PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Is this Rodgers last season in Green Bay?

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers are not giving Rodgers any assurances after next season. If he does go, what team do you think he goes to? The one thing I will say, is the Packers are pretty loaded. This isn't the same as Brady leaving the Pats when our roster was putrid. GB has been 13-3 the last 2 seasons and LaFleur seems like a decent coach.

Samson: Packers will move on from Aaron Rodgers after 2021 season - CBSSports.com

From what I have read, Love is a bust who struggles to complete passes in practice.

Looks like the Packers are not giving Rodgers any assurances after next season. If he does go, what team do you think he goes to? The one thing I will say, is the Packers are pretty loaded. This isn't the same as Brady leaving the Pats when our roster was putrid. GB has been 13-3 the last 2 seasons and LaFleur seems like a decent coach.

Samson: Packers will move on from Aaron Rodgers after 2021 season - CBSSports.com
Where he goes depends on his priorities. He has shown himself to be a guy interested in making as much money as possible. However, as he reaches the twilight of his career, he may decide to focus more on legacy; i.e. getting a 2nd ring.

Can Rodgers pulled a brady? Play into his late 40s? He had the second highest QB rating of his career this past season

Depending on the price, hopefully it’s his first season with us..

Really doubt it. The money and contract duration he will want to command will be way out of the value margins BB sets for the QB position.

If BB wouldn't even exceed it for the greatest QB to ever play the game, he's not going to exceed it for Rodgers.

Can Rodgers pulled a brady? Play into his late 40s? He had the second highest QB rating of his career this past season

Relying on athleticism is the first thing to go. It’s why I laugh at the idea of Mahomes throwing darts downfield while sideways into his mid 30s.

Easy choice, it's the 49ers. Like Tom, he really wanted them to draft him and the rumor was he frequently gave McCarthy a hard time for pushing the 49ers to draft Alex Smith over him.

With that being said, Kyle Shanahan's arrogance will take over and he will tell Aaron Rodgers "no thank you".

Easy choice, it's the 49ers. Like Tom, he really wanted them to draft him and the rumor was he frequently gave McCarthy a hard time for pushing the 49ers to draft Alex Smith over him.

With that being said, Kyle Shanahan's arrogance will take over and he will tell Aaron Rodgers "no thank you".

Is Rodgers the type of guy who wants to go play in the toughest division in football?

Is Rodgers the type of guy who wants to go play in the toughest division in football?
Probably not, but I don't think he'd pass up his only chance to play for them.

There would be no chance Kyle Shannahan would not take Aaron Rodgers if he had the opportunity. Probably the only teams in the league who wouldn't would be the the cowboys and the native american tribal leaders in kansas city... whether they could afford him is a different story

I would take him here in a heartbeat, uranus sized ego included...

If he is still playing well I cannot see the Packers letting him go... They just witnessed us make that same very bad decision in letting the goat walk out the door for greener pastures...

The sweet spot for moving on from Rodgers is after next season, not after this season.

1616707269747.png

That aligns with year 4 of the Jordan Love deal

1616707336795.png

So, assuming Love looks to be legit in the eyes of the Packers, the smart play seems to be playing Rodgers this year and next, and then picking up Love's 5th year option while letting him take over as the Packers starting QB in his 4th season.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back