PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
AB is still out there too.
he wont be signed until his 8 game suspension is up... based on the growing ir list in tampa, it would not surprise me if he is reunited with brady

So some of y’all not know how bad Gase is look at Kenyon Drake he was on his way to the CFL cause of Gase. Look at Robby Anderson
Look at Ryan Tannehill. Turns out the actual quarterback whisperer is in TEN.
The man is a problem player. Another AB if you ask me. Well destroy the team.
Well AB is a special kind of crazy, but he's also a special kind of receiver. I agree Bell is a problem player, without the upside AB had. RBs don't age well. He sat out a year and really hasn't shown anything in a season and a quarter. I'd rather see us stick with what we got rather than try to fit this guy in during the season.

Wondering if his contract has offsets. If it does, then no team is going to pay him even close to what he was making with the NYJ, so he would be playing for free (money would be paid by another team + Jets instead of Jets only but equal the same amount.) Most likely scenario is he has signed his last contract that isn't peanuts. I wonder if he'll even play again.

I hope the Pats take a look and sign and him.

Would be fun to watch Bell, White and Newton in the same backfield.

Wondering if his contract has offsets. If it does, then no team is going to pay him even close to what he was making with the NYJ, so he would be playing for free (money would be paid by another team + Jets instead of Jets only but equal the same amount.) Most likely scenario is he has signed his last contract that isn't peanuts. I wonder if he'll even play again.
I think he will sign with somebody. He doesn't officially become waived till 4PM, and given new covid rules on try outs it may take a while till he gets signed. I just don't get the vibe that he's a good team player and thus not a good fit here, so I hope it is with somebody other than the Pats.

“With this move, the Jets stand to clear room in 2020 that can roll over into 2021 in the amount of whatever Bell signs for elsewhere. Bell has offset language on the $6 million in remaining base salary for 2020, so whatever he earns elsewhere will be deducted from that amount for the Jets,” said Brad Spielberger, a salary cap expert for OverTheCap.com and Pro Football Focus.”

“Bell’s 2021 base salary of $8 million was guaranteed for injury, which could have potentially played a role here in cutting him before anything happened on the field. There will be $4 million in dead money from Bell’s signing bonus. In total, his 2021 cap hit will be roughly $11.5 million less than it would have been had Bell remained on the roster.”

“With this move, the Jets stand to clear room in 2020 that can roll over into 2021 in the amount of whatever Bell signs for elsewhere. Bell has offset language on the $6 million in remaining base salary for 2020, so whatever he earns elsewhere will be deducted from that amount for the Jets,” said Brad Spielberger, a salary cap expert for OverTheCap.com and Pro Football Focus.”

“Bell’s 2021 base salary of $8 million was guaranteed for injury, which could have potentially played a role here in cutting him before anything happened on the field. There will be $4 million in dead money from Bell’s signing bonus. In total, his 2021 cap hit will be roughly $11.5 million less than it would have been had Bell remained on the roster.”

No one is going to sign him for $6M+ for the remainder of 2020. I don't even think he could get $6M for a full season.

So with that, he either plays or sits out, and in both cases gets the same amount of money. Based on him sitting out in 2018 for risk/financial issues, I'll be surprised if he signs somewhere.

not a great fit IMO. We need backs to hit the whole quick. Sony does enough waiting around and we don't need another back dancing in the backfield. Plus, the Jets released him...that should tell you all you need to know. Let him go back to Pitt

Bell back to the Burg...and the resign Brown....LOL

No one is going to sign him for $6M+ for the remainder of 2020. I don't even think he could get $6M for a full season.

So with that, he either plays or sits out, and in both cases gets the same amount of money. Based on him sitting out in 2018 for risk/financial issues, I'll be surprised if he signs somewhere.
The problem was that he was already "damaged goods" two years ago but found suckers a team to take him on, namely da Jete.

It seems to me he kinda has to sign a 'prove it' deal for cheap money this season to ever get big bucks again.

However I agree with your point he isn't likely to see it that way.

That will leave him sitting around for another season, getting older, slower and heavier.

GMs will see that along with the fact he's now shot his way out of town twice and have a hard time deciding to give him big bucks.

What he needs is suckers a team to take him on next season.

I don't know, maybe a desperate bottom feeding team such as ATL or DET will give him a go?

Someone so bad like da Jete who have to pay over market prices to get anyone to go there, I would think.

Have to sign him. The Jete is on the hook for his salary. Pats can pay him vet minimum or more. From what I understand.

I still find it hilarious he made himself out to be some virtuous hero for the running back position by sitting out a year doing god knows what. Even more hilarious is that the deal he got was lower than what the Steelers offered him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes