PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: First bill for NFL Sunday Ticket came today

Status
Not open for further replies.
National games are a blessing of being a Patriots fan (although for how long now?).

That also means my DirecTV set up costs me $150 per game to watch.

My friends are all Lions fans. This year they have zero night games and one 4PM game. The only game broadcasting where we live will be Thanksgiving.

Even if 10 games are on national TV, the ST MAX package would cost $400/6 games = $66.66 per game.

Not sure where you are getting your $150-a-game figure from.

In addition, you need an antenna to see NBC, CBS, and FOX for free. Then you need the NFL Network/Amazon Prime Video to see TNF. Both do not come cheaply....at least $10/month for PRIME and NFLN is always on a higher sports tier package. Oh, then you need access to ESPN too which usually comes with most basic streaming packages ranging from $25 to $65 a month.

I get DTV for $75/month with free ST MAX. And that $75 gives me network TV, ESPN, NFLN, and as well as AMC which isn't available on many streaming platforms.

Even if 10 games are on national TV, the ST MAX package would cost $400/6 games = $66.66 per game.

Not sure where you are getting your $150-a-game figure from.

In addition, you need an antenna to see NBC, CBS, and FOX for free. Then you need the NFL Network/Amazon Prime Video to see TNF. Both do not come cheaply....at least $10/month for PRIME and NFLN is always on a higher sports tier package. Oh, then you need access to ESPN too which usually comes with most basic streaming packages ranging from $25 to $65 a month.

I get DTV for $75/month with free ST MAX. And that $75 gives me network TV, ESPN, NFLN, and as well as AMC which isn't available on many streaming platforms.

$80/month for DirecTV ($960) + $300 for Sunday Ticket is $1,260 total to watch 8 games. $157 per game. That was how I was doing the math.

I have an antenna and use Prime extensively already. Just need those 8 New England-market-only games.

I'll look into the ST MAX. Not sure what it is, but thank you in advance if it works out.

$80/month for DirecTV ($960) + $300 for Sunday Ticket is $1,260 total to watch 8 games. $157 per game. That was how I was doing the math.

I have an antenna and use Prime extensively already. Just need those 8 New England-market-only games.

I'll look into the ST MAX. Not sure what it is, but thank you in advance if it works out.

Yeah, DTV is $75 (or $80 in ur case) a month. However, ST is free if you are a "new customer" or whine enough over the phone...that works sometimes. And AT&T is giving me a $200 gift card for signing up....so, that pays for the "cancellation fee" I will be paying in February. Easier to quit/re-join to get ST than to whine to the customer retention folks.

I could mention a website but I don’t want to be banned. I ditched DTV a few months ago and it was totally worth it! I did ticket for 2-3 seasons but at the end it’s only worth it if you’re out of market and even then...

I have youtube-tv... and for the past r years have bought the international version of league pass which includes all the games live. I simply use a VPN. I even figured out a way to stream a different game to each of my 6 tvs on my game wall...that's a bit more complicated but where their is a will there is a way.

Either way a VPN aprox 150 bucks and you have Sunday ticket plus league pass.

Exactly this!

I actually ordered GamePass last year while in the UAE, out of necessity, and I pretty much did exactly as you've done. I've only got 4 TVs, but yes, that is the way.

Exactly this!

I actually ordered GamePass last year while in the UAE, out of necessity, and I pretty much did exactly as you've done. I've only got 4 TVs, but yes, that is the way.

I am not sure many on here understand what I was saying, could be wrong.

But to clarify just in case.

1. Get a VPN service
2. Put yourself in a different country, VPN wise (cheapest League Pass Intrrnational country preferred, prices vary by country, you can google the lowest cost country)
3. Sign up for league pass
4. Watch every game live just like Sunday Ticket

I subscribe to DAZN.com for $20 a month and you get all the games plus redzone. Not sure if this is Canada only but there are ways to get a different VPN.

I am not sure many on here understand what I was saying, could be wrong.

But to clarify just in case.

1. Get a VPN service
2. Put yourself in a different country, VPN wise (cheapest League Pass Intrrnational country preferred, prices vary by country, you can google the lowest cost country)
3. Sign up for league pass
4. Watch every game live just like Sunday Ticket

Yep, that's how I understood it.

I live in NY and have had the ticket for about 15 years. This is the first year I am really questioning it but I like to play fantasy and I like to gamble a bit and my favorite thing to do is watch the channel with like the 8 games at once on a 120 inch projecter screen in the man cave. I can get the single games via streaming methods but its still only 1 at a time. Im torn but my wife called and they will have their promo (usually call sept 1 or beyond) soon and for me if I can get it down to 40 a month its still probably worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back