PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think bb should sign this guy for the vet minimum and see what he has left.

I do know he runs good routes, catches well and if he stays to block, can pick up the blitz.

if our offensive line gets healthy, I think he is good for 4 plus yards per carry behind it.

didn’t he get 750 last year behind the Jets horrible offensive line?

Bell doesn't bring anything that we don't already have in house except more patience between the tackles to let blocks develop....

So...I pass. I mean we actually have 6 running backs already (including Cam).

Pretty much. I don't want him as I don't think he's the same player he was 5 years ago. But, if the Pats sign him, I will certainly root for him to do well.
He was a First Team All Pro 3 seasons ago in 2017.....

Then he sat out 2018, then he was on the Jets in 2019 and the situation this year.

This is like with Cam Newton and people basing a bad situation and a small sample size to act like a guy who is 28 is washed. Even last year in a crap situation he had respectable numbers in both rushing and receiving.... and that’s on the most trash team in the league.

Then he sat out 2018, then he was on the Jets in 2019 and the situation this year.

This is like with Cam Newton and people basing a bad situation and a small sample size to act like a guy who is 28 is washed. Even last year in a crap situation he had respectable numbers in both rushing and receiving.... and that’s on the most trash team in the league.
Couldn't agree more. Supposedly the way his contract is structured, Bell's salary this year is guaranteed by the Jets. So NE could sign him for vet min and have them foot the bill.

Interesting to see what Belichick does here.

In what way were his numbers last year respectable? He averaged 3.2 yards per carry which I assume was solidly worst in the league.

Fair enough. You could be 100% correct on this. I watch more football than I probably should and from what I've observed, he just does not seem like the same player he was in 16 and 17. If he goes off for a 1000 yards and rings up 10-12 TD's this season, then I'm clearly full of Shyte.
Your Cam analogy is a good one. Respects.

I still find it hilarious he made himself out to be some virtuous hero for the running back position by sitting out a year doing god knows what. Even more hilarious is that the deal he got was lower than what the Steelers offered him.

lol this is completely false when you look at the real nfl number which is guaranteed money

Same people not wanting him didn’t want Cam and the minute he does good will worship him like they did cam. Clock work

Would suck if he went to KC, don’t understand the move though their rookie has been playing pretty good this season.

Would suck if he went to KC, don’t understand the move though their rookie has been playing pretty good this season.

Think about it, Bell gets to sign with the Superbowl favorite, it will be for the vet minimum, and the Jets have to pay him roughly 5 million to play for someone else. Bell will have nothing really expected of him. I would be shocked if he doesn't sign with KC. Its really a smart move if your Bell.

Think about it, Bell gets to sign with the Superbowl favorite, it will be for the vet minimum, and the Jets have to pay him roughly 5 million to play for someone else. Bell will have nothing really expected of him. I would be shocked if he doesn't sign with KC. Its really a smart move if your Bell.

yeah I agree. Maybe he’s intrigued to play for NE, he would get a chance to stick it to the jets twice this year. But yeah getting to sign with a legit sb contender would be hard to pass up with KC

Because Bell is just a better player. And consider this, people here are saying we shouldn’t sign him because we have Burkhead/White/Michel/Harris. But almost everyone involved in the league would put Edwards-Helaire above all those guys. Bell is an asset in both the passing and running. He would instantly be our best skill player

lol this is completely false when you look at the real nfl number which is guaranteed money
Breaking it down, Bell will earn $14.5 million for the 2019 season, but will only count for a $8.5 million cap hit because of the $2 million from his signing bonus and $4.5 million roster bonus to go along with a $2 million base salary. His two-year total, then, comes to $26 million with $11.5 million coming his way while being a $13.5 million cap hit.

It was already considered by many to be a steal for Bell, especially with the Steelers offering him a five-year, $70 million deal back in 2018. Pittsburgh would have given the 27-year-old $33 million over the first two years, and he now takes $7 million less to play for Gang Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents