OT-ish: Deflategate cuts against management for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Citing 2nd Circuit precedent in the Deflategate case, a NY federal district court today upheld an arbitrator's decision to cut Dennis Wideman's suspension against the NHL's attempt to overturn the arbitrator.

The court ruled that since the arbitrator "arguably considered" the CBA when rendering his ruling, the NHL could not overturn it.

Well, when people were assuming the democrat judges would support Brady (the union) and the republican judges would support Goodell (management), I remember making the claim that this wasn't the typical union v. management case based on the fact that it could just as likely have been management seeking to overturn an unfair arbitrator's agreement.

So...... :D:D

Well, when people were assuming the democrat judges would support Brady (the union) and the republican judges would support Goodell (management), I remember making the claim that this wasn't the typical union v. management case based on the fact that it could just as likely have been management seeking to overturn an unfair arbitrator's agreement.

So...... :D:D

It has zero to do with party affiliation at those appears or higher levels. It has to do with who pays who. The absolute grade school level of knowledge Judge Chin showed (a very intelligent person from what I know) proves it was a sham from the start. The fact that they didn't take stand for the little guy when it was shown the NFL lied in its ruling was another.

I kept trying to explain to my coworkers why I was so concerned by the court's rulings, and they laughed when I told them that it was going to set a new precedent for labor law and arbitration. Interesting developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes