PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it tots sucks having the Chiefs in the AFC East. They have looked unbeatable this year, especially their OL and DBs.

Belichick has always been content with just winning the East or just making the playoffs...wicked frustrating that he consistently settles for good instead of expecting and striving for greatness in himself and his teams. That's why he always goes nuts in the locker room every time they clinch the east, champagne showers galore. So embarrasssing. I hear that he even sleeps in the "AFC East Champs" hats for a full week.

20+ years as the Pats head coach and so many dopes here have no clue about the man.

Did i knock his coaching? No. He has a new QB as well. My point is this idk if this passing offense is good enough to reach a super bowl. It puts pressure on our defense to hold them less than 26 points.

Don't really think he makes them that much better for some reason. We'll see.

yeah but bell excels at catching the ball out of the bs backfield and our lbs blow.
True...but that’s why guys like Dugger, Phillips & Uche were brought in. Hopefully, it’s effective..As far as opposing RBs running up the gut, we’re banking on Guy, Cowart, Butler, Allen & now Davis panning out.

Last edited:
Should now be warned over in the Chiefs, they are getting a cancer in the locker room and as a teammate that is not a team player.

It certainly doesn't hurt to sign him, but the pressure is on him. We'll see how his feet shuffling-dancing style fits with KC's O-line. I'm sure the O-line will be thrilled to block for a guy who won't go to the 2nd level until there's a massive hole.

This just shows how little the Pats are on the radar for FAs. McCoy and Fournette went to the Bucs to be with Brady and now Bell to the Chiefs. Even the crappy Bills are a better draw right now than us. So depressing. We are officially a middler team.

What an astronomically bad take.

Last edited:
This. He adds another dimension to their passing attack
Don't think so. He's not the same player he was regardless of how bad the jets were. He brings nothing new to the table, just a different last name. He might provide depth but that's it.

Don't think so. He's not the same player he was regardless of how bad the jets were. He brings nothing new to the table, just a different last name. He might provide depth but that's it.
Yeah... no. The Jets are probably the worst team in the league by a good margin and that’s saying something considering there is an abnormally higher amount of outright bad teams this year. Teams are basically just selling out upfront to stop Bell because he was the only threat on the Jets. He didn’t just go from All Pro 3 seasons ago to pretty good tier because of decline at 28. The Jets outright are barely a pro football team. This is one of those things where people are underselling him because of circumstance and not how he actually plays. Even if he only contributes his Jets level play from last year he’s better than the current RB. However he’s back to being on a team with stud WR’s who take pressure off him and has a competent QB again. He’s going to do all the same things EH did week one that he hasn’t been doing since

Not really. It’s similar to many Pats signings in the past. Dude burned several bridges, he had an excuse of the Jets being a dumpster fire. If he can’t make it work on the Chiefs it kills him.

This is what the Chiefs get for drafting well. They can make pickups like this

Point being is Chiefs have a crowded backfield. I'm sure they'll find opportunities for him, but I think it's only going to be a matter of time before he wants to hog snaps, and that's not how the Chiefs offense works- they rotate more than any other teams in the league.

3b69907426472a1e3d89930d1457d1cc.gif

I think hes washed. Or maybe he was a product of the steelers offense. I mean once he left they plugged in Connor and didnt miss a beat.

I dont get why because of this signing people are now yelling that bill shouldve tanked. We are a good team with cam newton, what are people watching? we are probably 3-1 if Cam newton plays against KC. After we beat Denver we are 3-2 and have the same record as Bradys Bucs are. Heck they could be 3-3 after this weekend if Green bay beats them

Last edited:
I think hes washed. Or maybe he was a product of the steelers offense. I mean once he left they plugged in Connor and didnt miss a beat.

Steelers offense always has plugged WRs and RBs. It's funny that people don't even remember Willie Parker and Rashard Mendenhall
Willie Parker had
1200 yards
1495 yards
1315 yards
790 yards (missed 5 games)
as their #1
Then Parker got overtaken by Mendenhall in '09
Mendenhall had
1100 yards in '09
1275 in '10
930 in '11
then Mendenhall got hurt in '12 and then they drafted Bell in '13

Yeah, it tots sucks having the Chiefs in the AFC East. They have looked unbeatable this year, especially their OL and DBs.

Belichick has always been content with just winning the East or just making the playoffs...wicked frustrating that he consistently settles for good instead of expecting and striving for greatness in himself and his teams. That's why he always goes nuts in the locker room every time they clinch the east, champagne showers galore. So embarrasssing. I hear that he even sleeps in the "AFC East Champs" hats for a full week.

20+ years as the Pats head coach and so many dopes here have no clue about the man.
Are you saying Bill does not feel winning the East is a big achievement and one that should not be celebrated? If yes, then I think you are the one that does not know much about the man.

I dont get why because of this signing people are now yelling that bill shouldve tanked. We are a good team with cam newton, what are people watching? we are probably 3-1 if Cam newton plays against KC. After we beat Denver we are 3-2 and have the same record as Bradys Bucs are. Heck they could be 3-3 after this weekend if Green bay beats them
I didn't realize this season was about the Pats trying to beat the Bucs record? LOL. Last I check we play in the AFC with about a half dozen teams that look better than us right now. Steelers fans would disagree on your Connor take. He has not been nearly as productive as Bell because Bell was a huge threat in the passing game, #2 receptions most seasons behind AB only. You can think he is washed but his poor performance the last few seasons probably has much more to do with playing for the hapless Jets.

Last edited:
Did i knock his coaching? No. He has a new QB as well. My point is this idk if this passing offense is good enough to reach a super bowl. It puts pressure on our defense to hold them less than 26 points.
It has to get significantly better. Right now we are 22nd in points scored which is pretty awful considering scoring is up across the league this year. Last year at this time we were 2nd in points scored and finished the season at #7 (we averaged 30 points a game). That being said, we are rushing extremely well but it is not translating yet into points. We need that to happen for us to push out of Tier 2 into the elite tier IMO. Would be nice to see something out of the TE group. That by far has been the most disappointing skill position.

I didn't realize this season was about the Pats trying to beat the Bucs record? LOL. Last I check we play in the AFC with about a half dozen teams that look better than us right now. Steelers fans would disagree on your Connor take. He has not been nearly as productive as Bell because Bell was a huge threat in the passing game, #2 receptions most seasons behind AB only. You can think he is washed but his poor performance the last few seasons probably has much more to do with playing for the hapless Jets.
It was a point I was making as alit of people here are saying how good the bucs with brady look.

What is your point if we are not as good as the chiefs we should give up? Or if there are too many good teams in the AFC? We probably beat the chiefs if cam newton plays last week. And we were 1 yards away from beating the Seahawks. Then we decimated the raiders who destroyed the chiefs.

I'd say we are right there.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
It has to get significantly better. Right now we are 22nd in points scored which is pretty awful considering scoring is up across the league this year. Last year at this time we were 2nd in points scored and finished the season at #7 (we averaged 30 points a game). That being said, we are rushing extremely well but it is not translating yet into points. We need that to happen for us to push out of Tier 2 into the elite tier IMO. Would be nice to see something out of the TE group. That by far has been the most disappointing skill position.
30.2 points per game so far with our starting QB. Just sayin.

It was a point I was making as alit of people here are saying how good the bucs with brady look.

What is your point if we are not as good as the chiefs we should give up? Or if there are too many good teams in the AFC? We probably beat the chiefs if cam newton plays last week. And we were 1 yards away from beating the Seahawks. Then we decimated the raiders who destroyed the chiefs.

I'd say we are right there.
I think it is more just the reality of where we are this season. FAs are not looking at us because we don't have a draw at QB. We are most likely going to hover around .500 this season given how brutal the schedule is and that is dependent on Cam staying healthy which he has not done the last few seasons of his career. I think most of us are just lamenting the state of our QB position. I didn't think both Hoyer and Stid would look that bad. Bill has always had decent/competent back up QBs when Brady was here. This is why the tanking for Lawrence posts are coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing