PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: David Tepper Throwing Drink @ Jags Game

I don't know if calling it frivolous indicates you know all about it, though? Unless we're just not making sense to each other here.

I know all about it. The point was IF someone could get awarded millions for a frivolous law suit than the guy should be able to get more if he wanted to take legal action. Anyway you slice it stupid move, from a stupid owner.
You missed the point. The Mickie Ds lawsuit was not frivilous.

You missed the point. The Mickie Ds lawsuit was not frivilous.
Frivolous meaning the amount of money they seek. That could be anyone, really. Anyhow tepper has short arms and deep pockets like most billionaires..

You got lied to by corporate shills. The lady didn't sue for 25 million. She sued for much less. Mostly expenses related to her medical bills.

What they conveniently leave out:

1) The coffee was not just hot. It was of a temperature extreme enough to cause third degree burns which required skin grafting. This, as you might be aware, is not normal temperature even for fresh, out of the pot coffee. It was at 180-190 degrees.

2) She was not driving. The coffee was not between her legs.

3) The 2.7Million she was awarded after medical expenses, was punitive. This is because McDonald's had been REPEATEDLY warned about the temperature of their coffee and had done nothing about it. By repeatedly, I mean there were more than 700 incidents in the prior ten years.

4) She initially sued for just 20K to cover past and future expenses. McDonald's offered 800 and refused to go any higher. That's when it moved to trial.

5) She didn't get anywhere near what she was awarded because the judge reduced the 2.7M to 480K.
So she got a bunch of money for burning her vagaga

300K? Jesus H. Christ....

Had Kraft done that....it would have been 1M and two first round picks as a starting point....

The guy runs hot. There is some rumor out there that when Tepper worked for Goldman Sachs he was passed up for a promotion so he went on to start his own VC firm. Apparently he ended up buying his old boss's house (the one who didn't promote him) and demolished it and built an even bigger house on the lot. He won't even notice $300k.

The guy runs hot. There is some rumor out there that when Tepper worked for Goldman Sachs he was passed up for a promotion so he went on to start his own VC firm. Apparently he ended up buying his old boss's house (the one who didn't promote him) and demolished it and built an even bigger house on the lot. He won't even notice $300k.
Make It Rain Money GIF

She originally sued for $20K (to cover her medical costs for skin grafts) but McDonald's refused.

Uh-oh, read story below...bit different than the urban legend.

I am not going to comment on the coffee spilling thing, but this is a related public service announcement:

You know those apps you use to order food from McDonald's, Starbucks, and Dunkin' Donuts (etc)? They are all starting to include clauses in their Terms of Agreement (which no one reads) which says you waive your right to sue them for damages if something should happen. You will be forced to go to the much less friendly arbitration.

I think most people don't realize the above.

I don't see how that punishes the ex-boss. If I sell my house, I really don't care what the new guy does with it.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back