PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jacksonville Jaguars potential head coaches - early interview list

No legit HC in their right mind will want to coach under Baalke, much less McD.

By retaining Baalke, Khan is all but guaranteeeing additional years of obsolescence.
It would not shock me if these Coaches don’t know how bad Baalke is.

No legit HC in their right mind will want to coach under Baalke, much less McD.

By retaining Baalke, Khan is all but guaranteeeing additional years of obsolescence.
This.

Seriously considering turning in my jags card, which is awful considering what I have put up with twenty years of my life

This.

Seriously considering turning in my jags card, which is awful considering what I have put up with twenty years of my life
You'll be ahead of the game because they are sure to move eventually.

Josh McDaniels absolutely deserves to be top of the candidate list. Someone put me in touch with Khan, I will give a stellar reference.

Josh McDaniels is a no brainer for the following reasons, Mr. Khan:

- He has coached multiple young NFL QBs in his background. Jaguars want to groom their prize #1 pick.
- He's always been a very strong advocate to surround his QBs with WRs and RBs via high draft capital and FA capital. Lawrence will no doubt love to hear this.
- He was present during 3 different Superbowl winning teams. He has seen and been around a Championship-type atmosphere and culture.
- Belichick himself speaks very highly of McDaniels and has even gone as far to compare him in ways to Nick Saban.

Mr. Khan, you would be remiss to not give strong consideration for Josh McDaniels to join your franchise.

Last edited:
Josh McDaniels absolutely deserves to be top of the candidate list. Someone put me in touch with Khan, I will give a stellar reference.

- He has coached multiple young NFL QBs in his background. Jaguars want to groom their prize #1 pick.
- He's always been a very strong advocate to surround his QBs with WRs and RBs via high draft capital and FA capital. Lawrence will no doubt love to hear this.
- He was present during 3 different Superbowl winning teams. He has seen and been around a Championship-type atmosphere and culture.
- Belichick himself speaks very highly of McDaniels and has even gone as far to compare him in ways to Nick Saban.

Mr. Khan, you would be remiss to not give strong consideration for Josh McDaniels to join your franchise.
I agree, please please please consider JMcD

I agree, please please please consider JMcD

I am serious; I would be his best reference. McD should be the guy. Someone tell Khan to talk to dkf

Caldwell is a bit odd, but is a good coach, not a "rah rah" guy. Not impressed with Pederson. The rest are all maybes. Even BB was not great his first time with the Browns, so I always doubt OCs or DCs. Bowles is a steady guy, thoughtful, and had the disaster JETE as his team so maybe he is OK 2nd time around.

But the Jags have limited talent so who knows. I am not sure McDaniels is fit to be a head coach even though I think he is a great OC.

I saw you make a post the other day that didn't mention McDaniels once. I mean of course it was in the middle of like 876 posts about McDaniels, but still I was proud of you.

I saw you make a post the other day that didn't mention McDaniels once. I mean of course it was in the middle of like 876 posts about McDaniels, but still I was proud of you.

Thanks. One day at a time.
Seeing NKeal inexplicably play 95% of snaps, and losing 2 Dec games will do it.

Bucs coordinators ? I’d take a hard pass on both.
It's interesting when Brady is your QB and you win a championship and come back with another dominate season, other teams think you are good. I mean look at all the Pats assistants that got hired because of Brady and all of them flopped. Pretty certain that will happen with the Bucs too.

I did find Pederson getting fired strange.

Guy won the Super Bowl (with ****ing Nick Foles) made the playoffs the next two seasons then gets canned after one bad season.
Thats Filthedelphia

More that they're so desperate for a HC job they don't know what they're getting into, or that they're naive enough to think that Baalke will buy into their program.

They're getting a nasty shock come draft time, when he picks players that he likes, not players that will fit in the coach's program.

I find it strange McDaniels is nowhere to be found.

He probably doesn't want the job. Now that they committed to keeping Baalke, the Jaguars' job is a crap job. Having Lawrence is attractive, but having a clueless GM is career suicide especially for someone like McDaniels on his second shot as a head coach. If he fails this time, he is done as a head coach. And Baalke is a head coach killer.

A lot of the guys listed are damaged products who cannot be picky of their head coaching prospects.

They will likely sign Leftwich. It will be their mediocre QB coming home to be a mediocre head coach.

I'm good, thanks but no thanks...

Per Tom Pelissero:

1640809259621.gif

As long as they keep Baalke, they will never get a quality HC interested in that job.

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back