PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Cowboys and Raiders brawl at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this on PFT:
On Saturday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh suggested that the media engage in a “self-check” when reporting on training-camp fights. Not many “self-checks” occurred on the practice field Tuesday in California, when the Cowboys and Raiders launched into a full-blown brawl.​

I read that and I presumed it was a serious incident but looking at the video:

Video - Cowboys, Raiders Fight During Practice | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Nothing but handbags between the players and then some scumbag fans (who are allowed to stand too close to the players) who thought they were tough men trying to hit a Cowboys' player who wasn't even looking at them. I didn't see the Cowboys' player do anything wrong but defend himself very reservedly.

Media hyperbole at its finest.

I read this on PFT:
On Saturday, Ravens coach John Harbaugh suggested that the media engage in a “self-check” when reporting on training-camp fights. Not many “self-checks” occurred on the practice field Tuesday in California, when the Cowboys and Raiders launched into a full-blown brawl.

I read that and i presumed it was a serious incident but looking at the video:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/video/#!/blogs/blue-star/Cowboys--Raiders-Fight-During-Scrimmage/271011101

Nothing but handbags between the players and then some scumbag fans (who are allowed to stand too close to the players) who thought they were tough men trying to hit a cowboys player who wasn't even looking at them. I didn't see the Cowboys' player do anything wrong but defend himself very reservedly.

Media hyperbole at its finest.
That's it? Wow, for the amount of reports, i was expecting at least one or two AK 47's being used

It's the Revere Beach of the NFL.

Missing from this report is that the Ref's only flagged the raiders after the brawl, when asked why the cowboys where not penalized the refs just shrugged and smiled.

Raiders fans getting in fights? You don't say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes