PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don't forget... Do your Job 2 on @ 7:00 Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contrast that with the unbelievable diss BB threw at Tomlin that the Steelers really haven't changed their gameplan structure since the beginning of the Millenium - - - meaning the middle of the Cowher era.

This was broadcast on national TV. Coaching profession-wise, Tomlin has tire tracks on his back this morning.....

I would like to see the Pats reuse the exact game plan from the 2004 AFCCG against the Steelers, from the first end around to the game closing one. It would probably still work.

Jimmy Fallon is sometimes funny and most of the time over the top annoying

When he was on The Late, Late Show with the musical impressions and some of the other stuff he was OK. But since he's come over to The Tonight Show he's unwatchable.

Listen this board is so great and i am extremely grateful for it. If do your job 2 doesnt show how much thought and time go into winning and prove to our fanbase how dedicated the coaching staff is nothing will. There are no experts here.. miguel excluded and all the arm chair quarterbacking. Wow.. they noticed that julio jones hadnt been effective running a certain direction since dec 4th. And when the game started they realized he had healed and had been wrong. Also that 12 yd sack for a lose it didnt just happen by magic. Not only did the falcons have to be stupid enough to call a pass play but our coaching staff had to anticipate that they would be stupid enough to call pass play. Truly unbelievable. Its I think we can all rest assured that this staff is putting in the hours and if they make a mistake its because no ones perfect.
This. And I think it also amazing that they baited the ref to call holding on the Falcons LOT as they had previously scouted the ref's tendencies. The Pats had seen in a game against the Steelers (I think) that the ref called holding on the OT when the rusher went low and was pushed to the ground. If you remember, Hightower went low on the OT and was pushed to the ground. The penalty was not called and Hightower complained to the ref. Sure enough, on the next play Long went low to swim around the OT and was pushed to the ground. Penalty was called. Bingo! Just shows you that this staff leaves no stone uncovered. If I was a fan of another team watching this, I would be asking myself, "man does our team study and prepare to the level of these guys?" and "our team lost the game before we got off the bus". Also what to coaching staffs think when they see this? No wonder some of these opponents freak out and try to outsmart themselves.

This. And I think it also amazing that they baited the ref to call holding on the Falcons LOT as they had previously scouted the ref's tendencies. The Pats had seen in a game against the Steelers (I think) that the ref called holding on the OT when the rusher went low and was pushed to the ground. If you remember, Hightower went low on the OT and was pushed to the ground. The penalty was not called and Hightower complained to the ref. Sure enough, on the next play Long went low to swim around the OT and was pushed to the ground. Penalty was called. Bingo! Just shows you that this staff leaves no stone uncovered. If I was a fan of another team watching this, I would be asking myself, "man does our team study and prepare to the level of these guys?" and "our team lost the game before we got off the bus". Also what to coaching staffs think when they see this? No wonder some of these opponents freak out and try to outsmart themselves.

To be fair, if they didn't call holding on that play, they could probably have prosecuted the guy for attempted strangulation.

Listen this board is so great and i am extremely grateful for it. If do your job 2 doesnt show how much thought and time go into winning and prove to our fanbase how dedicated the coaching staff is nothing will. There are no experts here.. miguel excluded and all the arm chair quarterbacking. Wow.. they noticed that julio jones hadnt been effective running a certain direction since dec 4th. And when the game started they realized he had healed and had been wrong. Also that 12 yd sack for a lose it didnt just happen by magic. Not only did the falcons have to be stupid enough to call a pass play but our coaching staff had to anticipate that they would be stupid enough to call pass play. Truly unbelievable. Its I think we can all rest assured that this staff is putting in the hours and if they make a mistake its because no ones perfect.

While I agree that there are no NFL coaches posting here I would say that there are some damn good "arm chair QB's" that do. I've learned a lot about the game over the past few years from posters in this forum. Learned a bit about physics and law too. :D

Last edited:
I can see why Peyton Hillis hit on McDaniels' wife, I would have done it too.

While I agree that there are no NFL coaches posting here I would say that there are some damn good "arm chair QB's" that do. I've learned a lot about the game over the past few years from posters in this forum. Learned a bit about physics and law too. :D
Dikembe is Jeff Fisher. Keep it under your hat.

Anyone record it?

I would like to see the Pats reuse the exact game plan from the 2004 AFCCG against the Steelers, from the first end around to the game closing one. It would probably still work.

I love that Belichick just declared to the world on national TV NBC Sunday night that Tomlin is completely derivative.

Can't imagine that is going over too well in the Steeler offices.

:p:p:p

It looks like they are messing with us and rewrote the words "pink stripes" trying to copy the original. . The letter "P" , the first "i" and "t" are all interrupted letters and while close , it is not exact.... The lower leg of the letter "k" is rounded in one and straight in the other and the bottom of the "s" differs.

This is such an Ernie-like analysis of Ernie's whiteboard. "There are in fact two millimeters separating the 2016 'i' and 't', where a mere 1.73 millimeters separated the 2014 'i' and 't', and here's a graph where I charted the trajectory of the 'k' extremity for you." Ernie is totally influencing us, just like he does to the Patriots' staff. He is a powerful mystical entity.

I knew Ernie Adams was extremely important, and Do Your Job Part I actually showed more of that imo. Nick Caserio was the one staff member whom I had underrated.

Other key takeaways:

-The second down defensive play call on the ATL drive with the Julio catch was a gutsy and instinctive call from Patricia that was a gamble which paid off.

-The third down defensive call on that same drive way incredible foresight. Even I didn't anticipate they would have considered the officiating crew's tendencies while also understanding that Freeman wasn't a great blocker. On the previous play from the pressure by Long, Hightower planted the seed of getting Carl Cheffers to call a hold on the very next play. Generally speaking, I see more of this type of analysis in sports betting forums than from an actual NFL coaching staff.

-That Amendola was our best short yardage WR over someone like Jules. It seems DA has a greater wingspan than Jules which factored them into him catching the ball for the game tying 2 point conversion.

-BB having the foresight to actually not only realize there was good chance this would be a shootout, but then actually suggested it to his staff and as it turns out, the winning TD by White was our 3rd 2 point conversion play (normally we have 2 drawn up in any game) that would have been for Dion Lewis if he hadn't gotten injured earlier.

-It was interesting to note that the White 2 point conversion was literally the same play that Kevin Faulk scored in SB38.

You can be sure we will look to exploit Phillip Gaines opposite of Marcus Peters this Thursday, and if one guy on KC has the ability to consistently hit the HR ball it will be Tyreek Hill who is almost certainly going to be a focus point for us. Kareem Hunt figures to a wild card as I think he is legit, even as a rookie RB. Make Alex Smith beat you. Even our two losses to NYG in SBs 42/46 were the result of secondary receivers making plays (Manningham) and/or fluke plays from an uncalled obvious penalty (Tyree/O'Hara).

The other thing that the film breakdowns show is...why Cooks is here.

That basically robber coverage the Falcons were running is hard to be used with a guy like Cooks on the outside. It just flat out can't with guys like Gronk and the rest. Put Hogan/Dorsett on the other side and you really can't have that safety lurking underneath.

It's been what I've been saying for years that they need a deep/speed threat. It only makes life easier for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes