PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dwight Freeney Available, Admits He'll Go "Anywhere"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is he is one of those guys who is like "oh crap, no one is signing me.... guess I have to pretend I am getting counseling......."

Maybe.....or he realizes what it's going to take to stop leaving money on the table

I don't want either guy.... But I would take hardy over freeney

I know everyone is different, but let's take a look at other DEs that arguably played at a high level towards the end of their careers:

2013 John Abraham with the Cardinals
2014 Ware with the Broncos,
2015 Dwight Freeney with the Cardinals had 8 sacks in 11 games.
We can even go further back to 2011 when we signed Andre Carter when he had 10 sacks, so we're definitely going to be more then ok with a guy like Long who's already here. I think he's a year older than Freeney but I have a feeling Long is a bit more motivated. Freeney is putting the carrot out for some team to go overboard.

Something to consider. I can see BB utilizing him and players like this Still go all out to compete. Came off a decent season and his experience is always a plus.

I know everyone is different, but let's take a look at other DEs that arguably played at a high level towards the end of their careers:

2013 John Abraham with the Cardinals
2014 Ware with the Broncos,
2015 Dwight Freeney with the Cardinals had 8 sacks in 11 games.
We can even go further back to 2011 when we signed Andre Carter when he had 10 sacks, so we're definitely going to be more then ok with a guy like Long who's already here. I think he's a year older than Freeney but I have a feeling Long is a bit more motivated. Freeney is putting the carrot out for some team to go overboard.

Freeney is about 5 yrs older.

My concern is he is one of those guys who is like "oh crap, no one is signing me.... guess I have to pretend I am getting counseling......."
I believe that is called Hardy Syndrome.........

Something to consider. I can see BB utilizing him and players like this Still go all out to compete. Came off a decent season and his experience is always a plus.

I think he'll be signed by a team after week 1 at the latest.

IMO, by the time a player says "I'll play anywhere," he's at the point where no teams will look at him unless they are in need of a short term solution or substitute.

I'm not so sure about Freeney, but Hardy can definitely protect the passer if the passer ever got attacked by a 108 pound woman....
Too soon? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST