PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Great article on Flo and some insight into what he's learned since being in NE

I love the guy as a DC but no thanks on him being a head coach especially with a rookie QB. Flores butted heads with Tua and yanked him out as a starter a couple times in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of working through Tua's growing pains. Now Tua has an offensive minded head coach who believes in him and he is an MVP candidate.

I love the guy as a DC but no thanks on him being a head coach especially with a rookie QB. Flores butted heads with Tua and yanked him out as a starter a couple times in favor of Ryan Fitzpatrick instead of working through Tua's growing pains. Now Tua has an offensive minded head coach who believes in him and he is an MVP candidate.
Was an MVP candidate. Tua came back to earth several weeks ago. So has Jalen Hurts. They’re both average.

The writer does good work digging up stuff but then draws the conclusion that Belichick doesn't joke or laugh with his players.

1-7 or so against teams above .500, that says alot about a QB with that offense around him (and a pretty solid if not a quite good def), Flores might not have been that wrong about Tua, he is not going to make a team around him good or win when they play real opponents so not gonna count it against flores here, Tua is a fraud

Was an MVP candidate. Tua came back to earth several weeks ago. So has Jalen Hurts. They’re both average.
Either way he was playing at an MVP level for a good portion of this season and Flores didn't seem to know how to develop and work with him.

1-7 or so against teams above .500, that says alot about a QB with that offense around him (and a pretty solid if not a quite good def), Flores might not have been that wrong about Tua, he is not going to make a team around him good or win when they play real opponents so not gonna count it against flores here, Tua is a fraud
I am not some huge Tua fan. I think a large part of why Tua was an MVP candidate is because McDaniel is a great play caller/offenive mind, Tyreek Hill was on a tear, the running game was great, and the defense was solid enough to let the Dolphins control most games. Now with Hill being hampered by injuries as well as Waddle being banged up, Mostert being banged up, and tons of injuries to the defense he has come back to earth. McDaniel and the GM know what Tua needs to succeed and when he has what he needs he plays well. When those pieces around him are stripped he looks average. Flores seemed to be in the Bill mold of "You work with what I give you" and we have seen how that worked out for Tua early on and obviously Mac. I don't want to see a repeat of that mentality with a rookie QB.

I find Flores and interesting candidate. It would be useful to have someone with experience in Bills defense since it's our only strength right now.

I also prefer not to have a first time Head Coach.

My preference would be someone offensive minded and retaining Mayo or Stephen as DC. I realize the kids probably follow their dad and Mayo has HC aspirations of his own so that might not be good long-term.

Either way he was playing at an MVP level for a good portion of this season and Flores didn't seem to know how to develop and work with him.
Tua stinks

Tua stinks
And he has a coach that can get him to an MVP level for a decent period of time. Flores didn't even want to start him.

And he has a coach that can get him to an MVP level for a decent period of time. Flores didn't even want to start him.

You'll see why on Saturday night.

Flores seems like a really good guy and that was a very good article. Thanks for sharing it. As far as a head coaching candidate goes for the Pats, that ship has sailed. Too many reports peg him as a Belichick wannabe as opposed to the person he actually is, especially if JMac’s account of things are to be taken at face value. I wouldn’t want that. Sounds as though he needs to find his style and be comfortable with it. I’d rather have him figure it out some place else first.

He benched him 4 times in his rookie year by my count. All I need to know to never want him with a rookie QB.

Only Bill disciple I want is Mayo. Rest can take a hike.

Last edited:
I like Mayo, I like Vrabel, and I like Flo; ….,

hmmm sounds like my Rooney Rule list that can’t go wrong any which way you decide.

But I could live (like it) w BB still here in some way, shape, or form too. I’m maybe too flexible for some of you. :evil:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back