PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Denver/Pitt Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
:D How in the hell do you even know about good ol' Freddie? Was he picketing in front of your house or something?

They passed through here on their way to Austin to picket the National Champions' celebration. :D

The Gr8est said:
It would be hard for Denver NOT to play better offense than last week. Their juggernaut really stuck it to our defense huh?
same applies to pitt not playing better than our team which gave away the ball 5 times. All iam saying is they played better offense than us last week in not making mistakes and taking adv of opportunitues something we did a lot of last 2 yrs.

good playcalling by pitt.very aggressive and unusual.

Seymour93 said:
They passed through here on their way to Austin to picket the National Champions' celebration. :D

I don't know if you're kidding or not, but I really wouldn't be surprised. The town I live in is nicknamed "Little Sweden" so they picketed here for something that the actual country of Sweden did thinking somehow they were making a point. It was quite comical.

I don't know if you guys just saw that Sony HD commercial or not but that right there was funny as hell.

SVN said:
we had many breaks go our way in the last 2 yrs so we won. every team needs a bit of luck but the good team take advantage of those situations.i can think of many games we played poorly in the past and won doesnt mean we were bad.Guess what? everyone said we were not the most talented team but one that didnt make mistakes. now we are saying the same about the broncos and steelers.

In retrospect, what team was better than the Patriots in the championship years? Maybe the Rams in 2001, but in the AFC, other teams had more players in the pro bowl, but the Patriots had the best overall team, IMO. Easy to say now, I know.

Serves plumber right..ahole

I've always liked the Steelers from the Steel Curtain days...so I'm rooting for them. It's not their fault our Patriots are better...LOL...but anyways...go Steelers.

Wow, the Broncos are doing their best impression of the Patriots right now.

huskeralk said:
The town I live in is nicknamed "Little Sweden".

:eek:... Do ya'll have pot bars? Is prostitution legal? Is the drinking age 18?

huskeralk said:
Wow, the Broncos are doing their best impression of the Patriots right now.

That's a terrible thing for a Pats fan to say!

Denver couldn't imitate the Pats if their life depended on it!

The only thing they have in common is they are both AFC teams.

God, how many times to we have to hear that Jerome Bettis' parents have not missed a game in his career. It is atleast 3 straight weeks, get something else interesting to say.

After a couple of early potential miscues (and attempts by the refs to help Denver), Pittsburgh seems to be marching over the Denver defense.

Seymour93 said:
:eek:... Do ya'll have pot bars? Is prostitution legal? Is the drinking age 18?

I think you're thinking of Amsterdam. None of that stuff is legal here though so don't even start thinking about asking for a free place to stay.

SVN said:
same applies to pitt not playing better than our team which gave away the ball 5 times. All iam saying is they played better offense than us last week in not making mistakes and taking adv of opportunitues something we did a lot of last 2 yrs.

Except when they had to actually drive the field, rather than be handed a gift by the refs, they did make mistakes. That Plummer interception was brutal. And I will go to my grave believing that even with the turnovers, the Pats would have beaten the Donkeys if the refs weren't totally incompetent.

F.B.N. said:
I've always liked the Steelers from the Steel Curtain days...so I'm rooting for them. It's not their fault our Patriots are better...LOL...but anyways...go Steelers.

FBN.....the FootBallNut? WTF... were ya been man?

The Gr8est said:
That's a terrible thing for a Pats fan to say!

Denver couldn't imitate the Pats if their life depended on it!

The only thing they have in common is they are both AFC teams.

Well, they have turned the ball over 2 times already. They're looking alot like we did last week.

Fanfrom1960 said:
In retrospect, what team was better than the Patriots in the championship years? Maybe the Rams in 2001, but in the AFC, other teams had more players in the pro bowl, but the Patriots had the best overall team, IMO. Easy to say now, I know.
2001 i doubt we were the best team with a rookie QB. more of an unknown team.we won purely becos of superior coaching i think.well when we won the afc champ game at pitt , we won because kordell screwed up. didnt mean we didnt deserve it or play well.i remember kordell saying the best team doesnt win always. IMHO we sound the same when we say denver doesnt deserve it.they won fair and square and we messed up.if we were the better team we shouldnt turn over 5 times or make plummer turn over more. we didnt do either.

huskeralk said:
Well, they have turned the ball over 2 times already. They're looking alot like we did last week.

True, but last week was hardly characteristic of the Pats.

It IS characteristic of Plummer to choke.

10-0 Steelers, my prediction is looking good. Denver is an absolute fraud that should not still be playing, and the Steelers are going to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back