PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT-ish: Riveron to replace Blandinko as supervisor of officials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo what does this mean? Is the fix in again?

I will always wonder if Blandino resigned because he didn't want any part of the new centralized review process. The timing was so close one can't help but wonder if they were related.

I will always wonder if Blandino resigned because he didn't want any part of the new centralized review process. The timing was so close one can't help but wonder if they were related.

I had the same thought.

What I can't figure out is did he willingly resign to avoid the pending scrutiny or did a higher power force his ass out because he was completely over his head and unqualified?

I had the same thought.

What I can't figure out is did he willingly resign to avoid the pending scrutiny or did a higher power force his ass out because he was completely over his head and unqualified?

Or he was forced out so the commish could install his guy who would go along with calling games the way the league office wants.

Wasn't Blandino that guy?

Supposedly. But then the Patriots won the Super Bowl again in 2016. So now with Riveron (who the Patriots have an outstanding record under) the dreaded fix is in again.

Wasn't Blandino that guy?
I suppose we may never know. My point is that his resignation and the announcement of the new officiating process were so close together it has to make you wonder what the back story was with this.

Last edited:
I hated Blandino. He would lie and ******** his way through everything.

But BB always said he liked dealing with him, that he was clear and communicated things well and that may change. By most accounts I've seen, the owners seemed to have faith and confidence in Blandino. And several others have already publicly wondered whether the vote to centralize replay would have been different if the owners knew Blandino wouldn't be the guy doing it.

Sure, Blandino wasn't a referee. But that meant he probably had decent eyesight. And no matter what the league or Dean says, the timing is incredibly strange.

I had the same thought.

Wouldn't that be reason for a promotion in Goodell's NFL????

We've won 2 Super Bowls since BSGate. The "fix" thing is just stupid now. Tons of ways SB LI could have been fixed by refs and wasn't.

According to Michael Hurley, Riveron was in the bungling of DG up to his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft