Not open for further replies.

maust

Just Another Guy
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score

Many of us have been thumping the HoF drum for Tom Flores & Don Coryell for a lot of years now. We should all be happy about this. It's probably just the cynic in me preventing me from truly enjoying it. I mean, Flores finally making the cut to finalist in a year where the league desperately wants to look inclusively woke, that's just a coincidence...right?

Many of us have been thumping the HoF drum for Tom Flores & Don Coryell for a lot of years now. We should all be happy about this. It's probably just the cynic in me preventing me from truly enjoying it. I mean, Flores finally making the cut to finalist in a year where the league desperately wants to look inclusively woke, that's just a coincidence...right?
I had the exact same reaction. Both Flores and Plunkett deserve to be in. Ultimately what it comes down to is the League is finally doing the right thing, just for the wrong, self-serving reason.

I had the exact same reaction. Both Flores and Plunkett deserve to be in. Ultimately what it comes down to is the League is finally doing the right thing, just for the wrong, self-serving reason.

And there's something new :rolleyes:

As much as Gino Cappelletti should be in, Houston Antwine was even better and deserves to be in Canton even more. His stats and testaments of his peers are enough, but there are some old timers here who were lucky enough to see him play. He impacted games from his position as much as Andre Tippett.

One of the unacceptable excuses is that his team won only one playoff game.

In five of his first six seasons, the Patriots went to one championship game, and finished 1, 1 1/2, 1 1/2 and 1/2 games out of first place and the postseason, which usually consisted entirely of the title game. The Boston Patriots were good until 1967, and I think Houston was the best on a team with a lot of AFL stars.

As much as Gino Cappelletti should be in, Houston Antwine was even better and deserves to be in Canton even more. His stats and testaments of his peers are enough, but there are some old timers here who were lucky enough to see him play. He impacted games from his position as much as Andre Tippett.

One of the unacceptable excuses is that his team won only one playoff game.

In five of his first six seasons, the Patriots went to one championship game, and finished 1, 1 1/2, 1 1/2 and 1/2 games out of first place and the postseason, which usually consisted entirely of the title game. The Boston Patriots were good until 1967, and I think Houston was the best on a team with a lot of AFL stars.

They were both good players, but I don't think either deserved to be in the Hall based on accomplishments on the field.

Gino gets the nod because he was the the face/voice of the franchise from its earliest days. If that pushed Gino over the top I wouldn't argue, but it's still borderline.

No one is more deserving than Edgerrin James though.

No surprise here if Park Avenue let it somehow be known to the voters that some candidates should be given stronger consideration than others...Still, Flores has been a top candidate for a while, mainly because of those first 7 years as HC of the Raiders...Those last 5 years, however...

At this point I would consider him for election more as a Contributor than as a Player or even Coach...and yeah I'd probably vote for him, depending on the quality of the other candidates.

Though Flores and Plunkett to me were always borderline candidates, I’ve seen enough players coaches get in that I felt weren’t as good as those two, so now I’m just like “they should be in.”

I mean, if Eli doophus Manning is going in first ballot (which we all know he is, deserving or not) than I would have to believe Plunkett is more than deserving since I see them as similar QB’s.

Though Flores and Plunkett to me were always borderline candidates, I’ve seen enough players coaches get in that I felt weren’t as good as those two, so now I’m just like “they should be in.”

I mean, if Eli doophus Manning is going in first ballot (which we all know he is, deserving or not) than I would have to believe Plunkett is more than deserving since I see them as similar QB’s.
Plunkett is light years better than Eli.

They were both good players, but I don't think either deserved to be in the Hall based on accomplishments on the field.

Gino gets the nod because he was the the face/voice of the franchise from its earliest days. If that pushed Gino over the top I wouldn't argue, but it's still borderline.
Hard to read this and not conclude Gino belongs

Gino Cappelletti - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes