PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Integrity of the Game? End of Ravens Game (youtube..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous defecation on the spirit of the game of football...agree/disagree?

Because it's Harbaby and his history of running to mommy when someone got a bit too clever for him.

Other than that it's within the rules I guess.

I don't have a problem with it because it's within the rules but because it's Harbaby, I do have a problem with his hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy, in general, is annoying. If this were the Pats, you'd see players, fans, writers, commentators, etc. claiming the Patriots were bending the rules and "cheating" yet again. The league would also change the rules in the off-season to make it illegal.

The hypocrisy, in general, is annoying. If this were the Pats, you'd see players, fans, writers, commentators, etc. claiming the Patriots were bending the rules and "cheating" yet again. The league would also change the rules in the off-season to make it illegal.

Pretty much all the proof you need that the Pats live rent free in the minds of the rest of the league.

And I don't care how arrogant it sounds, but it also tells me that we matter...way more than other teams. Every twitch the Pats make is a gale force wind to other teams...all of whom can suck it (except the Saints)

guess that's sorta my point...will the damnable Omissioner CHANGE the rules to reflect THIS obvious example of disgustingly bad sportsmanship perpetrated by Harbawl the stool pigeon scumbag? Sorta doubt it since it IS a REAL blemish, a STAIN on the history of the sport to deliberately break the rules EN MASSE. What's to stop him from calling for his players to break opposing players arms and legs next time? Will Shytheadell even admit this scene today was totally bereft of ANY integrity whatsoever? I think not.

On a Side note: How clueless were the commentators? Holy crapola man

"Holding probably will be called" ??????

Fouts: "The Bengals will get another play" You clueless Douche.

To me delibritly commuting a foul on the instruction of the coach is cheating not just unsportsmanlike.

When we used the ineligible lineman the ravens had a fair chance they just were too slow to identify what they needed to do. The bengals did not have a fair chance

Aside from the Greg Hardy types, there is no one I hate more in the NFL, and maybe sports, than that whiny little ******* John Harbaugh.

Nevermind the SBs, playoff wins, MVPs, TD's, etc. Brady's greatest accomplishment was telling him to go study the rulebook.

Seems like a pretty heady call.

From my eye looks like at least 9 Bengals were held by the Ravens... time to contact the rules committee, on second thought...

• Rich McKay (chairman) – president, Atlanta Falcons
  • John Mara – owner, New York Giants
  • Stephen Jones – owner, Dallas Cowboys
  • Mark Murphy – president, Green Bay Packers
  • Ozzie Newsome – general manager, Baltimore Ravens
  • Rick Smith – general manager, Houston Texans
  • Marvin Lewis – head coach, Cincinnati Bengals
  • Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Bruce Arians – head coach, Arizona Cardinals
  • Tom Coughlin – senior advisor, NFL Football Operations
  • John Elway – general manager, Denver Broncos

Only thing I took out of that video is how absolutely pathetic and spineless the Bengals are. I saw a number of Bengal players not just being held, but were in headlocks. And they didnt put up a fight. No pushing, no shoving, no yelling. I expect a Marvin Lewis team to be treated like a red headed step child, but have a little pride. With the Bengals finally having a losing season, they may actually be a contender next season if ownership finally smartens up and get rids of Lewis.

As for the intentional safety, smart play. Using the rules for your benefit. And I agree, if the PAts did it there would be an uproar today.

Last edited:
Only thing I took out of that video is how absolutely pathetic and spineless the Bengals are. I saw a number of Bengal players not just being held, but were in headlocks. And they did put up a fight. No pushing, no shoving, no yelling. I expect a Marvin Lewis team to be treated like a red headed step child, but have a little pride. With the Bengals finally having a losing season, they may actually be a contender next season if ownership finally smartens up and get rids of Lewis.

As for the intentional safety, smart play. Using the rules for your benefit. And I agree, if the PAts did it there would be an uproar today.

If the Pats did it, there would be an uproar that would last weeks.

If the Pats did it against the Ravens, we wouldn't hear the ****ing end of it from Harbaby for several years. That whiny little ***** is still going to complain about that decades later, like Shula and the snow plow (which admittedly did cross multiple lines and was absolutely, positively awesome).

On a Side note: How clueless were the commentators? Holy crapola man

"Holding probably will be called" ??????

Fouts: "The Bengals will get another play" You clueless Douche.

Ian Eagle was no better: "No one's rushing him...Nobody has even come close to Koch."

Fouts: "That one at the 25 may be against the Bengals for holding the gunner. So we may have offsetting penalties here."

Neither of them noticed holding during the play? Especially when Baltimore was intentionally trying to hold? It didn't occur to either of them that the Ravens might be doing that to keep the Bengals away from the punter and let the clock run out? It makes you wonder how Fouts, in particular, can detect something a lot more subtle, like pass interference (offensive or defensive), if he's completely baffled by this play.

I've got no problem with this tactic. It's smart and within the rules. As others have stated, if the Patriots did this, ESPN would have Polian pounding a desk with his shoe and Brunell crying about it. At these officials threw penalty flags. When the Ravens did the same thing near the end of the SB, the officials didn't even bother calling a penalty on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes