PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Has Aaron Rodgers Quit on GB?

I mean, if the man is anything like Rodney from Caddyshack then he sounds like a legend.

rodney dangerfield dancing GIF by RETRO-FIEND

Can you explain how you think an interview in which he ruminates on the fleeting nature of fame and life, and how the NFL is turning to new, young QBs, is an example of his diva attitude and self-centered approach?
It's no different than what he did yesterday being an internet bully/troll with Atlanta's 28-3 blown SB lead or constantly being passive-aggressive in his daily interviews. Do we really need daily, puke inducing interviews from ANY athlete like this? I mean, have some class and professionalism. And, you know Arians is running a loose ship thinking this is all so cool with his little hats and sunglasses he lazily drives around at their practices in his little golf cart.

Or, the other interview Brady did this week implying he wasn't supported by BB while in NE. It's constantly about himself like what Rodgers is doing.

He's basically trying to say that he should be undefeated in SBs in NE and any mistakes he made as the QB were not his doing, which is hilarious to me because his selflessness early in his career, classy comments, humble attitude is what made him. Made him. You can't admit he got a huge head at some point while playing in NE? Really?

Now he can just sit back in an easy offensive era with an All Start cast of weapons around and him and get favorable calls in TB now he's off the Pats.

It's quite the spectacle, really. Denying Tom isn't in love with himself at this point is pretty funny.

Last edited:

I feel sorry for the caddy with the glasses in the background... I believe he & other caddies originally had more lines in the film, but once the writers began to see what they had with Ted Knight/Rodney/Bill Murray/Chevy Chase, the focus turned less toward the kids and more toward the adults...

IMO, yes. He's taken the Brady Diva lead very well this offseason with the passive-aggressive behavior, for attention and an attempt at control.

The guy makes 36 mil per year, just got married and acts like a teenager loose on social media. It's pretty embarrassing and absolutely ridiculous to watch a guy like that play the victim game in that position, especially with all the bad stuff going on in the world. We have people dying left and right and front line workers sacrificing so much, and we have to watch these divas like this? It's repulsive, but Brady started this and now you have a lot of QBs in the league feeling emboldened. Russell Wilson is another.

I am just glad we dealt with our issue and flipped the switch, because I can see this happening in Pitt next with Ben. There's a lot more to that position that posting fantasy stats in an easier offensive era.
Maybe, but is he a metrosexual?

Absolutely. He's very concerned about image. I remember when Mike Reiss said Giselle "encouraged" Brady to get on Facebook. It's like why? Who does that at age 40? Why would he care so much about projecting this branding and image to this degree? I thought only old ladies used Facebook. Just bizarre behavior to want to act more childish as you grow older, in my opinion.

Yes. And old. It was high time we moved on from him and drafted a millennial. Millennials, being the best generation the planet has ever seen, are more suited for the job nowadays.

I'd love to read through BBs book on "how to work with Millennials" that Mike Lombardi talked about recently. Hilarious stuff. I can only imagine what's in there.

The pushing of his brand, which is just completely obnoxious is like Brady trying to copy MeBron James. I don't like that at all and I don't like the obsession with Brady desperately trying to show he's great. We get it, dude. You are great. Act like an adult instead of scorned teenager.
This is rich from the only guy on the forum that can't stop obsessing over Brady on a ARod thread.

BB never let Brady down as a GM
That's a good one.
Luuked? He was one of Bill's most loyal salad-tossers, but I don't recall him ever disparaging Brady like this...
Nobody would shock me at this point. There was a mass exodus of posters feeling betrayed after Brady left and during the season when Bill was taking a beating from the major media. Some came back during the offseason and those posters took a massive beating only to disappear again. Then reappeared to beat their chests after the media praised Bill for his spending spree. Some never came back.

I will say I've noticed the amount of Homers or Team Bill posters have have reduced significantly.

Has Rodgers quit on GB? Yes and GB won't trade him because they know they messed up on Love.

It's only one game and remember Brady getting embarrassed 31-0 in 2003 after Bill releasing Lawyer Milloy? The team was supposed to of hated their Coach. I think GB recovers, but I've been saying for quite some time their roster is not good and will get exposed again sometime in the playoffs. WR's/TE outside of Adams doesn't scare anybody. Good defenses have no problem defending them. Defense is average.

It looks like he quit on the team, but it was one game. He didn't play all preseason. It could be rust. Or he is just going through the motions until either the coach and GM are fired or he is traded to the Broncos or another team. Knowing Rodgers' attitude and diva complex, it definitely can be the latter.

I wouldn't say Brady ever quit on the Patriots, but he clearly was less than he could have been in 2019. You can blame either him or Belichick for the cause of it (depending on which side of the fence you come down on in that debate), but he was mopey and didn't seem to be into playing like he usually was and his performance on the field appeared to suffer. Granted he had little to work with other than Edelman and White as receivers.

What I don't understand is what Rodgers motivation is? What can another team him offer that is so much better than he already has? Is it just a matter of respect that he feels GB hasn't given him.

What I don't understand is what Rodgers motivation is? What can another team him offer that is so much better than he already has? Is it just a matter of respect that he feels GB hasn't given him.
He wants more control or say so from what I've been able to gather.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back