PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like most times a player of note from another team becomes available the Pats are one of the teams that are rumored to be interested. In this case is that interest real? RB seems to be one of the Pats stronger positions.
Our dynasty track record attracted a bumper crop of mediots who have lots of 'platforms' to stuff 'content' into.

Actual team interest is not required to set off their urge to plant their flags on a tottering mountain of worthless hot takez.

Lots of local writers dashed off the 'what if' piece probably knowing that no one inside the team actually was interested in Bell.

The national writers soon dropped the 'Pats are interested in Bell' angle, the locals had no choice but to keep pumping it up.

with our run game and a strong defense there’s no reason to think we can’t play a smash mouth ball control game and be competitive.

Regarding TE, I would cut our rookies some slack. Historically it’s one of those positions that takes the longest to translate from college to the pros and add to it the condensed offseason dealing with COVID no preseason. It’s gonna take some time. BB said it himself the 2020 rookies are further behind than ever before.
I think run game, defense, tolerable air attack is/was the plan. It's like building a D without Lawrence Taylor; he didn't just try to make everybody Lawrence Taylor, he went to war with the D he had and could draft/acquire. I think. I'm mostly just drawing a comparison w/the current "post Brady" situation. Of COURSE we will rely less on the QB position, especially if we're all stuck in 2007. Even in recent seasons he's been among the league's best, and whenever the multi-headed backfield was mentioned it always surprised people how much production we were quietly getting from that position. I think the old Ravens model might actually be where we'll end up being most comfortable. But fortunately for everybody, I don't make these calls. If Bill says I think we should shift the balance toward defense and rush, thats what we should do... I hear and I obey...

Also, if nobody has done this... and if Bell is trying to get more money than the Board consensus says he should get...

Le'Veon
Le'Veon likes his money...

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

Also, if nobody has done this... and if Bell is trying to get more money than the Board consensus says he should get...

Le'Veon
Le'Veon likes his money...

Thank you. I'll be here all week.
Apparently Le'Veon's "girlfriends" love his money too...

If I were the 76 Buccaneers I wouldn't be unscrewing the screw cap of that bottle of cold duck just yet. This JETE team might still pull off the perfect defeated season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes