PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT Jete release Le'Veon Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to win a ring makes him a loser?

no making assumptions the chiefs are going to win it all this year so might as well go get a ring.

no making assumptions the chiefs are going to win it all this year so might as well go get a ring.
So thinking someone is a super bowl favorite makes you a loser?

In 2017 the Steelers had 1667 yards rushing for a 3.8 Average with Bell being the lead back gaining nearly 1,300 of the yards for a 4.0 Average. RB's also added 89 catches for 670 yards (7.5 ave) with Bell catching all but 4 of them. Pats conversely had a RB by committee approach with Lewis as the lead back and gained 1889 yards for a 4.2 Average. They also caught 126 balls for 957 yards (7.6 ave). This of course does not take into account OL and other factors but on its face it the Patriots approach was much more successful. No idea why Pats would want to go to the 1 back approach when they are currently averaging 5.1 yards a carry with multiple contributors. If they bring on Bell and you assume he is the most talented (I do not) then you relegate one of their better and favorite players (White) to a non entity.

Dolphins would be dumb. You have to think Bills or Chiefs.

Why?

More snaps, probably a better contract, and he doesn't have to live in either of those two godforsaken hell holes.

In 2017 the Steelers had 1667 yards rushing for a 3.8 Average with Bell being the lead back gaining nearly 1,300 of the yards for a 4.0 Average. RB's also added 89 catches for 670 yards (7.5 ave) with Bell catching all but 4 of them. Pats conversely had a RB by committee approach with Lewis as the lead back and gained 1889 yards for a 4.2 Average. They also caught 126 balls for 957 yards (7.6 ave). This of course does not take into account OL and other factors but on its face it the Patriots approach was much more successful. No idea why Pats would want to go to the 1 back approach when they are currently averaging 5.1 yards a carry with multiple contributors. If they bring on Bell and you assume he is the most talented (I do not) then you relegate one of their better and favorite players (White) to a non entity.
Though I get what you are saying, and you are correct about the Pats RBBC approach working better in 2017, that was 2017 and it’s a completely different team with a highly modified offense now. You sign a guy like Bell with the hopes that it works out. If it does, he completely changes what the defense has to worry about when he’s in the game. A lot of our RB’s are one dimensional. Sure they can tote the rock here and there, but for the most part, everyone knows what is coming when White or Michel are in the game. I’m not advocating for the signing of Bell, but I’m not against it either. Just stating one of the several reasons that Bill would be interested in him.

Not good news for Pats if he lands with any of those teams. I hope it is the Fins.

Bell's output against the Pats:
Steelers
L 2013 (1 game) - Rushing 74 yds on 26 att; Receiving 65 yds on 4 receptions (10 targets)
L 2016 (2 games) - gm1 Rushing 81 yds on 21 att; Receiving 68 yds on 10 receptions (13 targets)
L 2016 (2 games) - gm2 Rushing 20 yds on 6 att; Receiving 0 yds on 0 receptions (0 targets)
L 2017 (1 game) - Rushing 117 yds on 24 att; Receiving 48 yds on 5 receptions (6 targets)
Jets
L 2019 (2 games) - gm1 Rushing 35 yds on 18 att; Receiving 28 yds on 4 receptions (4 targets)
L 2019 (2 games) - gm2 Rushing 70 yds on 15 att; Receiving 6 yds on 1 reception (4 targets)

Le'Veon Bell has never beaten the Patriots. In those 6 losses he has averaged 3.6 yds/carry & 8.95 yds/catch and only had one game with over 100 rushing yards.

The holes in the list: In 2014, the Steelers did not play the Patriots. In 2015, Bell was injured when the Steelers played the Patriots. In 2018, Bell sat out.

I don't think Bill is all that worried about Bell going to any team.

I say we sign him to a two
Year contract and back load a small
But decent salary (1-3million) into next year and give him an option to move on, but guarantee the money. Basically the jets still have to pay him, but he gets a little extra money for this year keeping him away from the competition.

Adam Gase is the best offensive mind in the NFL without question. He puts everyone in the best position to succeed with his amazing game planning skills if you just listen to him. If you can't cut it with Gase, you have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "what can I do better?"

Last edited:
So apparently Bell is in KC for a physical...

Why?

More snaps, probably a better contract, and he doesn't have to live in either of those two godforsaken hell holes.
Possibly on all accounts. I was thinking if he wants to actually win and be a contender, Miami isn't it. The other two teams have the talent to win and get into the playoffs with a potentially deep push.

Possibly on all accounts. I was thinking if he wants to actually win and be a contender, Miami isn't it. The other two teams have the talent to win and get into the playoffs with a potentially deep push.

If he wants to win, KC is it. If he wants more touches so that he can maximize his next contract, then Miami makes more sense...

Last edited:
Adam Gase is the best offensive mind in the NFL without question. He puts everyone in the best position to succeed with his amazing game planning skills if you just listen to him. If you can't cut it with Gase, you have to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself "what can I do better?"
In all seriousness I don't know how he still has a job. Look at his former/current Dolphins in the league, Tannehill, Kenyan Drake, Davante Parker, Mincah Fitzpatrick, Mike Gesicki, Damien Williams all played under Gase at some point and performed much better without him. Combine that with the numerous former players who have negative things to say about him and the fact that Darold looks as bad and as lost as ever it is a shock that he wasn't canned before Quinn or O'Brien.

What a loser mentality
Was it a "loser mentality" when we gained from players coming here because they wanted a legit chance at a ring? Or was that different?

I don't know Bell's priorities and it is tough to say what a player "should do" when you do not know what is important to them. But I will say this: If his #1 priority is to win a ring, even if it means less money and being #2 on the depth chart, then KC is easily the best selection from the teams (allegedly) interested in him. Heck, if all 32 teams were interested in him, KC would still be at the top or very near to the top of the list anyway.

HOWEVER, his history has shown he is very interested in money. So a ring may not necessarily be his top priority.

He's better in KC than Buffalo for us. We won't be seeing KC again and if we do he won't be the difference for them. It is a nice insurance though in case their rookie goes down or vice versa.

I say we sign him to a two
Year contract and back load a small
But decent salary (1-3million) into next year and give him an option to move on, but guarantee the money. Basically the jets still have to pay him, but he gets a little extra money for this year keeping him away from the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3