.

I'm guessing this is exactly what people said about our poor 2011 secondary, since we allowed a lot of yards on the way to almost winning the SB.

The difference of course, is that the Pats were #15th in points allowed, whereas the Steelers have been much higher all year long. As a matter of fact, aren't they giving up almost the exact same amount of points as we are this year, with our supposed "best defense in a decade?"

While I don't disagree with the notion that their defense isn't good, I think some are taking it overboard.

And the NFL not completely in their back pocket.

Good point. Especially with the NFL making the review calls from Gotham during the playoffs.

I'm guessing this is exactly what people said about our poor 2011 secondary, since we allowed a lot of yards on the way to almost winning the SB.

The difference of course, is that the Pats were #15th in points allowed, whereas the Steelers have been much higher all year long. As a matter of fact, aren't they giving up almost the exact same amount of points as we are this year, with our supposed "best defense in a decade?"

While I don't disagree with the notion that their defense isn't good, I think some are taking it overboard.

Well the best defense in a decade is referring to a healthy defense I would think. And we have given up more garbage time points this season than I can remember from the past. At least from my memory.

I know you are playing devils advocate and I think the 2011 reference is a good one. The 2011 secondary gave up yards but was a turnover producing machine 23 int's. Compare that to 15 from Pitt this year. Both defenses produced 11 fumble recoveries. So total turnover was 34 to 26 (obviously Pitt has one more game left so that will most likely increase, but its probably safe to assumenit won't be by 8). The 2011 offense was also much better than the 2015 Pitt offense scoring about 7 points more per game. NE was +17 in turnovers in 2011 while the Steelers are +1 on the year.

I do think their defense would get shredded by this offense assuming we have our horses back.

Seems like the board is kinda split on who we would rather face. Hopefully they both flame out by the divisional round. Houston or KC would be easier.

Won't be easy for the Jets... they're the better team, but this will be Rex Ryan's Super Bowl.

Seems like the board is kinda split on who we would rather face. Hopefully they both flame out by the divisional round. Houston or KC would be easier.

Houston yes, KC should be the one getting all "team no one wants to face" bs that the talking heads spew every year. Winners of 9 straight games including a win over the Steelers. They have the #2 scoring defense in the league and an efficient offense quietly ranked 9th in the league in scoring. They don't turn the ball over on offense (13 in 15 games) and they create turnovers on defense +15 on the year.

Iam always wary of facing division teams in the playoffs. Jets dont fear/or are anxious coming to foxboro unlike denver or cincy could be. Those are the teams like jets/balt which have that attitude which cause pats trouble.

This is exactly the sort of game for which Rex has historically gotten his teams to overperform.

I've always liked Rex despite his Jets tenure and the Bills aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Jets when it comes to team hate for me so this is an easy one for me. Bills fan 4 life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes