PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Dallas To Stick With McCarthy

The Cowboys are screwed with Dak
Good regular season QB but he just doesn't have it in the postseason

So was Romo. I still think Belichick could have gotten him to perform in the playoffs or at least minimized his impact.

So was Romo. I still think Belichick could have gotten him to perform in the playoffs or at least minimized his impact.
They just need somebody who will keep that defense playing to their regular season standard so Dak doesn't feel like he's fighting an uphill battle. If you go into the playoffs and Dak doesn't feel pressure, they will be fine.

Bill could have done that

They just need somebody who will keep that defense playing to their regular season standard so Dak doesn't feel like he's fighting an uphill battle. If you go into the playoffs and Dak doesn't feel pressure, they will be fine.

Bill could have done that
Your 40+ million dollar QB should be able to handle adversity if you're paying him that much

BB should just retire. Going to Atlanta would be sadly beneath him. It would require too much work especially at his age and serve neither the franchise's interests nor his own.

Can't wait to see the ATL locker room go rogue AF on Bill. They won't put up w/ his dictatorial ways. I see another 4-13 season coming.

Either Bill doesn't want to go to Dallas or Dallas is passing on him which is flat out disrespectful.

This is like Tom Brady all over again where hardly anybody wanted him and quickly regretted it.

If Jones didn't run Parcells off, they face NE in the 2007 Super Bowl. Parcells wouldn't allow Romo and Witten going on vacation during their by week before the Giants game. That Cowboys team was stacked and their best team since the 90's teams.

BB should just retire. Going to Atlanta would be sadly beneath him. It would require too much work especially at his age and serve neither the franchise's interests nor his own.
Bill could also take a break for a year, do something with broadcasting and see if there is renewed interest next season. Sounds like it’s becoming closer toward a done deal with Atlanta though.

I wish him luck.

If Bill could evaluate Qb's, he'd still be coach of NE.
Why don't you start another thread about FA's, Wrs, QB's, the Farts that don't smell, anonymous people that are passive aggressive, etc.

He'd be an excellent analyst, and probably be well compensated for doing it (even though he's probably not hurting for money).

Very true. If Chicago go Williams I think there will be a few teams looking to make a play for Fields including Atlanta and the Pats.

I wouldn’t be disappointed if we went MHJ with the 3rd pick and then traded our 2nd for Fields.
I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd for Fields. At most, a 3rd this year and a 5th next year. But, we'll see what the market for him is if Chicago does trade him.

Jerry may be regretting this decision when his Cowboys lose to the Falcons next Wild Card Weekend….
Jerruh may have that opinion of Kraft now.
Rich boys toys.

I think Bill could have gotten the Dallas job. I really do. Would he need to let go of some control? Sure, but he was willing to do that here anyway and he needs to know no one else will let him have the control Kraft did anymore with the questions on his ability as GM and how he has managed every non Brady offense.

it seems the Cowboys waited a while to announce they were sticking with McCarthy, as if they were waiting to see if they could get someone they really like instead of a holding pattern. Which is exactly what I think happened. They wanted to move on but for a guy they were confident could help them. Maybe like Bill or Haubaugh or some really hot up and comer.

Personally I don't think Bill wanted the job. If Bill takes that job he HAS to produce or his legacy takes even more of a hit. Imagine if he lands on one of the more talented teams with a good QB, and all they need to do is play up to their ability, but Bill can't make them do it (or worse, they regress). Bill might poo poo stats, but in reality he's very big on legacy and perception. If he messes up in Dallas on a huge stage with a good team, he will never be brought into the GOAT discussion again.

If however he fails in Atlanta well, there may have been some potential but weren't all that good and Ryan outside of a few years hasn't been impressive. Also not a big market so people wont be watching as closely. And if Atlanta improves he gets all the credit. Its a no lose situation.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back