PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Don Shula has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

h0c2000

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Per Schefter.

I remember like five years ago weei said it would be any day now.

Hes been sick for a while.

Haven't seen this reported anywhere else but I'll assume it's legit. Not a fan of his and his comments about Belichick were reprehensible but RIP.

Edit: Schefter confirms.

Passed? What? Gas?

I’m sure the comments here will be civil.
They won’t. But, piggybacking on that ; I’ve never understand why people need to be seen in high esteem just because they died.

Bad people are not « made good » because they cease to live. Shula was an ___ hole.

I'm glad that he enjoyed a long life.

I'm sad it wasn't quite long enough.

Last edited:
And I will also post this completely unrelated GIF.

upload_2020-5-4_10-34-21.gif

I'm sorry for his family's loss.

All I saw was a bitter old man who was unhappy he was going to be passed by another coach and lashed out over it to delegitimize that coach's accomplishments. I hope he wasn't as miserable in his personal life as he was whenever he spoke of the Patriots.

I always wanted him to live to see Belichick pass him to see if he could muster up the class to congratulate Bill. Selfish of me, but what can I say?

It's a damn shame that he won't get to see Bill break his wins record
I'm sure BB will go to his grave with a microsoft tablet replaying the whole thing. If the tablet doesn't work he'll just smash it on this headstone.
And it still makes me sick to see the nfl top 50 teams, with what should've been the '07 team, with Shula-led Dolphins atop.

I am sure Belichick is a bit irritated today knowing that Shula will not live to see his wins record passed.

Mercury Morris was a blowhard but at least he had the class to salute the 07 Pats after they almost finished the undefeated season. Shula was just an ass about the whole thing.

Didn't like his comments or his treatment of Bill Belichick but doesn't change the fact I certainly feel bad for his family and friends. I didn't realize he was 90...watching those games against Miami doesn't feel like as long as it's been...crazy.

I’m just here for the comments.

RIP as he lived a wonderful life

Although for a guy who came close to becoming a Catholic priest he was not very forgiving.

Now we will have to wait for a few years for coaching sons Mike and Dave's Myface video as the champange remains uncorked in the mancave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back