PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Have the Chiefs lost their swag?

amfootball

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
The Chiefs very easily could be 0-2 if not for the two brain farts by the Browns punter and Mayfield. Have they lost their swag? Their games seem a lot of tougher and all of a sudden their division is really good. Is the SB loser hangover real? It sure seems like Brady may have broken another QB/franchise.

Their offense is just as insane as it ever was. Their defense looks suspect. All I know is it's only been 2 games, and Super Bowl winning teams have looked worse after 2 games in the past.

It seems Clyde Edwards-Helaire is their Sony Michel in that all their fans do is complain about him being a bust despite reasonable production.

I’d like to think so but imo they are still afc favorites long as maholmes, hill, and kelse are healthy. That d looks a bit suspect though.

Baltimore was due to beat them

The true test will be when the inevitable injuries hit. IIRC they had nobody on IR and their injury report was bare this week. That is unheard of and they will "regress to the mean".......but yeah, Brady did in another team.......
Falcons have nevee been the same.. but at least they had their halftime of the Super Bowl celebration....

They have a mediocre roster that is carried by one of the greatest trios in NFL history with Mahomes, Tyreek & Kelce. They will struggle to win games vs. teams with an elite CB to put on Kelce & then double Hill.

Went to bed, 35-24 in q3. And the Ratbirds put 12-0 on them to win….not just the chiefs defense is suspect

A bit of an overeaction. If CEH holds onto the ball, they would be 2-0. Same as with Damien Harris and the Pats losing to the Fins last week. However, there are some concerns with that team, especially on defense.

They are what the NFL wants: A team that is never out of a game because they can score three touchdowns in two and half minutes. But also a team that has never truly WON a game until the final buzzer for the same reason. If the NFL could make every team in the league the Chiefs, they would. But man, do I personally hate that kind of game. Maybe once in a while for a change of pace, but the Chiefs live that every week.

Their defense sucks.

This.

As long as you have Mahomes, you don't lose your swag.

They've become today's version of Peyton's Colts.

And basically this.

Biggest difference being that Brady is not in their way in the AFC so Mahomes should get to more SBs.

The Chiefs have a GREAT offense, but their defense is absolute TRASH! They got owned by a QB who cannot pass the ball and a bunch of JAG RBs. Sure, Lamar is probably the most dynamic runner in the game, but they run an high school offense and everybody knows they will run on most plays. Force them to throw and you will get what happened in the first half. KC's D is so bad that they could not contain the Ravens' run game AT ALL!

Against the Browns, they got lucky and should have lost to. Mostly for the same reasons, they could not stop the run at all.

I expect them to lose at least one to the Raiders and Broncos too.

---

My biggest takeaway from last night is that the AFC is wide open and inferior to the NFC by quite a lot. I expect the Rams or the Bucs (or even the Cards) to mop the floor with whoever comes out of the AFC (Chiefs, most likely). Ravens are flawed and have a lot of injuries. Browns should be great, but Mayfield is meh. Bills are good, but Allen is overrated. Who else can contend? NFC have the Bucs, the Rams and the Cards as strong contenders. I think the Cowboys, Seahawks and 49ers are also good teams that could surprise.

Also, can we talk about how BAD this interception was by Mahomes? Up 11 and he lets the Ravens back in with this Mayfield type throw, maybe worse. I thought he said he was going to stop doing this type of stuff and play more efficiently?

Their offense is actually just Mahomes and Tyreek. No one can really stop this duo. If you put 2 or 3 guys on Tyreek, then wide open spaces on the field are available for receiver #2 and Kelce. Tyreek is a freak and Mahomes is great, but I wonder about Mahomes when he loses Tyreek. If suddenly the spaces on the field tighten, then what?

That defense can easily come together as defenses often do, but the problems usually show up in the playoffs.

Regardless, KC is vulnerable. The Ravens are not that great.

Very suspect on defense.

Also, can we talk about how BAD this interception was by Mahomes? Up 11 and he lets the Ravens back in with this Mayfield type throw, maybe worse. I thought he said he was going to stop doing this type of stuff and play more efficiently?

He’s made a ton of questionable throws like that in his career. They just usually either fall incomplete or they’re somehow caught.

He’s made a ton of questionable throws like that in his career. They just usually either fall incomplete or they’re somehow caught.
Having that level of arm talent is both a blessing and a curse IMO.

The Chiefs very easily could be 0-2 if not for the two brain farts by the Browns punter and Mayfield. Have they lost their swag? Their games seem a lot of tougher and all of a sudden their division is really good. Is the SB loser hangover real? It sure seems like Brady may have broken another QB/franchise.
No.

Chiefs will be fine this season.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes