PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Hall of Fame game

In fairness Stidham looked quite good in some preseason games for us too. Rookie year I seem to remember.
I know it was pre season and all that but if the Raiders get it together than they could be exciting to watch when the real stuff begins.

Fell asleep because of the late start, woke up around 1030, turned it off.. was it just a glorified scrimmage, like most hof games have been?

See a few posts lauding stidham... He always looked decent in no pressure situations... Not surprised he looked better than most out there

If Stiddy can make a name for himself as a backup good for him. It’s not a bad gig to have in the NFL.

I feel like trading Stidham for a 7th and drafting Bailey Zappe for a fourth might of been a meh move.

I didn't watch the game, so there may be some nuance I'm missing, but this stat line (in a preseason game where no one significant really played) doesn't scream "regret" to me:

8/15, 96 yards, 6.4 YPA, 0 TD, 0 Int, 73.2 rating, 1 rush for a 12 yard TD.

Fell asleep because of the late start, woke up around 1030, turned it off.. was it just a glorified scrimmage, like most hof games have been?

See a few posts lauding stidham... He always looked decent in no pressure situations... Not surprised he looked better than most out there
It was what you would expect from the first preseason game. Especially under rainy conditions at the outset. Sloppy football. The first preseason game has always been about watching the trenches and seeing the rookies in live action.

I didn't watch the game, so there may be some nuance I'm missing, but this stat line (in a preseason game where no one significant really played) doesn't scream "regret" to me:

8/15, 96 yards, 6.4 YPA, 0 TD, 0 Int, 73.2 rating, 1 rush for a 12 yard TD.
He played with poise showed zipped on the ball didn’t turn it over.
Looked perfectly capable of being a number 2.

I feel like trading Stidham for a 7th and drafting Bailey Zappe for a fourth might of been a meh move.
I mean, he was 8/15, and threw like 10 screens. I dunno. he was Stidham-looking to me.

If Stiddy can make a name for himself as a backup good for him. It’s not a bad gig to have in the NFL.
I would argue that it is the best gig to have in the NFL. No risk of injury, get more $$$ than other backups, get a front row seat to games (and a headset as well), and have relative anonymity to the public compared to qb1.

I know it was pre season and all that but if the Raiders get it together than they could be exciting to watch when the real stuff begins.
i thought they looked decent last year...and they improved personnel this year. Could be a team on the rise

i thought they looked decent last year...and they improved personnel this year. Could be a team on the rise

Given everything that happened off the field for them last year, and losing their coach part way, it would have been easy for them to pack it in and suffer a lost season. Even if you blame Staley for blowing that last game, the fact that the Raiders were even in position to make the playoffs with a win there was impressive. We'll see if McDaniels can get that same drive out of them, but there's some character (and now more talent) on that team for sure. AFC West is going to be a blast to watch.

Given everything that happened off the field for them last year, and losing their coach part way, it would have been easy for them to pack it in and suffer a lost season. Even if you blame Staley for blowing that last game, the fact that the Raiders were even in position to make the playoffs with a win there was impressive. We'll see if McDaniels can get that same drive out of them, but there's some character (and now more talent) on that team for sure. AFC West is going to be a blast to watch.

A loaded AFC West helps us with our wild card hunt....happy to be playing the AFC North instead...especially with Watson out in week 6 @ Cleveland, Steelers breaking in a new QB/offense in week 2, the Ravens at home in week 3, and finally the Bengals on X-mas eve at home. At least, we get the Raiders in Vegas...while likely on a two week stay out west with the Cardinals the week before...plus we see them for joint practices too and know McD. I'd hate to play the Chargers, Chiefs, and Broncos 2X. We already need to deal with the Bills.

Tough week. First the Brady drama. Then fecking Stidham on National TV. This week can't be over soon enough.

My old man had a taste for Moxie
And if Moxie was not available.....Tab

Myself, I do enjoy a Fresca now and then

Who’s old enough to remember Fizzies?

While I agree with her guilty verdict 100%, 9 is a bit much. But, they are a sovereign nation. She played a stupid game and got her prize.

Yep… **** her; I hope she rots… and this is coming from someone who loves drugs…

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back