PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver Trades for Jets’ Wilson

Many years ago, I went a a High School named after President Woodrow Wilson.

They recently dropped his name.

Last edited:
Wilson to The Donks... Huh... Do they have duck boats in Denver?

Good trade for Denver, for a late round pick swap. Wilson's problems are mental/psychological. This gets him back home/out west where he'll be more comfortable and close to family. He was probably a Broncos fan growing up. Plus will work for an offensive coach who may be able to turn him around. I bet he beats out Stidham for the job.

Oh great, now I have that “Cast Away” music playing in my head, need to get my Led Zeppelin tracks going.

Certainly the volleyball Wilson is the more mature/ better teammate.

Good trade for Denver, for a late round pick swap. Wilson's problems are mental/psychological. This gets him back home/out west where he'll be more comfortable and close to family. He was probably a Broncos fan growing up. Plus will work for an offensive coach who may be able to turn him around. I bet he beats out Stidham for the job.
Well, it's kind of like the same move the Steelers made. You take a couple of cheap QBs and give them a season and see if they have anything and if not, toss them aside next season and draft someone new (assuming you don't draft someone this year).

Wilson's like a lottery ticket. If he can figure it out, he can be a great QB. Those are long odds that this will happen. At least he's not a head case like Manziel.
“Not a head case”. Are you sure about that?!

I’d make a snarky comment about the Broncos Qb room but lol ours tho….

Honestly, Wilson has some similar tools to Brees…just lacks the leadership part. Could be a nice move eventually

I think we can all agree that class was a major bust with 4 of the top 5 being traded. But on that same note teams do not have much patience to grow their picks. Maybe too much win now or bust mentality then rebuild to be good
Lawrence hasn't been that impressive either so I agree.

Funny how Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, and Mac Jones got traded for 6th round picks and Trey Lance who hardly played was traded for a 4th rounder.

Trey didn't get enough playing time to show how bad he really is like the other 3.

Does this mean that the Jets will be shopping for a QB in the draft? Ugh.
Good point.

I was thinking that this might lessen the motive for the Broncos to trade up.

Rats could get someone like Penix by just staying put if they want to go QB.

Or in Ian’s post today about the pressure on the Vikings needing to trade up: they have Sam Darnold penciled in as the QB, the third pick in the 2018 draft by the Jets.

Hey, that’s just like us this draft!

The lessons are twofold: fix the OL before getting the hyped for franchise QB. And the hype is often wrong.

There was a consensus that both Darnold and Wilson (#2) were home run picks.
Disagree! Every draft pick is a risk. All of them from 1-250. BUT the necessity of having a quality QB to compete for championships you HAVE to take that risk and hope the guy you pick develops into the guy you hope he is

The top 3 guys ALL have the talent to be a top 5 QB. So you can't pass on him even if you know for a FACT that you have at least a 50-50 chance you are going to be disappointed. The reward for getting it right is just too high to pass it up.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back