PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake "The Mistake" is back. He wants to take his title back from Peyton.

Plummer picked??!!

Say it ain't so!

And Jake the Mistake does it again. I am laughing so hard at the pundits that were claiming he had left his mistake-prone ways behind and was now a solid QB. Give me a break, he sucks, and so do the Donkeys.

Cowher is doing a good job again today in fighting his demons. Though at time it appears to be a never ending job.... He needs to get off the Bus and keep those chains moving. Save Jerome for goal line, although since he's sick today, has asthma and is playing in an oxygen deprived envinronment I'd really be careful with even that today.

Three score game early in the 4th. That's my kind of Rocky Mountain high.

There's the Jake we all know and love. Total momentum killing INT. GAME.

Richter said:
And Jake the Mistake does it again. I am laughing so hard at the pundits that were claiming he had left his mistake-prone ways behind and was now a solid QB. Give me a break, he sucks, and so do the Donkeys.
Jake the Mistake is back in full force!!!!! Do you think he consulted Peyton before this game?? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Alright...the over/under on pass attempts before Plummer throwing an interception is 3...taking all bets

MoLewisrocks said:
Cowher is doing a good job again today in fighting his demons. Though at time it appears to be a never ending job.... He needs to get off the Bus and keep those chains moving. Save Jerome for goal line, although since he's sick today, has asthma and is playing in an oxygen deprived envinronment I'd really be careful with even that today.

Three score game early in the 4th. That's my kind of Rocky Mountain high.

There's the Jake we all know and love. Total momentum killing INT. GAME.

Jerome runs like a 'Bus' with 4 flat tires...one yard and a cloud of dust!

If only there had been a fumble after at the 1 which was a touchback, but not ruled a touchback. But, I guess that's too much to ask. ;)

Last edited:
They ADD 5 yards on defensive holding?

I thought it was the play or 5 yards?

What was that last penalty?
Illegal man downfield. What does it mean?

Koettbulle said:
What was that last penalty?
Illegal man downfield. What does it mean?

The O-line isn't allowed to block across the line of scrimmage on passing plays..they thought plummer was running, so they ran across the line to block, but then he threw it.

Illegal man downfield is when an offensive lineman gets downfield to block before the ball is passed.

That was a bogus pass interference call, given what Al Wilson got away with last week.

Multiple penalties on defense they only enforce one???

So if you commit PI, go ahead and spear him as well...it's a freebie.

Dumb rule!

The officials are showing up for Denver now. And I was all ready to congratulate them on keeping their flags off the field.

Last edited:
The Gr8est said:
Multiple penalties on defense they only enforce one???

So if you commit PI, go ahead and spear him as well...it's a freebie.

Dumb rule!

LOL! Shoot, maybe Asante should have just speared the Ref for making such a stupid call...It wouldn't have been enforced, although he probably would have been ejected.

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

gettin' interesting....:)

Ok so you can block all you want 5 yard of the LOS, but only downfield if a pass isn't thrown. I'm swedish and have just followed football closely for a year so bare with here LOL. Thanks for letting me know.

Koettbulle said:
Ok so you can block all you want 5 yard of the LOS, but only downfield if a pass isn't thrown. I'm swedish and have just followed football closely for a year so bare with here LOL. Thanks for letting me know.

You can block downfield after the ball is thrown, too. IE, a screen pass. You just can't get downfield and engage as a blocker prior to the pass being thrown.

That thin air getting to you Jake. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes