PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Drew Brees (edit: announced his retirement today)

since 2013 the saints have played 9 playoff games and scored

7 of the 9 games were in a dome. thats terrible

I bet he's done. He took a beating this year. Both physically from injuries and I bet mentally from his teammates/piers with the kneeling comments. With all he has done both on and off the field for NO and the sport to take that kind of abuse simply for his opinion has got to be demoralizing.

Some posters were calling him "noodle arm" this year and I thought they were exaggerating, but after watching the playoffs, both Chicago and Tampa, I would have to agree with them and he should definitely retire.

Some posters were calling him "noodle arm" this year and I thought they were exaggerating, but after watching the playoffs, both Chicago and Tampa, I would have to agree with them and he should definitely retire.
pretty sure the interception he threw against the falcons on thanksgiving in 2018 was the start of his noodle arm. i think he messed up his shoulder on the tackle. saints offense sputtered after that and his arm has looked shot ever since

Hey @pherein2 what is your take? Do you think he'll be back in NO next year?

Brees used to carry the saints. now, it seems the team is "protecting him" thats a clear sign that they dont trust him as a QB to make plays anymore.

Its entirely possible they couldve won last nights game if they pulled him and put Winston in. I don't think Payton had the gall to end Brees career that way though. But it was telling when they ran the trick play with Winston throwing the ball deep instead of Brees.

Yep, hes kind of a liability at this point and its only gonna get worse for both him and the saints as a team. especially with no replacement in sight.

Payton should have benched Brees last night but he let the sentimentality of the game get to him.

Last edited:
What a dumb comment. Brees was a true class act and one of the greats.

I don't get why some pats/brady fans feel the need to denegrate any other elite QB or laugh that they are declining. We should enjoy watching them. Now that brady has 6 there's no need to. No one is touching him.

Because while he has outlasted all of them, some day Brady will go out the same way Brees and Manning have. Father time is undefeated.

I don't get why some pats/brady fans feel the need to denegrate any other elite QB or laugh that they are declining. We should enjoy watching them. Now that brady has 6 there's no need to. No one is touching him.

Because while he has outlasted all of them, some day Brady will go out the same way Brees and Manning have. Father time is undefeated.

I really felt that had Brees won the SB he would be viewed as a top 5ish QB. He would have all the stats and multiple rings. A truly special player, and you are correct, there is no need for some posters to pi$$ all over him because he's not Brady. Believe me, for the past 10 years, there has been an enormous amount of Manning hate on this board. Then when he retired the hate was directed towards Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes. It's just silly.

Last edited:
HOF career, one of the best to ever do it, and as fans of this team he is an example of how lucky we are. Brees is going to go down as unequivocally a top 10 QB ever and he won one ring in 2009, it took him 9 years to get it, he then spent the next 11 chasing his second.
As great as he's been, he had 5 seven win seasons out of 15 with NO (the Bountygate punishments seemed like a slap on the wrist compared to our seemingly biennial fleecing), with three of them coming from 2014-2016. I can't imagine this place if we get 2 more 7-9 seasons.

immaturity, or stupidity

We may never see an era where four of the top ten QBs (possibly top 5-6) of all time played in one era. I don't know if people will ever appreciate that we saw a time where Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers all played for the NFL at the same time. Other than Montana, there may not be another QB who was better than any of these four guys.

Was relevant in the postseason one season and that’s it. Overhyped, stat-padding dome quarterback.

Very good. Not great.

I’m sorry but you should have to be relevant for more than one playoff tournament in your entire career to get the kind of praise Brees gets.

Payton should have benched Brees last night but he let the sentimentality of the game get to him.

Also Hill was out. Maybe could have gone with Winston.

Actually curious : what do we think the score would've been if T Hill plays that game with a few Winston plays thrown in ? Not all turnovers were on Brees, but still...

I’m sorry but you should have to be relevant for more than one playoff tournament in your entire career to get the kind of praise Brees gets.

what about Rodgers, or Marino? You cant deny the talent level even if they don't have the postseason success he has.

No one has done what Brady has, and most likely never will.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back