PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Everson Griffen in trouble...

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Everson Griffen is having some sort of crisis. Called 911 and said there was an intruder in his house. Had discharged his firearm but no one hurt. Now won't come out of his home ...

He looks high AF on something. Hope the situation plays out alright. Could be the adrenaline. Idk. Looks strung out.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's on drugs, he's got a long history of mental health issues, part of which resembles this exact incident.

Weird that PFT still has no mention of the story.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume he's on drugs, he's got a long history of mental health issues, part of which resembles this exact incident.
This was my first thought as well. He's been here before and had mental health issues very recently I believe. Like maybe twice in the past year?

I always wonder how much of that stuff gets kicked down the road just to make sure guys are right on Sunday. Like how many really deal with their issues as opposed to masking it with other stuff (drugs, prescribed and not, money, sex etc) and keeping it all inside.

Man that’s concerning, hope he gets the help he needs. And he should not have access to firearms right now !

Wasn’t aware of the mental health issues. His lips looked dried out, his eyes were buggin. Either way, I hope it all turns out okay for him. Really sad that a guy with that sort of mental history is locked up in a room with a.loaded gun. He needs help, hope he gets it, or agrees to receive it. These teams have access to the best money can buy.

I knew that Griffen has had some mental health issues in the past. It's also why I said that he was having some sort of crisis because they weren't clear on what was going on.. I'm glad he's getting the help that he needs and pray that he can lead a fruitful life going forward.

Thats about as real as it gets with mental health or drug use. The scariest part is he’s holding a gun which can get himself killed by police if he does something random like point it even unitentionally.

Hope he’s ok. Can’t even imagine how overcrowded mental health hospitals would be in todays world if they were still around like in the pre early 80’s. Instead half of them are in prison or living or homeless. Defintely a huge need to bring them back and help a lot of these people.

Thats about as real as it gets with mental health or drug use. The scariest part is he’s holding a gun which can get himself killed by police if he does something random like point it even unitentionally.

Hope he’s ok. Can’t even imagine how overcrowded mental health hospitals would be in todays world if they were still around like in the pre early 80’s. Instead half of them are in prison or living or homeless. Defintely a huge need to bring them back and help a lot of these people.
There‘s the key. In 1981 Reagan cut Federal funding for mental health, which led to deinstitutionalization of seriously ill patients. That’s the reason we have some many people in prisons or homeless because they are mentally ill. Wonder how many other cases are in the NFL, like Damon Arnett, or the less obvious spousal abusers. And not just in the NFL but across our society.

There‘s the key. In 1981 Reagan cut Federal funding for mental health, which led to deinstitutionalization of seriously ill patients. That’s the reason we have some many people in prisons or homeless because they are mentally ill. Wonder how many other cases are in the NFL, like Damon Arnett, or the less obvious spousal abusers. And not just in the NFL but across our society.
It's amazing how people can be so critical of a politician from 40 years ago and blame him for a current problem. What did any of the many Presidents who followed do about the situation?

While you're at it you might as well criticize Andrew Jackson for enslaving the Indians in the 1800's.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back