PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: How risky is takeout food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, our rule of thumb is that anything that comes into our house has to be either thoroughly washed/disinfected, thoroughly cooked, or left to sit in "quarantine" for several days. This has made delicate foods like salad and fresh berries the subject of fantasy.

One thing to remember is that the paper that is the source of the "1 day on cardboard, 2-3 days on plastic/stainless" was doing the testing at room temperature.

Viruses in general (so presumably this one) last considerably longer in cold temperatures. So for example I would not assume a cardboard thing (like an egg carton) put in your fridge would have it all gone after a day.

I really wish someone would do a surface study at different temperatures and on different foods.

OMG. You should wear a hazmat suit. I mean just read the over the top germaphobes on this thread. I mean hide in your basement wearing a goofy mask.

Create an airlock for everything to pass through!! Have a decontamination tent after the airlock!!!

Went to Walmart today. Roads and store packed with people. Only 25% wearing goofy masks.

OMG..we are all gonna diiiiiieeee!!!!

Meh...same as 2018 flu season.
tenor.gif

I did Grubhub last night...

...sushi.

In my will, I've left all my "likes" in a trust for @Ian to distribute as he sees fit.

Regards,
Chris

OMG. You should wear a hazmat suit. I mean just read the over the top germaphobes on this thread. I mean hide in your basement wearing a goofy mask.

Create an airlock for everything to pass through!! Have a decontamination tent after the airlock!!!

Went to Walmart today. Roads and store packed with people. Only 25% wearing goofy masks.

OMG..we are all gonna diiiiiieeee!!!!

Meh...same as 2018 flu season.
Where do you live Genius?

It is sad to see people who are clearly suffering from OCD (yes I was a psych prof for 33 years until retirement) and other anxiety disorders and somehow making
SmartSelect_20191017-141556_Firefox.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey